• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

"You have all my Faith"

telperion66

Potential
In the season three episode 'Homecoming', Mayor Wilkins says this line to his assistant Alan during his very first appearance in the show - "You have all my faith".

It strikes me as being a little offbeat and out of place.

But, more than that, isn't it odd that Faith would end up allying with the Mayor against Buffy during his quest for ascension, and yet he chooses to use her name in his very first scene?

Did the writers know about this storyline in advance in trying to establish an immediate connection with Mayor Wilkins and Faith by having him say this specific line?

Or is it just sheer randomness?

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
I remember thinking this line was a bit odd. The actor nails the creepy delivery that makes the audience feel uneasy. I too wondered if it was a nod to Faith later which just missed the mark. But we do know the Mayor was strong in his beliefs and perhaps it was just a way to say that his assistant had all of his trust.

Perhaps the Mayor did know Faith would end up coming to him, but I haven't seen season 3 recently enough to put any evidence behind that. Allans death was the catalyst to releasing Faiths dark side. The final line crossed, the point of no return for her.

Top Bottom