• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Your ideas for an alternate 100th episode

slayer730

Potential
The 100th episode is always a milestone for television shows and Angel's ranks pretty high for me in the show. With that being said they supposedly also threw around the idea that Buffy was supposed to come back but couldn't due to scheduling conflicts and this got me thinking. Do you guys have your own personal ideas fr a different 100th episode and if so what would be the gimmick to celebrate the milestone?

Btvs fan

Scooby
The 100th episode is always a milestone for television shows and Angel's ranks pretty high for me in the show. With that being said they supposedly also threw around the idea that Buffy was supposed to come back but couldn't due to scheduling conflicts and this got me thinking. Do you guys have your own personal ideas fr a different 100th episode and if so what would be the gimmick to celebrate the milestone?
In a way I'm kind of glad it didn't happen. We would've got some pointless Triangle crap which would've been left deliberately ambiguous with Buffy ending up with neither but hinting she might, to appease both groups of fans. It would've been boring imo

Cordy was a huge part of the show and needed closure and not just left in a coma

FaithLehane16

"Five by Five."
Sarah and Eliza were more appropriate for the 100th episode. They didn't have any conflicts with any of the writers, and it would've made sense with what was going on in Season 5.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
The 100th episode was, IMO, perfect. It put Angel back on his true path, brought back Lindsey as an antagonist which created a parallel to the Pilot episode where he was the first W&H associate Angel tangled with, and gave a character who had been with the show since its first episode the closure and send off she deserved.

Having Buffy appear in the 100th episode wouldn't have made sense, especially in light of the events of Damage. It would have felt like fan-pandering and wouldn't have been organic to Angel's journey and arc in Season 5. And I say this as a Bangel fan who is constantly yearning for more Bangel interactions.

WillowFromBuffy

Buffering...
Angel had become the only original character left. The episode brings back Cordelia, Doyle (on video) and Lindsay has of course been there a while. It was a look back to a very different time for the show. And something needed to be done to restore the damage done to Cordelia's character.

I think it would be very cool to have Buffy and Faith lead a slayer army to meet the demons at the very end of NFA. Or to have an epilogue scene where the Scoobies arrive in L.A. looking for survivors finding no-one but a fuming Illyria covered in demon goo.

white avenger

white avenger
Buffy coming back almost certainly would have stirred up the Spike/Buffy/Angel topic even more than it was already, with no possible conclusion, and for no real reason. Sarah obviously wouldn't come on as a regular, and neither James nor David would have been able to leave with her to enjoy a happy life somewhere else.

The only way that I could see it working out well would be if Buffy came back to LA with her new boyfriend, the Immortal, who turned out to be Duncan Macleod, from the "Highlander" series. That would have been a cool twist.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
It's only a milestone because 100 episodes is the optimal number for syndication, 100 episodes being enough for twenty weeks of reruns. From a business standpoint, winter sweeps was the bigger deal, 100 episodes was just the marketing gimmick, and a nostalgia laden episode with two returning characters was good enough. I mean, you still have two and a half seasons of this show to go, Sarah clearly wasn't interested in a week of 10 hour days that year, and Cordelia was the only loose end that was to play no major part in the finale, which was the key purpose of February sweeps for ME shows, to introduce the scenario that would be resolved in May.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I would've loved to see Buffy come back for the 100th episode. Buffy was the person who originally set Angel on his path. She was his first mission. It would've felt like coming full circle for Angel's story. I'm sure Joss would've expertly navigated the spuffy issue such that it would've been respected but not the main plot point.

However I am one of those rare birds that is not a fan of YW.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
I would've loved to see Buffy come back for the 100th episode. Buffy was the person who originally set Angel on his path. She was his first mission. It would've felt like coming full circle for Angel's story.
I hate to disagree with a fellow Bangel but while, yes, Buffy put Angel on his path on BtV, on AtS it was Doyle and Cordelia who set Angel on his path, which is why it's more organic to his story on his show for those two to appear in the 100th episode. Doyle was the one who helped Angel reconnect with humanity and Cordelia was the one who helped to channel his mission into something with focus and profit (and later on she became his new link to TBTB).

I know I'm repeating myself, but I just don't feel that having Buffy appear would have been organic. She and Angel weren't in contact at that point and she had recently double-crossed him by snatching Dana out from under his nose. As much as I'm always down for Bangel reunions, Buffy appearing in You're Welcome would have been fan-pandering.

Cordelia needed to come back not only to give her character closure, but as Angel's final link to TPTB to set him back on his path with that final vision. Buffy couldn't have provided that and it wouldn't have felt right for AtS as a series to have a character who was barely in the series to be the one to set Angel back on his path. Cordy had been with him from the beginning of his show, it was more fitting for her to come back to help him one last time.

Ceadsearc03

Potential
I would have liked Buffy to come back. That’s the Bangel shipper in me speaking. I think they could have done it in a non-awkward way.

That said, barring that, I would have liked to see Doyle. Due to circumstances I know that wasn’t possible.

I’m not a big YW fan but I did think Cordy made sense, but mostly because they just massively screwed up her character prior and that was a chance to “fix” it.

DagonSphere

Potential
Eh, the 100th episode was great, I don't think Sarah or Eliza were needed for that episode, because it really was a celebration of the series ANGEL and not of its roots in Buffy. Sarah and Eliza could have returned for other episodes, but not this one. It was so important for us fans to get some closure on the Cordelia character; I think it did undo a lot of harm that was done to the character in season four. The things about the 100th episode that I love the most are Cordelia's return and goodbye, the usage of the video of Doyle (RIP Glenn) and the use of the Angel theme by Christophe Beck when Angel beats up Lindsey.

The only thing I maybe would have changed is the main story with Lindsey, as there wasn't much to it, the stakes should have been a little higher, it remains somewhat abstract with that weird little room that makes the headquarters of W&H explode. I think it would also have been cool if they had done a two-parter episode so that Charisma could have gotten a few more moments with the rest of the cast as well.

Top Bottom