• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Xander Harris Fanfiction (None of which he has superpowers)

sosa lola

Scooby
New Xander Harris fanfic, where he doesn't have superpowers and isn't pregnant:

I Come to Her At Night by Sparrow2000
Written for the spook_me ficathon 2017
Characters: Xander, Drusilla
Rating: Teen
Warnings: Angst
Disclaimer: Joss and Mutant Enemy et al own everything. I own nothing
Summary: Many years after Chosen, Xander considers his life

Last edited by a moderator:
Grace
Grace
That was good! Thanks for sharing!

sosa lola

Scooby
Heart and Eye by AnarchyRules
Pairing: Xander/Harmony
Summary: Heartbroken after the death of Anya, Xander finds himself in LA. While thought to be dead by his friends, he forms an uneasy alliance with Angel and his team at Wolfram and Heart in an attempt to find something worth living for. Working under Wesley's supervision he attempts to rebuild his life and find a place where he belongs. That would be easy if he didn't have to share a workplace with Harmony Kendall.

This rec is for @Fool for Buffy @Ethan Reigns @ChaseRules and everyone who asked for Xander/Harmony. Sorry, I wasn't the one writing this, but I've got so many WIPs I have no time of finishing to start a new WIP.

Fool for Buffy
Fool for Buffy
Thank you! Will give it a read.
ChaseRules
ChaseRules
Thanks . Just what I was looking for :)

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
The Kin Series by LitGal is Xander/Angel and I don't recall him having any powers in it. It's a three part fic, but you don't have to read part three, the first two are really the focus. Although part two is for mature readers!

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Correction, I have indeed read it. Yes I enjoyed the way they interacted in it. The author I think did well with the small things about their characters, the frustrations at each other.

W

WillowFromBuffy

This was a huge trope after BtVS ended in 2003. Almost every Xander writer wrote about Xander in Africa. I wasn't a huge fan of this trope, but these fics are great.
How did this come to be and why was it so popular?

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Looking through this and I'm recalling xanzpets as one of the first authors I read that focused more on Xander rather than the main Bangel or Spuffy relationships

sosa lola

Scooby
How did this come to be and why was it so popular?

Because it was the only new canon we had at that time. Xander was always very popular among fanfic writers, and when Andrew told Spike that he was in Africa, hundreds of Africa Xander fics were produced and a ficathon of that was created.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
New York by Dr Squidlove Xander is thirty-seven. Divorced. Two kids. 4000 miles from Sunnydale and his Hellmouth childhood. Also, straight. Only someone forgot to tell Giles. In fact… where the hell is Giles?

Read this one last night, never really been into the Xander/Giles ship, but it was a good take on it, the OFC wasn't some one dimensional character but actually someone that you could feel for. It certainly had a full range of emotional situations here.

sosa lola

Scooby
Read this one last night, never really been into the Xander/Giles ship, but it was a good take on it, the OFC wasn't some one dimensional character but actually someone that you could feel for. It certainly had a full range of emotional situations here.

This is one of my favorite Xander/Giles fics. I remember how I was pulled into the story from the begging because Xander's paranoia felt so real and heartbreaking. Loved his relationship with his ex-wife.

I also advise you to read The Giles Thing written by the same author.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
5) Blood on a Sundial by Maz

Spike and Xander, AU in Season 2. We are talking slow burn for this relationship. Please note the rating - they do not fall into bed together.

Sparrow2000′s comments: Takes a left turn on Season 2. This is Spike and Xander, rather than Spander, but it’s wonderful.

Read this one, is there a sequel to it? Feel like there's so much more than could be written.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
That's a shame, even without slash I think it could be continued.

sosa lola

Scooby
Been reading one shot Spander fics like crazy! I miss my boys and their shenanigans. Recs if you're interested:

Lost in France by Sparrow2000: Xander tracks down Spike to give him some bad news. (This is what got me on my recent Spander devouration!)

Trapped by baudown This short drabble sums up why I adore Spander. In fact all baudown's drabbles explain so delicately why I'm head over heels in love with Spander.

Finding the Flaws by Sparrow2000: The gang is gathered in London for Christmas. Spike is being nice, so naturally Xander is suspicious!

My Secrets by danfaz94: Xander Harris has secretly been dating Spike for several weeks. He's not ready to tell Buffy and Willow about him specifically, but he does want to tell them he's in a relationship with a man. He decides to tell them one night whilst visiting them in their dorm, but how will they take the news?

sosa lola

Scooby
Why Not by Emmie: Willow's discovered a spell that will magically heal Xander's eye.

Author's Note: I remember reading discussion about how Willow has so much magical power now, she could heal Xander's eye. Then I began to ponder the specifics and this fic came about.

Top Bottom