• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Would you have liked Xander and Ampata together?

spikenbuffy

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace....
Do you like Ampata & Xander together and would you have liked Xander & Ampata together?

I think if Ampata didn't need to suck the life out of people to stay alive and could just live then she and Xander could've made a cute couple. He liked her and she liked him.

If Ampata could be saved (that is returned to mortal form) then sure. I liked her character as well as her with Xander (and also with Buffy), and I'd personally have preferred her to Anya (I know that's such a minority opinion as to border on unique). Having Ampata comment on the Watchers Council as well as Buffy's place could be interesting.

But if she couldn't be saved (or at least greatly helped so that she needed much less to "eat" and could say subsist on animals) then probably not. But a very dark option that could be perversely useful is if she was able to feed on vampires, which could help tide her over for a long, long time (though it might have unforeseen side effects, either immediate or after long term use).

But if she couldn't be saved (or at least greatly helped so that she needed much less to "eat" and could say subsist on animals) then probably not. But a very dark option that could be perversely useful is if she was able to feed on vampires, which could help tide her over for a long, long time (though it might have unforeseen side effects, either immediate or after long term use).
Didn't a vampire go to attack her but backed off or am I thinking Teacher's Pet?

spikenbuffy
spikenbuffy
Yes it is teacher's pet

spikenbuffy

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace....
If Ampata could be saved (that is returned to mortal form) then sure. I liked her character as well as her with Xander (and also with Buffy), and I'd personally have preferred her to Anya (I know that's such a minority opinion as to border on unique). Having Ampata comment on the Watchers Council as well as Buffy's place could be interesting.

Yes, if Ampata would have been able to live without kill, she & Xander was sweet, maybe they would have been a better couple than with Anya (I've always found weird that she suddenly want to go out with Xander in The Prom anyway).

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
Nope! Inca Mummy Girl is one of the worst episodes of Buffy, imo. I just don't like that episode, and can barely watch it. Only Oz and Willow are the saving grace of that episode. Ampata is a big weak link for me, both the character and the actress. So no, I do not want to see Xander with her ever. I like the joke about demons being attracted to Xander, but I'll leave it at that.

Taake

Maybe it was taquitos. Maybe he lived for taquitos
Staff member
Black Thorn
Sure, I don't mind Ampata and if they could've figured out how to keep her around, maybe drag her story out for a few episodes, I think it would have liked to see her with Xander. Not sure how it could've been turned into a long term thing, but I would've been open to it.

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
Ampata the Latino hunk with Xander? Sure, I've always been pro-Xander slash.

Or do you mean the chick that killed Ampata? Nahhh.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Nope. I found their exchanges cute enough and they certainly had nice chemistry but Ampata was way too willing to kill innocents just for the hell of it. She killed the real Ampata just so she attend high school! I mean, what the hell?

She could've gone anywhere after killing that Rodney dude but instead she hung around knowing that she would have to prey upon the student populace.
She reminds me of all those meteor freak-of-the-week in 'Smallville' that we're 'supposed' to feel sorry for after 5 minutes of screen time even after they start killing randomly.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
She killed the real Ampata just so she attend high school! I mean, what the hell?
That was used to illustrate how much personal growth meant to her. She was willing to murder to attend High School and strive for what was not allowed her when she was living.

Most would kill to get out of school- she actually wanted to go to school. That is a noble quality.

thetopher

Sineya
Most would kill to get out of school- she actually wanted to go to school. That is a noble quality.
But she's hundreds of years old! It's like Edward Cullen going to high school to hang around kids and graduating over and over, its weird and creepy.
I mean, okay she's sheltered and all but still, she must've learned a lot traveling around the world as an exhibit, why does she wants to hang about with semi-literal and emotionally immature teens? I got nothing except 'plot expectation', it makes no sense because we know very little about her. The writers fail to make me care.
I feel for Xander in this episode because he finally finds a pretty girl who he likes and likes him back but her? Nuthin'.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
But she's hundreds of years old!
And that's what makes it even more impressive. Everything is new yet she was pushing herself to learned hundreds of years worth of knowledge all at one time. Versus that of a Cullen whose been around through the changes and advances- he is caught up. She would be the equivalent of snatching that one nude chick that runs around in that Amazon forest and throwing her ass in school. Everything would be alien. But unlike that nude chick in the Amazon forest, "Ampata" actually wanted to be there.

How would she learn anything travelling around as an inanimate object? Other than Kim Kardashian I do not believe inanimate objects actually learn anything.

The writers fail to make me care.
It is not their fault you are a uncaring person toward the plight of the female and only concerned yourself with the male aspect of the plotline.

thetopher

Sineya
And that's what makes it even more impressive. Everything is new yet she was pushing herself to learned hundreds of years worth of knowledge all at one time.
How would she learn anything travelling around as an inanimate object?
I figured she must've been self-aware and learned things whilst she was an exhibit, that's how she knew about 'Man-parta' *snort* and why she then took his place at the bus depot. It's also how she knew about English and stuff.

It also shows how stupid she was; risking discovery by going to a modern American high school? Why didn't she go back home and blend into a more familiar culture
That sounded a bit racist.

It is not their fault you are a uncaring person toward the plight of the female
This is an outright slur! I only really hate Ampata because of the terribly fluffed 'evil mummy' plot and shallow characterization, not because she's a chick.

They were so cute together but I don't think it would have worked out. I would have loved if they found a way to make it work out though.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
This is an outright slur! I only really hate Ampata because of the terribly fluffed 'evil mummy' plot and shallow characterization, not because she's a chick.
She is a female. You are uncaring about her plight. Nothing I said was a slur. You're opting to read it as a slur maybe speaks more than your denial ever could. You know. There is a group of men for which you may have a common bond. They have a club. Call it the He-Man Woman's Hater's Club. I am wondering if you may secretly be a member. In fact, are you Alfalfa?

Alfala! It's me... Spanky. Let's go get Buckwheat and get the whole gang back together. Our Gang was the best.

thetopher

Sineya
She is a female. You are uncaring about her plight. Nothing I said was a slur.
You gendered the issue whereas in reality the only issue was my 'life-sucking mummy' prejudice.

But y'know, thinking about it some more I've actually done a one-eighty on this; after all Ampata is in every way more sympathetic than Anyanka and Xanya went on to become a popular ship. The poor mummy-girl never reveled in her kills, never volunteered to get immortality and superpowers at the expense of her victims, was never used as comic relief and- when it mattered- she couldn't actually inflict harm on the man she cared for even to save her own life. Contrastingly Anya inflicted plenty of harm on Xander.
So Xampata > Xanya!

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
You gendered the issue whereas in reality the only issue was my 'life-sucking mummy' prejudice.
It sure makes it sound as though you are saying if it were a life-sucking daddy you wouldn't have an issue.

Top Bottom