• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Yes, we can! A plan for achieving our goals!

Name the Stars

You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling.
Black Thorn
Alright, it is Sunday! Time to assess our progress!

Let me start with mine.

Report: I’ve continued going over the data that I had already put together, and I’ve added to the analysis. However, I’ve gone slower than I wanted, I’ve procrastinated playing with my cat – which is a handful and I almost lost him yesterday, he’s grounded today – but if I keep working at this pace, I might still make my first deadline of July 16th.

Grade: I'd give me a B+, I can do much better.

@Puppet: Did you go for a walk this week? If yes, for how long? If not, why?
How would you grade your effort and achievements so far?

@HerrMister: How’s the exercise going? Still hitting the mark of 1 hr per day? What about the concerns raised about eliminating dinner? Maybe eating something healthier could work better in the long run?

@nightshade: Is your new pea protein powder working? How much water are you drinking? Did you achieve your goal of biking 3 miles 3 days of last week?

@Name the Stars: Have you kept up with your diet and therapy? Have you avoided toxic behavior?

@buffetier: Have you already gotten your book? How’s the baby doing? Do you think that you’ll have time to achieve your objective?

@genghiskhan: Have you done exercise this week? What type of healthy meals are you having? Any binging this week?

@RachM: have you uploaded your video already?

A couple of comments:

1. Feel free to respond in any way you want, by that I mean that you can be very specific regarding accomplishments or lack of them, or you can be vague. Respond in a way that makes you feel comfortable.

2. If after thinking about your goals and whether or not you're in the right path, feel free to re-adjust your schedule. It'd be great if you let us know if you're re-adjusting so we can still hold you accountable, but again, it is up to you.

Hope you've done better than me!! And have a happy Sunday!

P.S. I'm traveling on June 20th, so I'll report to you and nag you before I leave.
Report: I've been working hard, and going to therapy! However, I still have a few fear foods that I have been too scared to eat. I have been following my meal plan, but my weight is mostly stagnant.
Grade: B, for effort

nightshade
nightshade
Well it's not like vinegar tastes good anyway!
r2dh2
r2dh2
It's a process! You'll get there!

buffetier

Townie
I ordered the book, it's arriving on Monday. So far, it seems that I'll be able to get my 5-10 pages per day. We'll see how it goes, every day is different!

r2dh2
r2dh2
Fingers crossed!

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
@Puppet: Did you go for a walk this week? If yes, for how long? If not, why?
I did not take a specific walk, but I was out yesterday with my family, walking around for hours, so I think that's enough for my first time ;)

Also, hoping it's allowed, I'm adding another one:

1. Set a broad goal: Finish a BtVS fanfiction story (not a one/shot)
2. Narrow the goal to something specific and add a time frame: Write the first chapter by the end of the month.
3. Break the goal into tasks need to achieve it: Write at least half a page before allowing myself to walk away from it. Procrastination is my disease.
4. Detail each task:
  1. Task1: If I'm stuck on something, write out some character profiles, future storylines to do later in the story, come up with an ending :p
  2. Task 2: Do not allow myself to look for a Beta or make a banner until I'm at least halfway through the story
  3. Task 3: Create a playlist to help inspire while I'm writing
  4. Task 4: Absolutely no posting until it's finished!
5. Report progress: I wrote the opening line (and nothing else) today. I also got a better angle on the story that might make it easier to write.
6. Be accountable: Yes, please keep up the reminders :)
7. Communicate changes in goals/schedule: I will do my best not to procrastinate so hard that I make up lies :p
8. I’ll communicate if there’s a change in my schedule: My free time is basically all the time, so I'm good!

r2dh2
r2dh2
Perfect! Next reporting should include progress on this objective.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Progress:
Spent most of Saturday afternoon and all of Sunday afternoon editing. Video is half-complete but is also twice as long as my average vid (21 minutes as opposed to about 10). Will finish editing after work tonight and will be able to post before I go to bed. One day off schedule is not too bad and I feel pretty good about how much editing I managed to do over the weekend, so A for effort!

