• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Your Top Tens #4

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Okay, so I've recently discovered something interesting about myself; I rarely favor the main character of a TV show. That includes ensemble cast with a title character, like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, New Girl, Frasier, and so on. So, that inspired me to do this :)

Top Ten Favorite Main Characters in TV
  • Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
  • Rick Grimes (The Walking Dead)
  • Al Bundy (Married...with Children)
  • Fran Fine (The Nanny)
  • Phoebe Halliwell (Charmed)
  • Will Smith (Fresh Prince of Bel-Air)
  • Sabrina Spellman (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch)
  • Gregory House (House)
  • Jessica Jones (Jessica Jones)
  • David Addison (Moonlighting)
My god, this was difficult! I also stayed away from ensemble casts such as Friends, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory and so on, because they don't really have a main character.

Taake
Taake
I'm upset at the inclusion of Phoebe Halliwell :P That number 1 though <3

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Top Ten Fast Food Places:

• Rally's
  • McDonald's
  • KFC
  • Panda Express
  • Campo's
  • Jack in the Box
  • IN 'N OUT
  • Taco Bell
  • Del Taco
  • Chick-fil-A

BaskingINBangel
BaskingINBangel
I had to google Rally's. I'll have to find one and give it a try next time im in Cali.
BuffyBot22
BuffyBot22
Ah yes, the always delicious Taco Bell

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Top Ten Ryan Reynolds Roles
  1. Wade/Deadpool (Deadpool)
  2. Michael 'Berg' Bergen (Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place)
  3. Jerry (The Voices)
  4. Monty (Waiting...)
  5. Michael Bryce (The Hitman's Bodyguard)
  6. Andrew Paxton (The Proposal)
  7. Hannibal King (Blade: Trinity)
  8. Will Hayes (Definitely, Maybe)
  9. Van Wilder (Van Wilder)
  10. Chris Brander (Just Friends)

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Top Ten REM songs...

1)
Orange Crush
2)
What's the Frequency Kenneth?
3)
Man on the Moon
4)
Losing My Religion
5)
Stand
6)
The One I Love
7)
It's the End of the World as We Know It (and I Feel Fine)
8)
Texarkana
9)
Drive
10)
Shiny Happy People

BaskingINBangel

"Peanut butter, preferably crunchy!"
Top Ten Retro Tv Shows...

1. The Twilight Zone
2. I Dream of Jeannie
3. Bewitched
4. Dragnet
5. Bonanza
6. The Outer Limits
7. Death Valley Days
8. Adam 12
9. Rowan & Martin's Laugh In
10. Leave it to Beaver

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Top Ten Favorite Movie Villains
  1. Darth Vader (Star Wars franchise)
  2. Thanos (Marvel franchise)
  3. John Doe (Se7en)
  4. Keyser Soze (The Usual Suspects)
  5. Hans Gruber (Die Hard)
  6. Hans Landa (Inglorious Basterds)
  7. Freddy Krueger (Nightmare on Elm Street franchise)
  8. Biff Tannen (Back to the Future franchise)
  9. Joker (The Dark Knight)
  10. Elle Driver (Kill Bill)
It's just off the top of my head, so don't attack me :p

fauxindigo

Scooby
Top 10 areas of NYC
  1. Silver Beach Gardens, Bronx (grew up there)
  2. West Village / West 4th, Manhattan (after Silver Beach, this is my absolute favorite NYC neighborhood)
  3. Bronx Botanical Gardens (oasis in the winter)
  4. Kew Gardens, Queens (lived there during/after college)
  5. Central Park (all of it)
  6. The Metropolitan Museum of Art (I want to hide inside of it and live there)
  7. Chelsea Market/ Fashion Institute (tied) - lived in F.I.T. dorms & I have such fun memories
  8. Soho for Shopping (Broadway, Houston & Lafayette Streets)
  9. Katz Deli, East Houston St. - the pastrami is to die for
  10. South Street Seaport, Manhattan - sweet sweet spot

