• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Would you like to see Faith in a relationship?

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
I like bad ass Faith representing loose women everywhere. I don't want her in one relationship, I want her in lots of relationships showing the world how's it done. Save the world by day, find a man by night. I know a lot of people thinks she's bi or gay but Faith has always been a man eater to me.

Monkey Pants
Monkey Pants
She could be an everyone eater!
Samuel Reyes
Samuel Reyes
Preach it!
ChaseRules
ChaseRules
Faith could so go for everyone :)

Scooby Corps

Fly! Be free, little bird, you defy category!
If we have Faith and Spike come together, should we name the relationship "Fake"?
Yes, because the pairing would be faked and contrived. The writers would reduce Buffy, even more, to simply slayer/vampire romance nonsense. Spuffy, already had reduced Bangel (& Spuffy itself) from a gripping love/drama story to the Buffy is attracted to vampires joke. Spaith would just make it worse. For authenticity and originality, please leave Faith alone with Spike or Angel or any other vampires as love interests.

On topic:

If I read the thread topic "Would you like to see Faith in a relationship?" in "Does Faith deserve or needs to be loved?" the answer is yes! Faith deserves to be loved like anyone else and she might need it as well.

But would it make sense? Not necessarily and not right away. On the surface, I read her arc in A&F a journey of finding a place in the world and eventually building a family around her. Two crucial measures to put her alleged purposeless and lonely life behind her. A romance might be a logical next step but I think Faith needs to settle down a bit longer first to cement her security system.

Even if they do a romance, please with the essential development, fleshed out interesting characters (if it's a new one) and subordinate by contributing the plot and her character arc, not the other way around.

Last edited:

Guy

Scooby
Black Thorn
If I read the thread topic "Would you like to see Faith in a relationship?" in "Does Faith deserve or needs to be loved?" the answer is yes! Faith deserves to be loved like anyone else and she might need it as well.

But would it make sense? Not necessarily and not right away. On the surface, I read her arc in A&F a journey of finding a place in the world and eventually building a family around her. Two crucial measures to put her alleged purposeless and lonely life behind her. A romance might be a logical next step but I think Faith needs to settle down a bit longer first to cement her security system.

Even if they do a romance, please with the essential development, fleshed out interesting characters (if it's a new one) and subordinate by contributing the plot and her character arc, not the other way around.
I agree that Faith's story isn't ready for her to have any long-term relationship a la Anya-Xander or Willow-Tara, but don't you think the writers can give her a sort of "stepping stone" relationship?
Like, Maybe in season 11 Faith and Gunn (for example) hook up, and they get into a relationship, but Faith quickly messes it up because of her lack of experience with relationships, and they break up. And the whole thing can take place over 5 to 10 issues. I think that kind of story could be really interesting, if done right. I mean, we NEVER saw Faith in a romantic relationship, with anyone. I'm really curious to see how she would behave in that kind of story.

Samuel Reyes
Samuel Reyes
Baby steps Faith, baby steps!

Scooby Corps

Fly! Be free, little bird, you defy category!
I agree that Faith's story isn't ready for her to have any long-term relationship a la Anya-Xander or Willow-Tara, but don't you think the writers can give her a sort of "stepping stone" relationship?
Like, Maybe in season 11 Faith and Gunn (for example) hook up, and they get into a relationship, but Faith quickly messes it up because of her lack of experience with relationships, and they break up. And the whole thing can take place over 5 to 10 issues. I think that kind of story could be really interesting, if done right. I mean, we NEVER saw Faith in a romantic relationship, with anyone. I'm really curious to see how she would behave in that kind of story.
You're basically right. It's not that I don't want Faith to be happy or that it wouldn't be interesting to see her in a relationship. When I look at the context of her story, the place she is right now, with just having developed a security system (her "family" with Angel, Fred, Koh, Nadira and Giles' aunties), I don't think she is ready yet. As in I don't think Faith would be interested or brave enough, making this huge leap of trust, her biggest issue.

Of course, you never know.... For one, there's love (scratch that... emotional attraction) at first sight (in the case of a new character). Faith doesn't really strike me that way. Secondly, an established or new character falls in love with her and woos her. I think he or she would have a hard time with approaching her but it might lead to your scenario with attempting but eventually screwing up. Faith being the one who falls in love first is the most unlikely imo. Or Faith making the first step.

I think my biggest worry is that the writers would rush it just for the sake of having a romance. I'm a bit biased because they did that frequently with Willow's love interests (Kennedy never got really fleshed out, Aluwyn lacked attachment to the superordinated story and the other characters, Lake is a joke).

I apply that to my fave ship (Willow/Faith) as well btw. If Willow would swap over to A&F and she and Faith would be deeply in love after half the season it would be at best unconvincing, mildly spoken.

