• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Your ‘headcanon’ for the characters now

sweetiepie

Townie
Did Warren still die in your headcanon?

If not, who does the First appear to Andrew as if not Warren?

No. He did not die in my headcannon. After he succesfully escaped Dark Willow, he moved away from Sunnydale, met a nice girlfriend, got married and become a dad. I'm joking!!!!!😂 More seriously, after he left Sunnydale, he decided to form his own gang but got rejected. And still a nerd. He became better at fighting, more intelligent but still a human villain with no special powers, still despising women although not as Caleb. His cheeky attitude remaining, outgoing and confident like in season 6. However encountering a character development without giving him a tragic background or making him an anti hero or anti villain. No, he would remain a realistic sociopathic remorseless villain but at the at the same time keeping him lame and being looked down by the underworld.

So do you love my headcannon?

sweetiepie

Townie
The world was waiting for a crudely drawn picture of Warren to date a crudely draw picture of this year’s characterization of Amy! Let the past die!
How not to love their relationship?😍

When I learnt that he would returned skinless in the comics I was kind of shocked. Then I was happy. At least he was coming back! When I learnt that he got a girlfriend I was so glad. This is so cool!!!!!!

thrasherpix

Scooby
No. He did not die in my headcannon. After he succesfully escaped Dark Willow, he moved away from Sunnydale, met a nice girlfriend, got married and become a dad. I'm joking!!!!!😂 More seriously, after he left Sunnydale, he decided to form his own gang but got rejected. And still a nerd. He became better at fighting, more intelligent but still a human villain with no special powers, still despising women although not as Caleb. His cheeky attitude remaining, outgoing and confident like in season 6. However encountering a character development without giving him a tragic background or making him an anti hero or anti villain. No, he would remain a realistic sociopathic remorseless villain but at the at the same time keeping him lame and being looked down by the underworld.

So do you love my headcannon?
Just curious what it was, and if possible, WHY you chose such headcanon. I'm neutral to it.

And you didn't say who the First Evil imitated in season 7. I assume you saw season 7 where the First Evil took the form of Warren, which meant Warren died (he did not have to be dead, but he did have to die), and with this form manipulated Andrew.

Who would the First Evil appear to Andrew as if not Warren? Or did season 7 just not happen for you?

('Course one would wonder if Andrew knew Warren was alive as he'd try to track him down, but this could still take him through Sunnydale.)

And generally speaking I see headcanon for filling in plot holes and describing what happens off screen (including motivations that may not be clear or things that happen which don't have an explanation, at least not a satisfactory one, for them). But something as radically different as yours can be used to make interesting fanfic if that appeals to you.

sweetiepie

Townie
Just curious what it was, and if possible, WHY you chose such headcanon. I'm neutral to it.

And you didn't say who the First Evil imitated in season 7. I assume you saw season 7 where the First Evil took the form of Warren, which meant Warren died (he did not have to be dead, but he did have to die), and with this form manipulated Andrew.

Who would the First Evil appear to Andrew as if not Warren? Or did season 7 just not happen for you?

('Course one would wonder if Andrew knew Warren was alive as he'd try to track him down, but this could still take him through Sunnydale.)

And generally speaking I see headcanon for filling in plot holes and describing what happens off screen (including motivations that may not be clear or things that happen which don't have an explanation, at least not a satisfactory one, for them). But something as radically different as yours can be used to make interesting fanfic if that appeals to you.
Because Warren is incredibly outstanding, that's why I chose this headcannon. Who appear to Andrew? Anyone? Whomever it was for a reason. Any reason. Andrew wouldn't know Warren was alive because the latter wouldn't let anyone know.

Is a headcannon like a a fanfic?

Is mine a headcannon?

Thanks for saying this headcannon could be an interesting fanfic : D

Last edited:

thrasherpix

Scooby
Because Warren is incredibly outstanding, that's why I chose this headcannon. Who appear to Andrew? Anyone? Whomever it was. Andrew wouldn't know Warren was alive because the latter wouldn't let anyone know.

Is a headcannon like a a fanfic?
I see. You haven't seen season 7 and thus don't know what I'm talking about.

