• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Xander Instead Of Kennedy?

Cohen

Hellhound
I don't think Will was an obligate homosexual during seasons 3-6. I agree she was written that way in Season 7, but her attraction to Xander and Giles was genuine, as was her relationship with Oz. Also, she's a fictional character with no inner life. She can be anything the creators want her to be.
I disagree. Willow’s gayness was first hinted at with Vamp Willow, where indeed she was seemingly bisexual but we never really got to see the development of that. While she was attracted to and involved with several men pre-homo realization, that doesn’t mean that she is strictly bisexual either. She did have love for Oz, that’s not in dispute. But in New Moon Rising, her choice to be with Tara pretty much solidified her gayness. Even in her breakup with Tara, she sought comfort with Amy and not a man. When one is discerning their gayness, there is a big struggle in the bisexual department, at least there was for me. Especially because I was coming out before it was widely accepted as okay. I’m not sure about the UK, but it was still pretty abhorrent to be gay until right around 2010. And when the show was made, in the late 90s, gays were basically comedic relief in tv shows. All this to say, there’s clear evidence that by late season 6, at the very least, Willow has solidified her status as a lesbian and does not appear to harbor feelings for men beyond close friendship.

thrasherpix

Scooby
I have to wonder about her love for Dracula and also the boy in the magic jacket. Was it truly just magic? (It is shown in season 6 that Amy can turn straight girls gay and in love, though she of all people should know the dangers of that, and I think Dracula was enough of a narcissist to use such magic himself, explaining the annoying worship of Dracula by all the females plus Xander.)

That's an idle musing. I'm not up to going into her pre-Tara time, especially not as I've fully accepted that plot trumps character whenever convenient on this show.

Faded90

Scooby
I’d have liked Willow’s S7 story to be about her dealing with her grief. Possibly she meets a girl at The Bronze mid S7 and exchanges numbers then realises ‘in not ready yet’ girl from the bar who is NOT Kennedy respects this (because she’s not Kennedy). Then in Chosen we have a Willow moment where she discusses with Buffy that she thinks she feels ready to move on, cue a text to ‘girl from the bar’ asking if she’d like to meet for a drink assuming she survives 😂

Kind of showing Willow dealing with her grief but still ending with the possibility of a relationship and being ready to go on a date again

thrasherpix

Scooby
Too bad the actress wouldn't return. Could you imagine Willow having to face "Tara" over and over again while she's in a relationship?

Cohen

Hellhound
Too bad the actress wouldn't return. Could you imagine Willow having to face "Tara" over and over again while she's in a relationship?
If Amber were to return, Joss has stated he wanted to bring her back permanently. Originally she was going to be a face for the first and then they wanted her back to “fix” their “kill the gays” problem. Personally I prefer if she would have continued working through grief, as stated before.

wolfpuppy

Townie
I've heard that Amber says she was never asked back to do a "fix"/wish to bring Tara back.
It sounds like Joss just told that story and shifted the blame onto Amber for not returning.

Faded90

Scooby
I’ve always thought the ‘Buffy’s wish’ thing that was mooted just sounds terrible and I’m so glad they didn’t do it. It would make Buffy look insanely selfish and OOC, so she spends an entire season in pain at being ripped from peace so she does the same to Tara because who cares as long as Willow’s happy. Plus Willow spent the entirety of S6 being a gigantic douche, nearly destroys the world and then less than a year later she gets a ‘oh here’s everything you wanted’ . NO!

Top Bottom