• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Would you have liked to see Darla in season 2?

Would you have liked Darla to be in season 2?

• Total voters

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Would you have liked it if Darla had not died but was still around for season 2 with Spike and Drusilla? How would it have changed things if she was there when Angel turned back into Angelus?

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Sineya
If her character was developed like it was on Angel, then YES, more Darla.

- Seeing Angel(us) teaming up with his old flame would have added another insult to him and Buffy's breakup.
- More Darla/Dru would have been fun to see.
- No way Darla wouldn't have picked up on Spike working with Buffy, so it would have been interesting to see how that would have turned out.

SES SA

Potential
I like any and all Angelus/Darla interaction but from practical standpoint, Buffy vs. the entire Whirlwind is too much of a stacked deck. Not just adding Darlas strength, but she also makes them more cohesive. No way Angelus torments Spike nearly as much by going after Drusilla with Darla around. Like Drusilla herself said "his heads too full of her". Buffy and Darla would take up all of his head space and Spike and Dru would have more of a chance, which wouldn't push Spike towards betraying them. Kendra is insufficient backup.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I guess it would have been nice to have seen more of her in S1. That way there wouldn't be the need for this question. I voted no just because with Angelus, Dru and Spike all on team evil it would have got over crowded. Having Daria in one or two episodes might have worked.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Angel dispatching Darla was something that had to happen to establish that his true preference was Buffy, to the extent that he could kill off his companion of two centuries. It also decluttered the plot - having Darla around without using her was going to violate a maxim of plotting for plays - if you hang a gun on the wall in the first act, you have to use it by the third. (IIRC this came from Paddy Chayefsky.) There was no way to have all of the Whirlwind there without making Buffy's survival look like plot Kevlar.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I voted yes just because it would've been great to have all the Whirlwind on-screen together in modern day. Admittedly though, as @SES SA says, it would be too much of a stacked deck. Buffy could've threatened Drusilla to get Spike to back off, but she already did that in Lie to Me so it would be repetitive. Also Buffy taking on the full Whirlwind and winning would then make subsequent villain seem even weaker than they are, particularly Adam and the Trio, and possibly Faith and the Mayor. Interestingly enough though, it is Spike and Dru who are probably the more dangerous couple of the Whirlwind (since they've killed 3 slayers between them) whereas Angelus and Darla have killed none and actually don't want to attract the Slayer's attention (if you go by the FFL flashback, though that could be because they already had Holtz on their tail and didn't want the added stress).

@Ethan Reigns is also right in what he says. Darla isn't a character that would just sit idly by whilst Bangel develops and she wouldn't leave the Master in Season 1. She couldn't not die.

What would've been good is having Darla in Season 7. Darla vs Caleb would be a fight worth seeing, particularly because she would encompass everything he hates about women and she would not give a damn about it. Darla killing Caleb would be more karmic in a way since he calls women "whores" and she is literally a former prostitute. Also I think it adds to the threat of the First if even evil vampires are willing to ally with Buffy to stop it, not because it is the "right" thing to do, but because the world has to be kept in balance otherwise it is bad for both demons and humans. If humans move down the food chain for vampires, then vampires move down the food chain for the Turok han.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I like the idea of having her there with Angelus, Spike and Drusilla, however I don't know how it would work before that. She would have had to become more of a background character in season one so that she survived the killing of The Master and then when Spike and Dru came to town so could have left The Annointed and teamed up with them.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I like the idea of having her there with Angelus, Spike and Drusilla, however I don't know how it would work before that. She would have had to become more of a background character in season one so that she survived the killing of The Master and then when Spike and Dru came to town so could have left The Annointed and teamed up with them.

It could have become a Batman Returns type deal. I'm sure I would have enjoyed all the villains and their individual scenes. But the plot might have been over crowded as a result.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
No. It would take the focus away from the Buffy and Angelus dynamic. Create a strange uncomfortable triangle of sorts.

spikenbuffy

"Hi honey, I'm home"
Staff member
No I kind of love the trio Angelus, Spike and Drusilla, I wouldn't want to change that

Top Bottom