• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Your ‘headcanon’ for the characters now

Faded90

Potential
Now I admit I don’t view the comics in my canon so mine completely dismiss them 😂 mostly because I actually want to still like the characters ..... mostly! 😉 so where do you see each character or the general plot

In general I see a ‘slayer organisation’ still but a lot more low key than the comics depict it, more boarding school than units around the world. They work around the world but using witches to teleport etc. I don’t see there being thousands of slayers either, maybes a hundred, tops. They kick ass of course and are cool AF

Angel, Spike and Gunn went down swinging in the alley. Illyria survived though

Buffy and Faith bonded over losing Angel and Spike and it makes their friendship solid then..... They are now blissfully happy together. I will die on the hill with this one 😉

Willow and Kennedy broke up fairly quickly post Chosen as Willow wanted to work on herself and nurturing the control of her powers however she’s very happy and ready to fall in love again, she realises it really is ok to give her heart to someone again. Another comic bash here but I hate how every time Willow gets with someone they feel the need to say ‘don’t worry she still loves Tara best!’

Xander and Dawn absolutely do not EVER get together. There’s a meta conversation one day where someone suggests it may happen and they laugh at the ridiculousness of it

Giles stopped being a douchebag and apologised for being a douchebag

Anyone got anything?

Athene

Scooby
Sineya
Well it seems like the scoobies all went their separate ways going by Angel season 5.
But I like the idea of Dawn becoming a watcher, Buffy, Faith and Giles running a slayer school that's like Hogwarts :D. I do think Not Fade Away suggests that Spike and Angel are dead. I guess the main thing I headcanon for all of them is that they have a nice balance between a normal life and supernatural life.

Priceless

Scooby
I do count the comics as canon so from Season 12 I think Buffy leaves the police while Faith stays, eventually running her own Supernatural Detection Division. Buffy and Spike get back together. Giles and Andrew, along with Willow go to London to restart the Watchers Council. Giles and Olivia marry. Buffy takes her place on The Magic Council and helps rewrite the laws of magic. Xander and Dawn are together, Dawn is a Watcher who can open portals, while Xander is still a carpenter. Angel goes on a quest to rescue Illyria, aided by everyone, including Connor and Gunn.

thrasherpix

Scooby
Two things occur to me right now in my current surreal state of mind:

1. Dawn eventually dies and the spell evaporates as they tend to do (and I believe was happening in the comics as well). This means A LOT doesn't happen that did because the motivation (and inspiration) is gone.

This can lead to Glory actually opening the portal as memories fade, but several mystic groups come together to help close it.

Eventually the groups face off against Wolfram & Hart and seek to create an interdimensional aware society no longer clouded in secrecy. Angel is bitter over Buffy's death and at first argues he's changing things from the inside, but in the end he does his treachery against the law firm, losing his own existence, and allowing the forces that strive to make a free world surrounded by more advanced dimensions to finally have the clout they need to defend themselves without selling out too much to W&H forces. In the meantime, humanity must wage a war against demons trying to reclaim the world which means embracing magic, and techno-magic.

Overall, epic with some tragedies within an apocalypse, but those seem popular these days.

OR

2. Early on, Willow manages to adapt the Buffybot and then ensoul it (much as she did Angel), so that Dawn is within the robot (but it looks more like Dawn than Buffy now). There is no Summer's blood then, but hydraulic fluid.

However, with a soul, there is free will and freedom from the confines of the spell. I also like to think this alleviates some personality shifts in other characters (by messing with their memories) to accommodate the monks, thus allowing the characters to remain more likable, and not have to wonder which of their memories are real and which aren't.

Perhaps the Key itself is destroyed while the soul of Dawn they hid it in remains safe, and they work with the Knights of Byzantium, Watchers, and such (even Wolfram & Hart could be motivated to help) to end Glory/Ben once and for all as well as close the Hellmouth (they probably don't want W&H to know of that last part, but of course they find out somehow)...as the spell protecting Ben wears off, and Glory transforms back to Ben, he is killed by a Wolfram & Hart sniper instead of Giles.