First of all, Faith needs to get laid in the comics.
This is a different matter btw. I've got no problem if Faith has a bit fun or "releases" some pressure. It wouldn't be OOC for her and as long it's mutual and respectful (letting him/her dress before kicking out :p), I don't see any immorality in an ONS or an affair with whoever.

ChaseRules
ChaseRules
You mean unlike Xander ? LOL

Guy

Scooby
Black Thorn
You're basically right. It's not that I don't want Faith to be happy or that it wouldn't be interesting to see her in a relationship. When I look at the context of her story, the place she is right now, with just having developed a security system (her "family" with Angel, Fred, Koh, Nadira and Giles' aunties), I don't think she is ready yet. As in I don't think Faith would be interested or brave enough, making this huge leap of trust, her biggest issue.
I agree that Faith probably isn't interested in a relationship right now, or is at least scared of it, and I think that's why it could be an interesting story. Stories thrive on conflict.

Of course, you never know.... For one, there's love (scratch that... emotional attraction) at first sight (in the case of a new character). Faith doesn't really strike me that way. Secondly, an established or new character falls in love with her and woos her. I think he or she would have a hard time with approaching her but it might lead to your scenario with attempting but eventually screwing up. Faith being the one who falls in love first is the most unlikely imo. Or Faith making the first step.
Of course, there are endless possibilities, but I think a Faith relationship with someone at this point could start a lot like Jessica Jones' relationship with Luke Cage. i.e Faith would be reluctant but interested, and the guy (girl?) would be constantly having trouble putting up with her issues, despite liking her.

I think my biggest worry is that the writers would rush it just for the sake of having a romance. I'm a bit biased because they did that frequently with Willow's love interests (Kennedy never got really fleshed out, Aluwyn lacked attachment to the superordinated story and the other characters, Lake is a joke).
Aw, I liked Aluwyn. She never really got fleshed out, but I was still really fascinated by that relationship and that character. And Kennedy got a lot more fleshed out the more she and Willow drifted apart, ironically...
And yes, the writers need to do it right, of course.

This is a different matter btw. I've got no problem if Faith has a bit fun or "releases" some pressure. It wouldn't be OOC for her and as long it's mutual and respectful (letting him/her dress before kicking out :p), I don't see any immorality in an ONS or an affair with whoever.
We're agreed, then :)
#StartSeason11WithFaithInTheSack

Scooby Corps
Scooby Corps
I like Aluwyn too. She never met Buffy or the others, though, for instance. She was solely connected to Willow which makes her a bit one-dimensional. There was much more potential. :)

Monkey Pants

Bored Now
Black Thorn
Mostly I'm hesitant because I think a lot of times relationships are not written well and make me annoyed at the characters in them. I don't want that.

Samuel Reyes

Chilling in SunnyD
We're agreed, then :)
#StartSeason11WithFaithInTheSack
Watch it be the very first panel lol.

I think it'll take a few dates with different people to get Faith to settle into a relationship, just so that she can get the hang of becoming more open and friendly on an intimate level. Can't say as to who Faith's ideal partner would be (aside from Buffy, obviously), but it needs to be someone who can make a mark on her without them immediately being in a relationship or getting physical. Faith is 'Little Miss-Seen-It-All', remember, the person needs to teach her something without being outright condescending, manipulative, or obviously using her to satisfy some deep-seated maternal issues (Wood, I'm looking at you).

However, in classic Whedonverse tradition, I don't see Faith's new honey lasting very long, especially since Faith has actually been one of the unluckiest characters thus far...

Guy

Scooby
Black Thorn
I think it'll take a few dates with different people to get Faith to settle into a relationship, just so that she can get the hang of becoming more open and friendly on an intimate level. Can't say as to who Faith's ideal partner would be (aside from Buffy, obviously), but it needs to be someone who can make a mark on her without them immediately being in a relationship or getting physical. Faith is 'Little Miss-Seen-It-All', remember, the person needs to teach her something without being outright condescending, manipulative, or obviously using her to satisfy some deep-seated maternal issues (Wood, I'm looking at you).
Well, Freud would say that ALL relationships are about satisfying some deep-seated maternal/paternal issue...

However, in classic Whedonverse tradition, I don't see Faith's new honey lasting very long, especially since Faith has actually been one of the unluckiest characters thus far...
Wouldn't it be funny if Faith would end up being the only character in the whedonverse who gets a happy ending with a healthy relationship? I'd kind of love that, and I usually love all those tragic realtionships...