As for the difference between headcanon and fanfic...there is a scene in Angel where Cordelia has a talk with her own reflection in the mirror, as in her reflection is talking back. My headcanon is that this is Jasmine (someone manipulating her from another dimension) who is trying to force her to make a sacrifice so that she can ascend, because if Cordelia doesn't make it now then she won't go, not with Angel disappearing (which she does not yet know has happened, and because of this manipulation by Jasmine she doesn't find out before she ascends, Jasmine also preventing Cordelia from having a vision of what's happening to Angel right then). This headcanon explains to me who Cordelia was actually talking to, and why it suddenly manifested when it did. But it is not fanfic. (Nor does it contradict the actual canon.)

Fanfic (that is, Fan Fiction, which is written by fans which may or may not go along with the canon) could use this by continuing the conversation, or alternately it never takes place. More likely, fanfic that wanted to play with the canon would have the First Evil send its own hallucinations to her to prevent her from ascending (by now Buffy has been resurrected so the First Evil would be at work to secure its claim), and might ironically be more truthful to Cordelia than Jasmine, which creates a very awkward situation for all involved, and an interesting story for many to read. This wouldn't be so much headcanon as AU (Alternate Universe) fanfic.

Canon means what is established. For example, it is canon that Warren died, and thus the First Evil was able to take his form. Technically it's canon that Amy was able to bring him back (so Warren was dead "just long enough" for the First Evil to use him, but at first even Joss forgot Warren died).

Headcanon, especially for those that accept season 8 (comic) canon, would be that Amy only pretended to be far less powerful than she was, and was under orders by the First Evil to torment Willow in minor ways to help make her Dark Willow again (presumably at the same time the First Evil planned to "trigger" Spike), but Amy was too scared of both sides, or perhaps Amy was too intent on controlling the First Evil (and dealing with a super powerful Amy that can save Warren could help explain why the First Evil was not able to devote its full attentions on Buffy as its attention was needed elsewhere, and Caleb couldn't catch Amy because Amy kept teleporting).

This headcanon would become fanfiction if someone wrote a story on this battle and mutual treachery between Amy and the First Evil.

sweetiepie

Townie
I see. You haven't seen season 7 and thus don't know what I'm talking about.

As for the difference between headcanon and fanfic...there is a scene in Angel where Cordelia has a talk with her own reflection in the mirror, as in her reflection is talking back. My headcanon is that this is Jasmine (someone manipulating her from another dimension) who is trying to force her to make a sacrifice so that she can ascend, because if Cordelia doesn't make it now then she won't go, not with Angel disappearing (which she does not yet know has happened, and because of this manipulation by Jasmine she doesn't find out before she ascends, Jasmine also preventing Cordelia from having a vision of what's happening to Angel right then). This headcanon explains to me who Cordelia was actually talking to, and why it suddenly manifested when it did. But it is not fanfic. (Nor does it contradict the actual canon.)

Fanfic (that is, Fan Fiction, which is written by fans which may or may not go along with the canon) could use this by continuing the conversation, or alternately it never takes place. More likely, fanfic that wanted to play with the canon would have the First Evil send its own hallucinations to her to prevent her from ascending (by now Buffy has been resurrected so the First Evil would be at work to secure its claim), and might ironically be more truthful to Cordelia than Jasmine, which creates a very awkward situation for all involved, and an interesting story for many to read. This wouldn't be so much headcanon as AU (Alternate Universe) fanfic.

Canon means what is established. For example, it is canon that Warren died, and thus the First Evil was able to take his form. Technically it's canon that Amy was able to bring him back (so Warren was dead "just long enough" for the First Evil to use him, but at first even Joss forgot Warren died).

Headcanon, especially for those that accept season 8 (comic) canon, would be that Amy only pretended to be far less powerful than she was, and was under orders by the First Evil to torment Willow in minor ways to help make her Dark Willow again (presumably at the same time the First Evil planned to "trigger" Spike), but Amy was too scared of both sides, or perhaps Amy was too intent on controlling the First Evil (and dealing with a super powerful Amy that can save Warren could help explain why the First Evil was not able to devote its full attentions on Buffy as its attention was needed elsewhere, and Caleb couldn't catch Amy because Amy kept teleporting).

This headcanon would become fanfiction if someone wrote a story on this battle and mutual treachery between Amy and the First Evil.
I have watched season 7. Your headcannon about Amy is cool. I don't know about Jasmine because I have never watched Angel. I can choose the headcannon that Empty Places happened because the Scoobies were being manipulated by the hellmouth.

Top Bottom