Dawn can still have her existential crisis of being an android with free will, though this makes it very easy to relate to Buffy now, and vice versa. Next season could be Wolfram & Hart wanted to make a world similar to Ghost in a Shell with a Hell-bent plot twist (if only Moloch had lived to see it...). Ironically, people sell their souls to get android bodies in contrast to Dawn, the "android with a soul" who can thus relate to vampires with a soul as well. :D

ETA: naturally, vampires are very much against a procedures that causes their happy meal on legs to have hydraulic fluid instead of blood and thus form a secret coalition, likely with religious organizations (some religious leaders who are turned into vampires, and may have to endure the cross while pretending to be human). :D

Last edited:

Moggin

Tasty Townie
I do count the comics as canon so from Season 12 I think Buffy leaves the police while Faith stays, eventually running her own Supernatural Detection Division. Buffy and Spike get back together. Giles and Andrew, along with Willow go to London to restart the Watchers Council. Giles and Olivia marry. Buffy takes her place on The Magic Council and helps rewrite the laws of magic. Xander and Dawn are together, Dawn is a Watcher who can open portals, while Xander is still a carpenter. Angel goes on a quest to rescue Illyria, aided by everyone, including Connor and Gunn.
@Priceless seems to think in the same wavelength I do. Nice tie-in! If I'm accepting the comics as canon, then this would be great.

Like @Faded90, though I don't have an easy peace with the comics. Ideally, I would have liked to see more filmed shows with the original actors, and since I know how much time has passed now without them, about the only thing I have a head canon for is one epic return season to finish up the loose ends from the TV shows, fill in the blanks for the last 18 years, and pass the torch to someone else. Since I'm unlikely to get this either, this is my most devoted head canon.

Just some high points:
  • Dawn and Xander together with kids
  • Kennedy and Willow are not together, but they've been on and off again for years.
  • Willow serial dates (because no one can compare to Tara)
  • Buffy went back to school and got a degree, and now is working a boring office job that facilitates the slayers in some way.
  • Buffy has been an integral part of building the new watchers, and organized the slayers, but at some point they've all learned how to operate without always turning to her.
  • Buffy has had many unsuccessful romantic relationships over the years.
  • There is a new slayer up and coming who looks a bit brighter and more promising than the rest-- it leaves Buffy feeling pointless.
  • She's been keeping a watch on Angel and Spike for years, but at a safe distance, not making contact
  • Faith is a child welfare advocate/social worker with a fulfilling career and personal life
  • Some great threat to the slayers and watchers forces Angel and Spike to Buffy, and forces her out of her ordinary life/semi-retirement.
  • It turns out ordinary life isn't what it's all cracked up to be for Buffy, and she's loving being back at the center of it all
For me, Buffy ends her ordinary life by recreating one of the nifty magical objects we've seen in the show, like the Gem of Amara, or something else like it. How these items were created was never shown in the TV show, but I think a sacrifice, like a slayer's life along with an ensouled vampire, should be able to make the exchange needed to create it. It would be interesting to see one vampire have to keep the magical item safe, and the other have to be sacrificed for it, one vampire to protect and one to accompany Buffy.

TriBel

Scooby
Totally behind that but I don't want Dawn and Xander together because I think as much as he loves her he also oppresses her. Please can I have him out of her life and Dawn, Spike and Buffy sharing the care of "Joyce"? Kinda inverting Joyce caring for them? Remember Restless? Xander needs an older woman (as Anya was). Frangellyria need to move to Ireland. Just a minor rewrite... 😄 but keeps up with the return of the repressed patterning of the original.

Last edited:

Priceless

Scooby
Totally behind that but I don't want Dawn and Xander together because I think as much as he loves her he also oppresses her. Please can I have him out of her life and Dawn, Spike and Buffy sharing the care of "Joyce"? Kinda inverting Joyce caring for them? Remember Restless? Xander needs an older woman (as Anya was). Frangellyria need to move to Ireland. Just a minor rewrite... 😄 but keeps up with the return of the repressed patterning of the original.
I've just got so used to Dander, even though Xander was horrible to Dawn in S12. I guess I can visualize him meeting someone on the Magic Council, or even an older Watcher. Is Lydia still alive?