As an added bonus, my script for next fortnight's vid is already written and I'm three subs away from 1300.

r2dh2
r2dh2
You definitely deserve your A! Best student this week ;).

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
Ok, people, time to report our progress!
@Puppet @HerrMister @nightshade @Name the Stars @buffetier @genghiskhan and @RachM, how are your goals going!?

I'm one week behind with work (not surprising, I tend to be over-optimistic), but it's moving and that counts a lot for now.

I give myself a solid B+ again, good effort just being slow on the analysis part. I'll be unavailable next week, so my goal is to organize results in tables whenever I get some free time (like now). I'll reassess and readjust my goals next weekend, once I'm back home. What about you? Goals achieved? What grade would you give yourselves?

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I went on 2 of my planned 3 walks, so I think I get a B for that one. One of the walks was nearly 40 min, so that was cool.

The month isn't over yet, but I still haven't written any more of my first chapter. However, I have profiles for the main characters, names, and a good idea of what the whole thing will look like. Unlike past stories, I know exactly how it's going to end, so that's also a step up. I give myself a C- for that one; progress, but very little :)

Can't wait to hear what everyone else has been up to this past week! :D

HerrMister

Townie
I missed my first report!

Week 1: I give myself an A, I kept up with my routine, light eating (as much as I can because I get very hungry when I do exercise) and 1 hr of cardio in the evening.

Week 2: I'm going with B, kept my routine for most of the week, except for a couple of days that I had family gatherings 😔.

Next week my routine will also be distorted, I have other family events and work stuff. Will try my best though.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I'm going with an F, awful week, I cycled once, and didn't hit the 10,000 steps most days.

A combination of extra work and less sleep, meant bad choices with food too.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Ok, people, time to report our progress!
@Puppet @HerrMister @nightshade @Name the Stars @buffetier @genghiskhan and @RachM, how are your goals going! [...] What about you? Goals achieved? What grade would you give yourselves?
I had to extend my deadline by a week, editing during the week (while working a fulltime job and having to come home and do mundane things like dishes, washing etc.) is a pain, but I have managed to do a bit of editing every day, up to today, when I finally finished my vid! Uploading to Youtube as I'm typing. I think B+ for effort.

As mentioned previously, my script for my next vid is written, so I now have two weeks to record and edit.

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
1. Set a broad goal: be more social aka "get a life outside the Whedonverse and climate action"
2. Narrow the goal to something specific and add a time frame: Have plans after school (other than doing homework, learning for school, editing or watching Buffy stuff alone at home) at least one per week...
3. Break the goal into tasks need to achieve it: meet friends, find a hobby and/or find somewhere to go to meet new people (that is NOT the internet) (and don´t be affraid to talk to them then)
4. Detail each task:

1. Task 1: ask friends more often if they have time to meet me after school (and if they don´t, then don´t give up, ask someone else)
  2. Task 2: think about a hobby I might like, (that is not me doing something alone at home... Though I love that) or club I could join to meet new people, look if I can do that somewhere near where I live...
  3. Task 3: go to that "lesbian-club thing" I know I can meet some people there... I was there once, but it was so awkward... IMPORTANT: talk to people and don´t give up going there, just cause I were there once and didn´t know how to start conversations...
5. Report progress: I will. But I´ll start it after summer holidays. Just wanted to set the goal now... (will let you know when my holidays are over :))
6. Be accountable: Okay :)
7. Communicate changes in goals/schedule: Yep... Mine is not a real schedule though...

Okay I am not sure if that is a goal meant for here, so if not, just tell me, it´s okay, I know that it is a little weird. Also I know it is not a real schedule, I just didn´t know how to make a schedule for that lol... Oh and thanks so much @r2dh2 for doing this! You really don´t have to do this, but you do, just to help others, that is so nice of you. :)
And, yes, I know my problem is really weird...

