• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

You LOL'd today? Why?

thrasherpix

Scooby
Points to the first movie that gender flips a main character in this way...

2YtYAGHGsKKM43m-LjA_k5wHfqUTddn-HgeSsUDEC5iSY1SddYY-pFF9UfepTnW8938pbOBoXjByeA=s640-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffffff-nd

TriBel

Scooby
thetopher 'Fainthearted'? No kidding, no just unironically quoted a communist.

Who Sarkar? a) I don't have a problem quoting communists if I think they have something useful to say (there are as many varieties of Communism as there are Capitalism) and b) I don't think there was explicit political content in her juxtaposition of Shakespeare's idea of England and the England conveyed by some (by no means all) of England's football fans. Therefore...her political persuasion doesn't matter.

thetopher
thetopher
I think if somebody hates England and Englishness then that gives context when she's commenting on English people doing dumb things. Just my two cents.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
What the? Her political persuasion doesn't matter? As if

think the English are dumb? Just my $3's worth - see I'm not skint like @thetopher.

Dogs of Winter

Potential
Reading some of the items on Iggy Pop's backstage rider when he played live. I assume he is being funny but you never know with Iggy :)

“Somebody dressed as Bob Hope doing fantastic Bob Hope impersonations and telling all those hilarious Bob Hope jokes about golf and Hollywood and Bing Crosby.”

“Seven dwarves, dressed up as those dwarves out of that marvellous Walt Disney film about the woman who goes to sleep for a hundred years after biting a poisoned dwarf, or maybe after pricking her finger on a rather sharp apple… or something. What was the name of that film? Was it Cinderella?” “Taller people are acceptable, of course. It’s attitude, more than height, that’s important here. Don’t forget the pointy hats!”

thrasherpix

Scooby
I saw something similar in real life (years ago) so I could believe this actually happened. But whether it did or not, I laughed...maybe a road sign in Sunnydale in season 7 (I could even see fitting it into season 5):

i9XIuJVg6g92vEieLfqRku4Aasnhd1k3-X_7jsLFu7MW5MRDH6kG2O4n0wFelQIq3oeBXv1XZec41Q=s516-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffffff-nd

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
Mainly that last part!
People get pissed at me for my unannounced visits all the time. I mean, yeah, usually it's late and night and all, but I don't know why they get all worked up and start screaming stuff like "who the hell are you" and "put down my TV"

Top Bottom