I would rather Dawn had someone in her life, though she could bury herself in work. How about Dawn and Gunn?

Frangellyria can move to Ireland, though I don't imagine they'd be very happy in such a small place. They'd have to travel the world to solve crime.

TriBel

Scooby
I've just got so used to Dander, even though Xander was horrible to Dawn in S12. I guess I can visualize him meeting someone on the Magic Council, or even an older Watcher. Is Lydia still alive?

I would rather Dawn had someone in her life, though she could bury herself in work. How about Dawn and Gunn?

Frangellyria can move to Ireland, though I don't imagine they'd be very happy in such a small place. They'd have to travel the world to solve crime.
Lydia works perfectly...does it matter whether she's alive? This is BtVS we're talking about. Isn't death optional?

On that note: I'll see your Olivia and raise you a resurrected Ethan. He works with Giles. Their relationship is homosocial but with homoerotic/homosexual tension. I think Giles is threatened by grown-up women.

Frangellyria - at the end of S11 they were going back to a hotel so yeah. They buy Liam's old home in Galway as a base but, as you say, travel the world (can they also travel across time)?

At some point, your head-canon becomes mine. Don't sue me for plagiarism. 😄

Dawn and Gunn? Yeah...he looked after his own sister but let her be her own person. I'm good with Dunn/Dann/Gawn.

Priceless

Scooby
I think Giles is threatened by grown-up women.
Agreed, but I can't see a future for him and Ethan. He wouldn't let his guard down and in the end I think Ethan would get bored. But for a bit of fun now and again, why not.
(can they also travel across time)?
Of course, like resurrecting the dead, time travel is always an option in BtVS 😀
Dawn and Gunn? Yeah...he looked after his own sister but let her be her own person. I'm good with Dunn/Dann/Gawn.
That settles it then. Dawn leaves Xander, buries herself in work and Joycie but meets Gunn, who is older and much wiser than Xander and understands Dawn better.

TriBel
TriBel
Sorted! Write and I'll read it! :D

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Watcher
Black Thorn
Aw, and I came in here to say that the only thing I knew for sure was that even if I'm not hot on the comics, what I do like is the idea of Dawn and Xander and now you lot have me contemplating Dawn and Gunn. Troublemakers you! 😋

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
Spike and Angel get split into their good and evil selves (the evil versions are their own independent characters, there is no re-joining them). Angel and Good Spike both Shanshu and lead relatively normal lives but help out Buffy when she needs it.

Evil Spike goes off and finds Drusilla who is happy to see him and they spend the rest of eternity happily causing chaos together.

Angelus now free of his prison is at a loss of what to do. He's been out of the game too long. Either his name is unheard of or it's associated with being Buffy's ally which means nobody takes him seriously. Angelus vows to reclaim his former glory but with none of the Whirlwind around to appreciate his deeds, he feels empty inside and any joy or satisfaction he feels is very short lived. He decides to kill Buffy since she is the cause of his troubles. He fails and is staked but is finally at peace and joins Darla in whatever afterlife vampires have.

Willow and Kennedy split up and Kennedy is promptly mown down by a steam roller. There's no chance at all that she can be revived.

Dawn helped Chao-ahn learn English and was proud when Cha-ahn went on to be a doctor. They still keep in touch. Dawn teaches English abroad.

Xander became self-destructive and nearly committed suicide but Willow stopped him. They've worked together to improve both their lives and have had some success but are still a work in progress.

Giles and Buffy made amends and Giles became the head of the new Watchers whose main objective is now to assist slayers in their duties. This could mean financial aid etc.

Buffy still fights the good fight and will eventually go down in history as one of the greatest slayers to ever live.

Faded90

Potential
Spike and Angel get split into their good and evil selves (the evil versions are their own independent characters, there is no re-joining them). Angel and Good Spike both Shanshu and lead relatively normal lives but help out Buffy when she needs it.

Evil Spike goes off and finds Drusilla who is happy to see him and they spend the rest of eternity happily causing chaos together.

