• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Would you like to see Joss Whedon's original Buffy Script Animated?

burrunjor

Potential
Joss Whedon's original script was famously butchered by the Kuzuis. I actually don't mind the 92 movie. It's still good fun and I actually saw it first.

However when you read Joss' original script online there is no doubt that it would have been a better film. Lothos is genuinely terrifying, Buffy's conflict is a lot more tense, Merrick is a more tortured, tragic character and the fights are far more spectacular.

Do you think that now after all these years it could be adapted as an animated movie?

Furthermore if it was successful we could get more Buffy and Angel animated movies and series which might be a good way of rebooting or even carrying on the original?

I'd love to see an animated movie that explores Faith's battles with Kakistos and her watcher before she comes to Sunnydale, one about the Whirlwind, Spike in Italy in the 50s, the Master coming to Sunnydale and the chaos that erupts from the earthquake and Demons being unleashed, a Niki Wood animated movie, and even some sequels. It could be like the DC originals range.

I'd like to see Sarah return for the Buffy animated movie. She said she'd be up for a Buffy animated series recently.

Angel6

Potential
I would love a Buffy animated series! I’m keen to avoid any Spuffy versus Bangel wars though so I think they should set it in Season 3 (which I think is the most classic time period) and have the Bangel will they won’t they and Spike as a recurring frenemy.

burrunjor

Potential
I would love a Buffy animated series! I’m keen to avoid any Spuffy versus Bangel wars though so I think they should set it in Season 3 (which I think is the most classic time period) and have the Bangel will they won’t they and Spike as a recurring frenemy.

Yeah a season 3 animated movie would be good, we could also have Faith pop up.

I'd like to see more of the lore explored though. Past Slayers, the Master, the Whirlwind. Have a Buffy animated range, rather than just a series or rather as well as a series. IMO it would be huge.

I'd also like to see elseworlds type stories that show alternate realities, like what if Spike had fed on the gypsy girl and been ensouled instead? What happened next in a reality like the Wishverse. IE how do the Initiative try and take on The Master?

I'd also love a Fray animated series with Dana Delorenzo voicing Fray. That would be awesome.

Angel6

Potential
Yeah a season 3 animated movie would be good, we could also have Faith pop up.

I'd like to see more of the lore explored though. Past Slayers, the Master, the Whirlwind. Have a Buffy animated range, rather than just a series or rather as well as a series. IMO it would be huge.

I'd also like to see elseworlds type stories that show alternate realities, like what if Spike had fed on the gypsy girl and been ensouled instead? What happened next in a reality like the Wishverse. IE how do the Initiative try and take on The Master?

I'd also love a Fray animated series with Dana Delorenzo voicing Fray. That would be awesome.
it’s a great idea, I think our best hope is if the BOOM! Comics sell very well.... I can’t see why they would do something like that without some evidence of it being a goer.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
I'd be interested in seeing an animated version of the film using the original script. Provided Sarah can do the voice and Joss was involved. Would also be interested in seeing the comics fleshed out as an animated series or film, again if the actors and Jose can do it.

No interest in crow barring side adventures into previous Seasons or any number of alternate universe not-Buffy adventures. I don't think there's the interest or money for anything though.

Angel6

Potential
I'd be interested in seeing an animated version of the film using the original script. Provided Sarah can do the voice and Joss was involved. Would also be interested in seeing the comics fleshed out as an animated series or film, again if the actors and Jose can do it.

No interest in crow barring side adventures into previous Seasons or any number of alternate universe not-Buffy adventures. I don't think there's the interest or money for anything though.
Personally I wouldn’t want them to do the Dark Horse comics, as I think they kind of suck. I would prefer an all new universe like the BOOM! one over that. But you’re dead right there’s not enough of a fan base I don’t think to support it. There’s not many of us left that active on this forum, and how many actually buy the comics ?

Priceless

Scooby
I would love to see a Buffy animated show, no matter which season it was set in. I'd of course like to see Spike, but I'd probably watch it without.

AstridDante

Potential
No I would find that really odd. I not really fully on board with the comics. Guess I am a bit of a purist for the tv show

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Really wouldn't care to see an animated version of the original script. I think what was filmed was fine. I never saw that huge of a difference between his script and the finished product anyways. Little things; but that's all they were. Nothing to warrant redoing it.

I do wish the TV show would have continued where the original script ended though.

AstridDante
AstridDante
Would have loved another season of the tv show

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I think I would prefer an animated series to essentially fill in the gaps between episodes. So new stories but within the series as we had it. Maybe we could have Willow's birthday or Christmas.

thrasherpix

Scooby
I'd definitely like to see the original script (which is already in comic form, IIRC) animated. And as for "in between" eps, I just remembered one of the few Buffy comics I liked:

This feels true to the show and links season 5 to season 6, including how Willow got the ressurection spell and how Spike heard of a place he could go to the trials (where he gets his soul back, whether or not that was the intended effect). It expands beyond that...the Buffybot was very hard to maintain and they knew they couldn't keep it up forever, and more so as the Buffybot was forced to speak with principal at Dawn's school since Dawn was acting out (just imagine the Buffybot there...).

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Animation is the only medium that can preserve the youth of the actors and present action. So, I don't see any issues with it, however, I don't know how much demand still exists for more Buffy at this point, and, I don't know if the shipping elements would translate well.

Top Bottom