Puppet
Puppet
Nothing weird about it, I have a hard time leaving my cave (apartment) myself.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Yeah, I'm gonna have to add another one, there's just so much I need to fix in my life, I guess :)

1. Set a broad goal: Clean up my apartment.
2. Narrow the goal to something specific and add a time frame: Have it completely clean and in order by 2020.
3. Break the goal into tasks need to achieve it: Take it bit by bit, make a goal per week of a small space that will be sorted/cleaned.
4. Detail each task:
  1. Task1: Make a habit of putting my newly washed clothes in the dresser instead of leaving them in the gym bag.
  2. Task 2: Put my bottles in bags for recycling immediately, instead of throwing them on the floor.
  3. Task 3: Wash off my plate and utensils immediately after eating, instead of letting things set and making it more difficult to clean later
  4. Task 4: Clean up/out my basement unit and fill it with the boxes that are currently under my bed -> throw out bed.
  5. Task 5: Create a closet-like space where the bed used to be and start sleeping on the sofabed you bought ages ago.
  6. Task 6: All the crap on top of the dining table, clear it off so I can have guests for lunch or supper in the near future.
  7. Task 7: Get shelves and other sorting units for the kitchen to clear up more space now that I'm actually using it for cooking.
  8. Task 8: Once clean and orderly KEEP IT THAT WAY!
5. Report progress: I will take a little each week and report my progress, as usual, each Sunday. Some weeks there will be more progress than others, but I will strive for at least a little each week.
6. Be accountable: I'm definitely committed and will be held accountable by my (nagging) mother, as well :p
7. Communicate changes in goals/schedule: Changes may occur based on my mental health from week to week, but as mentioned above I'll do my very best.
8. I’ll communicate if there’s a change in my schedule: Right. :)

Bluebird
Bluebird
You can be inspiration for me, I want to do something similar!
nightshade
nightshade
I need to do this too
Taake
Taake
Task 1 and 8, impossible. Cannot be done. Laws of nature tell us so... or that's just what say to make myself feel better :P

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
Nothing weird about it, I have a hard time leaving my cave (apartment) myself.
Thank you. It still feels a little weird. I mean I have friends, but they don´t seem to have much time to meet me and I am not that good at meeting new people a) because i don´t go anywhere where I could and b) because when I am sonewhere where I could meet new people I am not good at starting conversations. It is way easier to stay in my comfort zone and just stay at home edit videos watch buffy, do stuff for school etc...

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Thank you. It still feels a little weird. I mean I have friends, but they don´t seem to have much time to meet me and I am not that good at meeting new people a) because i don´t go anywhere where I could and b) because when I am sonewhere where I could meet new people I am not good at starting conversations. It is way easier to stay in my comfort zone and just stay at home edit videos watch buffy, do stuff for school etc...
It is easier to do that, just as it's easier for me to stay the way I am. Trying to change is the hard part, but it'll be more than worth it in the end. And you're not alone, we're all here for each other, that's the best part of BB; it's not discussing Buffy that keeps me coming back, y'know ;)

Willow Tara
Willow Tara
That´s so nice and beautiful what you just said :)

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
@Willow Tara what about your Friday group? Is there anyone there you could possibly become friends with, doesn't have to be someone of a similar age?

Willow Tara
Willow Tara
Yeah... I try, but I am not good at talking to them... :( There are very nice people though... I am just shy and affraid to talk to them...

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
I probably stayed at the F this week, I had planned to go swimming on Friday afternoon but ended up working. I've had way too much junk food as it's been too hot to cook.
However I got reminded this morning that it's 5 weeks until my next 5k run, so I have to get out running again.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
It's at F- for me all around and I don't want to talk about it.

nightshade

Staff member
Black Thorn
Goal: Clean house
Time frame: end of year
Break down: I want to move house at the end of the year, so want to have a big sort out to make it easier.
Task 1: Throw away/ donate at least 5 items a week.
Task 2: Spend at least 30 minutes each week going through one area. One drawer, cupboard etc.

Top Bottom