Angelus now free of his prison is at a loss of what to do. He's been out of the game too long. Either his name is unheard of or it's associated with being Buffy's ally which means nobody takes him seriously. Angelus vows to reclaim his former glory but with none of the Whirlwind around to appreciate his deeds, he feels empty inside and any joy or satisfaction he feels is very short lived. He decides to kill Buffy since she is the cause of his troubles. He fails and is staked but is finally at peace and joins Darla in whatever afterlife vampires have.

Willow and Kennedy split up and Kennedy is promptly mown down by a steam roller. There's no chance at all that she can be revived.

Dawn helped Chao-ahn learn English and was proud when Cha-ahn went on to be a doctor. They still keep in touch. Dawn teaches English abroad.

Xander became self-destructive and nearly committed suicide but Willow stopped him. They've worked together to improve both their lives and have had some success but are still a work in progress.

Giles and Buffy made amends and Giles became the head of the new Watchers whose main objective is now to assist slayers in their duties. This could mean financial aid etc.

Buffy still fights the good fight and will eventually go down in history as one of the greatest slayers to ever live.
I read your post thinking ‘yeah cool’ and nodding. Then I got to ‘Kennedy is mown down’ and thought ‘YES!’ I’m a sucker for a happy ending

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
I assumed they were all defeated by a R'Cession Demon in 2008, which is like a Weeping Angel, except it sends everyone forward in time to 2018, and they have no memory of the last ten years, other than it's a hopeless hellscape. Wokka wokka!

Seriously, though. The Buffy finale was sufficiently open ended, but it was also tied up, clearly her adventures of growing up were over, and she was powerful enough to control her future. Angel, on the other hand, had two major issues to resolve. The first was saving Fred, and the second was the Sanshu. I assume people not named Gunn survived the alley. Those Demons were true warriors, and were probably stupid enough to agree to Single Combat. Sooner or latter, the W&H would realize that killing the Ensouled Vampires was a stupid idea. Fred was planned to come back in Dr. Jeckyl fashion, yay! And the series ends with Angel and Buffy walking into the sunrise together after forcing a lasting peace against the Dark Forces of the Night.

I think Buffy formed a slayers council - which is like the watcher's council but with the important people at the centre and the watcher's working for them. Fortunately the old watcher's council kept all their gold in a separate building to their headquarters so it wasn't destroyed when Caleb blew up the council. Using a combination of witchcraft, watcher's gold and the personal libraries sent to them from retired watcher's, Buffy set up a new headquarters to train all the newly called slayers, though she left Giles in charge of the day to day running as she was in Rome, living her best life.

The headquarters acted as a training ground for older slayers and a school for younger ones (I know the comics pretend slayers don't come into their power until they're about 15 but we literally see a little girl get her slayer power in Chosen, so I am confident in saying the comics are incredibly wrong there, as their soft canon contradicts proper canon - and slayers can now be any age from new born to elderly - the hard canon of Dana, who is at least 25, in s5 proving slayers can be older than Buffy). Because there are so many of them, it is entirely up to the slayers whether they fulfil their duty or ignore it and get on with their own lives- but they have community and thanks to the watcher's gold, active slayers now get paid. (Buffy wanted to make sure no slayer ever ended up the way she did in s6)

Younger slayers go to slayer school as it would be dangerous to have super strong little girls in normal schools, but they receive a well rounded education and so once they are grownup, they can make a choice on whether to slay or enter the normal world. As the years pass by and there are more and more slayers across the world, they open up more and more headquarters so the girls can stay closer to home while they receive their training.

Buffy got a lot of satisfaction from setting the council up in her own image and making sure no girl was ever treated the way she was or suffered as she had again - but mostly, she's happy to be out there doing her slaying thing, money worry free and enjoys travelling and studying to keep her busy when she isn't averting apocalypses. After having the weight of the world on her shoulders, just knowing that there are other slayers out there gives her a huge sense of liberation and allows her to enjoy her calling.