Mostly I'm hesitant because I think a lot of times relationships are not written well and make me annoyed at the characters in them. I don't want that.
It's funny, because I ususally HATE relationships in my stories, but for some reason I only love it in the Whedonverse. Whedon stories just make the romance work, somehow, in a way that other stories don't. Maybe I just like tragedies?

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Well in the Whedonverse nobody seems to have a happy ending . So far the closest is Buffy/Spike & since people are beginning to like
it I bet the Writers are going to ruin it :eek:

Reactions: Guy

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
I kinda agree with most of the comments above. Yes I do think Faith should have someone to really love her, but maybe not quite yet.
A rushed or contrived storyline, just throwing her together with anyone would ruin everything we've loved about her, & just wouldn't seem right.
I would love a Fuffy ending for her, but I don't think that will happen either. Willow/Faith? It could work, but it would take some time for the two of
them to really trust one another. Either way, she deserves someone she can trust, just chill out with & be happy, & like someone said before to tell
her how awesome she really is.

Oh, and for those that were speculating how she was handling the H&H's from all that Slaying....Here's a hint from Season 9 #3 (Family Reunion)
that may explain how she's coping........

Sophie: "Here, Vin, I found some earplugs in Faith's Vibrator drawer. They'll keep the inevitable pity party from waking us again".

Faith: "Those are Stakes, not......"

Sophie: "Of course dear"

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I'm actually kinda bummed out that she never got anybody after Robin. But overall I liked her development in the comics, she just had more stories in her.
I guess that's why there's fan-fic.

Faded90

Scooby
I think Faith being a nun was just about the limitations of the comicverse. They didn’t like to introduce new characters particularly as love interests so they just recycle existing ships or get existing characters together. Hence why we had awful pairings like Xander/Dawn and Illyria/Angel and that god awful ‘Buffy has suddenly decided she has feelings for Xander’ subplot. Buffy outside of Satsu just bounces between Spike and Angel for 5 seasons to the point where Buffy no longer resembles Buffy because now she’s just part of the wish fulfilment version of Spuffy and says things like ‘I know you tried to rape me but my Dad left us and that’s just as bad so it doesn’t matter!’ (Ps whoever wrote this garbage can get in the bin 😂) If there’d been another 5 tv seasons there’s no way Buffy wouldn’t have had at least one other relationship. There’s a lot of fanservice going on like anytime Willow gets another relationship they have to reassure the baiting fans ‘don’t worry she still loves Tara the best!’. They even just recycled villains (Amy was NOT hiding in a bush to save Warren, she wasn’t), even The Mayor apparently survived - nullifying one of Buffy’s best character development episodes.

I think poor Faith suffered from ‘we’ve run out of characters to get her with’ once they’d put Robin in the bin. As discussed on another thread Gunn would have been a good inclusion here for even just an easy going relationship that ended in a nice respectful way. Leading to her and Buffy living happily ever after......

Athene
Athene
Suddenly I'm glad they left Faith alone. That writing is so bad!
thetopher
thetopher
Good points. At least Faith survived the comics mostly intact. That's worth celebrating. :)

Faded90

Scooby
I think Faith being a nun was just about the limitations of the comicverse. They didn’t like to introduce new characters particularly as love interests so they just recycle existing ships or get existing characters together. Hence why we had awful pairings like Xander/Dawn and Illyria/Angel and that god awful ‘Buffy has suddenly decided she has feelings for Xander’ subplot. Buffy outside of Satsu just bounces between Spike and Angel for 5 seasons to the point where Buffy no longer resembles Buffy because now she’s just part of the wish fulfilment version of Spuffy and says things like ‘I know you tried to rape me but my Dad left us and that’s just as bad so it doesn’t matter!’ (Ps whoever wrote this garbage can get in the bin 😂) If there’d been another 5 tv seasons there’s no way Buffy wouldn’t have had at least one other relationship. There’s a lot of fanservice going on like anytime Willow gets another relationship they have to reassure the baiting fans ‘don’t worry she still loves Tara the best!’. They even just recycled villains (Amy was NOT hiding in a bush to save Warren, she wasn’t), even The Mayor apparently survived - nullifying one of Buffy’s best character development episodes.

I think poor Faith suffered from ‘we’ve run out of characters to get her with’ once they’d put Robin in the bin. As discussed on another thread Gunn would have been a good inclusion here for even just an easy going relationship that ended in a nice respectful way. Leading to her and Buffy living happily ever after......
@Athene definitely! Particularly the way relationships are wrote in the comics

Priceless

Scooby
I'm sure Faith is having sex off page, without a doubt. It seems she just hasn't found the right person to bring home to the gang yet. (Or in my head, she has a thing with Giles and they're keeping it quiet until Buffy and Spike get back together and Buffy's more settled)

Top Bottom