Angel and his friends survived the night in the alley (except Wesley) but the senior partners continued to rain hell on earth down on them. They used Lindsey's tattoos to disappear and went out to seek a way to rebalance the scales and stop hell on earth (or at least L.A). Cordelia - as a higher power - guided them to what they needed in order to put things right. (side note, she and Doyle are together and blissfully happy).

Wesley was still bound by his contract and so was still working for Wolfram and Hart after his death. He was put down in their records room - where all actions on earth are recorded and his job was to record what Angel and his friends were up to. But of course the senior partners understand neither love nor free will and so - knowing that Angel was hidden by the tattoos and knowing the senior partners wanted to find him - Wesley made up a whole load of lies and recorded them in the book, so the senior partners would never find Angel. Once this was discovered he was severely punished and sentenced to eternal torment, but Cordelia rescued him and now he works as an ethereal servant of the PTB.

Both the PTB and the Senior Partners decided that Willow was becoming too powerful to remain on earth as a mortal. They both tried to recruit her to their own side - and she is now an immortal higher being playing her own game, with both sides thinking she works for them. She is actually responsible for Covid 19 - but that is a long story.

All these years later, Angel and his team run a slayer school out of the Hyperion. Angel teaches art and history, Spike teaches literature, Illyria/ Fred teaches all the science and maths, Lorne came back and teaches music and Gunn teaches law, lore and citizenship as well as demon languages . They cobble together Geography and woodwork but figure the girls can just google that if it ever comes up. Faith runs a similar school on the east coast. They have a friendly coast vs coast slayer rivalry.

Xander is married to Vi. Xander is a carpenter, Vi is a nurse. They have mostly retired from the demon slaying life but always return if Buffy needs them.

Oz and Nina are married. They live in Portland where she owns a little shop which sells her own ceramics. Oz is a session musician. He has taught her how to control her inner wolf come the full moon, though some months they don't bother and just let the fur fly.

Dawn left the slayer world behind to go to college and lived a normal life for a good long time. She went to Harvard and got a doctorate in international relations and started working for the diplomatic service. But it was at work where she met a young man by the name of Connor Reilly and they started to date, keeping many secrets from each other, until a random vampire attack and then the truth came out on both sides. When she turned 24 - after ten years on earth - she was dismayed to start developing powers, the key part of her was growing stronger. She can teleport and open gateways to different places, if she focuses her energy she can use it to kill things, the way it killed Buffy - but that takes a lot out of her and is only ever used as a last resort. As Connor was already a superhero living a normal life, she decided to be one too and stayed true to her career path. They are currently stationed in ... Kuala Lumpur, working for the American Embassy. They have two boys. Buffy is a doting Aunt and Angel is a delighted grandfather ... though they tend not to visit at the same time as it is all too majorly weird.

It was Spike who shanshued - eventually. Angel having signed away his right to it. It was a hard transition for them both; Angel realising he would be a vampire forever and Spike having to get used to not having superpowers any more. He stayed with the AI team for a while, and Gunn mentored him in demon hunting without the super strength.

Buffy was never told that Spike was alive after Chosen, never mind that he had shanshued.

In December, Buffy went to Kuala Lumpur to spend Christmas with Dawn (Dawn opened up a gateway to walk her through, other wise she would have been subject to the same lockdown rules as all of us). There was an unexpected apocalypse situation ( a real one - not a plague). They called in Vi and Xander to help out (Connor wanted to call Angel, but Buffy vetoed the idea) and together they started to work the problem.
But what they didn't know was that the threat was an old enemy of Illyria's and the team were already all over it. Cordelia had magicked them to Malaysia and they were already thwarting the apocalypse.
So both teams were doing their thing, there were a few near misses but they never quite managed to bump into each other - and on new years eve, at the stroke of midnight the demon was defeated, the threat was vanquished, the world was saved - and Dawn/ Connor and Xander/ Vi were swept up in their new year midnight kisses and Buffy was all alone. So being Buffy, she went off somewhere to mope for a few hours.
Meanwhile the AI team were packing up to leave.
Spike went back to the scene of the fight to retrieve his sword, just as the sun was beginning to rise.
Buffy was there - all alone - she heard a noise behind her and turned to look.
Just as Spike walked out into the sunshine...
It was just like the end of OMWF with the rising music and the rising ... music.

As far as I am aware, they have not yet emerged from their hotel room.

Moggin

Tasty Townie
I think Buffy formed a slayers council - which is like the watcher's council but with the important people at the centre and the watcher's working for them. Fortunately the old watcher's council kept all their gold in a separate building to their headquarters so it wasn't destroyed when Caleb blew up the council. Using a combination of witchcraft, watcher's gold and the personal libraries sent to them from retired watcher's, Buffy set up a new headquarters to train all the newly called slayers, though she left Giles in charge of the day to day running as she was in Rome, living her best life.

The headquarters acted as a training ground for older slayers and a school for younger ones (I know the comics pretend slayers don't come into their power until they're about 15 but we literally see a little girl get her slayer power in Chosen, so I am confident in saying the comics are incredibly wrong there, as their soft canon contradicts proper canon - and slayers can now be any age from new born to elderly - the hard canon of Dana, who is at least 25, in s5 proving slayers can be older than Buffy). Because there are so many of them, it is entirely up to the slayers whether they fulfil their duty or ignore it and get on with their own lives- but they have community and thanks to the watcher's gold, active slayers now get paid. (Buffy wanted to make sure no slayer ever ended up the way she did in s6)

Younger slayers go to slayer school as it would be dangerous to have super strong little girls in normal schools, but they receive a well rounded education and so once they are grownup, they can make a choice on whether to slay or enter the normal world. As the years pass by and there are more and more slayers across the world, they open up more and more headquarters so the girls can stay closer to home while they receive their training.

Buffy got a lot of satisfaction from setting the council up in her own image and making sure no girl was ever treated the way she was or suffered as she had again - but mostly, she's happy to be out there doing her slaying thing, money worry free and enjoys travelling and studying to keep her busy when she isn't averting apocalypses. After having the weight of the world on her shoulders, just knowing that there are other slayers out there gives her a huge sense of liberation and allows her to enjoy her calling.

Angel and his friends survived the night in the alley (except Wesley) but the senior partners continued to rain hell on earth down on them. They used Lindsey's tattoos to disappear and went out to seek a way to rebalance the scales and stop hell on earth (or at least L.A). Cordelia - as a higher power - guided them to what they needed in order to put things right. (side note, she and Doyle are together and blissfully happy).

Wesley was still bound by his contract and so was still working for Wolfram and Hart after his death. He was put down in their records room - where all actions on earth are recorded and his job was to record what Angel and his friends were up to. But of course the senior partners understand neither love nor free will and so - knowing that Angel was hidden by the tattoos and knowing the senior partners wanted to find him - Wesley made up a whole load of lies and recorded them in the book, so the senior partners would never find Angel. Once this was discovered he was severely punished and sentenced to eternal torment, but Cordelia rescued him and now he works as an ethereal servant of the PTB.

Both the PTB and the Senior Partners decided that Willow was becoming too powerful to remain on earth as a mortal. They both tried to recruit her to their own side - and she is now an immortal higher being playing her own game, with both sides thinking she works for them. She is actually responsible for Covid 19 - but that is a long story.

All these years later, Angel and his team run a slayer school out of the Hyperion. Angel teaches art and history, Spike teaches literature, Illyria/ Fred teaches all the science and maths, Lorne came back and teaches music and Gunn teaches law, lore and citizenship as well as demon languages . They cobble together Geography and woodwork but figure the girls can just google that if it ever comes up. Faith runs a similar school on the east coast. They have a friendly coast vs coast slayer rivalry.

Xander is married to Vi. Xander is a carpenter, Vi is a nurse. They have mostly retired from the demon slaying life but always return if Buffy needs them.

Oz and Nina are married. They live in Portland where she owns a little shop which sells her own ceramics. Oz is a session musician. He has taught her how to control her inner wolf come the full moon, though some months they don't bother and just let the fur fly.

Dawn left the slayer world behind to go to college and lived a normal life for a good long time. She went to Harvard and got a doctorate in international relations and started working for the diplomatic service. But it was at work where she met a young man by the name of Connor Reilly and they started to date, keeping many secrets from each other, until a random vampire attack and then the truth came out on both sides. When she turned 24 - after ten years on earth - she was dismayed to start developing powers, the key part of her was growing stronger. She can teleport and open gateways to different places, if she focuses her energy she can use it to kill things, the way it killed Buffy - but that takes a lot out of her and is only ever used as a last resort. As Connor was already a superhero living a normal life, she decided to be one too and stayed true to her career path. They are currently stationed in ... Kuala Lumpur, working for the American Embassy. They have two boys. Buffy is a doting Aunt and Angel is a delighted grandfather ... though they tend not to visit at the same time as it is all too majorly weird.

It was Spike who shanshued - eventually. Angel having signed away his right to it. It was a hard transition for them both; Angel realising he would be a vampire forever and Spike having to get used to not having superpowers any more. He stayed with the AI team for a while, and Gunn mentored him in demon hunting without the super strength.

Buffy was never told that Spike was alive after Chosen, never mind that he had shanshued.

In December, Buffy went to Kuala Lumpur to spend Christmas with Dawn (Dawn opened up a gateway to walk her through, other wise she would have been subject to the same lockdown rules as all of us). There was an unexpected apocalypse situation ( a real one - not a plague). They called in Vi and Xander to help out (Connor wanted to call Angel, but Buffy vetoed the idea) and together they started to work the problem.
But what they didn't know was that the threat was an old enemy of Illyria's and the team were already all over it. Cordelia had magicked them to Malaysia and they were already thwarting the apocalypse.
So both teams were doing their thing, there were a few near misses but they never quite managed to bump into each other - and on new years eve, at the stroke of midnight the demon was defeated, the threat was vanquished, the world was saved - and Dawn/ Connor and Xander/ Vi were swept up in their new year midnight kisses and Buffy was all alone. So being Buffy, she went off somewhere to mope for a few hours.
Meanwhile the AI team were packing up to leave.
Spike went back to the scene of the fight to retrieve his sword, just as the sun was beginning to rise.
Buffy was there - all alone - she heard a noise behind her and turned to look.
Just as Spike walked out into the sunshine...
It was just like the end of OMWF with the rising music and the rising ... music.

As far as I am aware, they have not yet emerged from their hotel room.
Oh man, this is good! Someone should hire you to help write one epic reunion season.

Faded90

Potential
I once read a fanfiction somewhere that had Illyria, Spike and Gunn died in the battle in the alley. Angel survives and is Shanshued but he’s actually mortally wounded. He watches the sunrise and dies bathed in light, happy he’s achieved his redemption

I thought even though it’s bittersweet it’s kind of beautiful

sweetiepie

Townie
Now I admit I don’t view the comics in my canon so mine completely dismiss them 😂 mostly because I actually want to still like the characters ..... mostly! 😉 so where do you see each character or the general plot

In general I see a ‘slayer organisation’ still but a lot more low key than the comics depict it, more boarding school than units around the world. They work around the world but using witches to teleport etc. I don’t see there being thousands of slayers either, maybes a hundred, tops. They kick ass of course and are cool AF

Angel, Spike and Gunn went down swinging in the alley. Illyria survived though

Buffy and Faith bonded over losing Angel and Spike and it makes their friendship solid then..... They are now blissfully happy together. I will die on the hill with this one 😉

Willow and Kennedy broke up fairly quickly post Chosen as Willow wanted to work on herself and nurturing the control of her powers however she’s very happy and ready to fall in love again, she realises it really is ok to give her heart to someone again. Another comic bash here but I hate how every time Willow gets with someone they feel the need to say ‘don’t worry she still loves Tara best!’

Xander and Dawn absolutely do not EVER get together. There’s a meta conversation one day where someone suggests it may happen and they laugh at the ridiculousness of it

Giles stopped being a douchebag and apologised for being a douchebag

Anyone got anything?
In my headcannonn Warren succesfully escaped Dark Willow without getting flayed.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
The world was waiting for a crudely drawn picture of Warren to date a crudely draw picture of this year’s characterization of Amy! Let the past die!

Top Bottom