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Top Ten Favorite Main Characters in TV
Stealing this, because I'm very similar, I tend to fall for secondary characters as opposed to mains. So ...
  1. Prue Halliwell (Charmed)
  2. Angel (AtS)
  3. Klaus Mikaelson (The Originals)
  4. Don Draper (Mad Men)
  5. Clarke Griffin (The 100)
  6. Alice Liddell (Once Upon A Time In Wonderland)
  7. Ryan Atwood (The O.C.)
  8. Melinda Gordan (Ghost Whisperer)
  9. Clark Kent (Smallville)
  10. Tru Davies (Tru Calling)

Puppet
Puppet
Does this mean Castiel is your favorite? Cause I'm just wondering why there's no SPN on this list :P

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Kinda in the mood to figure out my favorite Spuffy fanfics in different categories, so be prepared for my next many posts (or ignore me, if you must) :p

Top Ten Spuffy Fanfics - Season One

10. Port in a Storm by DauntlessGrace - Complete

A young Buffy ends up getting lost in LA and is almost raped. A certain blond vampire ends up coming to her rescue, but can't bring himself to feed off of her. He ends up driving her home and takes off into the night. Buffy is called as the slayer not long after that, and both of them get quite the shock when he shows up in Sunnydale looking for a cure for Drusilla.
Okay, so it's more S2 (with some pre-series prologue) than S1, but I found it under this category, so whatever *shrugs*. This is last because it's not as memorable as the others, but it's by an author who has written a lot of my favorite stories and makes some gorgeous banners. I also remember really loving the beginning stages of the story.

9. A Twisted Welcome by Oracleholly - O/S
My twisted take on "Welcome to the Hellmouth." Buffy is not as "retired" as she claims to her Watcher and has a spy of her own.
Very heavily Spuffy, not for any non-shippers (or other shippers) wanting to check out this pairing through fanfic. I quite enjoy it, though, especially as a short little fun jaunt through an alternate universe.

8. Second Chance by Jackofspikes - Complete-ish
After Angel and his team lose the battle in the Alley, everyone dies, and the Powers offer Buffy a chance to go back and fix it all. There's a prophecy involved, and Buffy is not the only one to go back. She is sent back to when The Master 'killed' her the first time, but in this story, her return to her old body happens before the body dies. There will be No Kendra in this fic, minor character death, and Spike/Other temporarily.
Definitely not for Angel fans as this is from back when I enjoyed reading him being bashed (I'm not still like that, no worries!) and as this was written as a gift for another author, it's tailored to certain Spufflings. It's not the best written in the world, but it's got fun characterization, a great ensemble and, of course, time travel, which is my favorite genre of Buffyverse fanfiction :D

7. A breath is but a soundless whisper - Complete
What if Spike were the one to find Buffy in the water in 'Prophecy Girl'?
Haven't read this in ages but I'm pretty confident of my choice and ranking :)

6. The Littlest Summers by Wonder and Ashes - O/S
In which Dawn arrives in season 1, and instead becomes a weird but intelligent ten-year-old who thinks Spike is the best thing since sliced bread.
Surprisingly full for what's supposed to be a one/show, but W&A is good at packing a lot into a little space.

5. About a Girl by CupcakeCute - WIP
When the Watchers' Council intervenes in her life, Buffy finds herself living on Cleveland's Hellmouth. Slaying vampires, rebelling against her controlling Watcher, and clinging desperately to any semblance of a normal life keeps her going until she finds what she needs in the last place she would have expected.
This is the author's interpretation of Wishverse!Buffy and how she came to be that hard girl we saw in canon. It is also runner-up for best angst, best WIP, and winner of best alternate universe in an annual Buffyverse fanfic awards. I'm not a fan of WIP's, but this one was worth it.

4. Once All Is Lost, It Can Again Be Found by gothling14 - WIP
What if there was more to the Shanshu than what Angel found? What if it not only was about a vampire with a soul, but was also about time travel and a slayer? What if the Council of watchers knew more than anyone could ever have thought? Well let’s see what happens.
This is only 5 chapters and has been in-complete for years but it is really well-written and introduces such a fascinating concept. If it's ever continued, however, I cannot stress this enough; Angel fans stay away! He is blamed for pretty much everything that went wrong in this one and clearly the author wasn't a big fan when they wrote this. I can get around that, though, because it's such an important part of the story that he be at fault, so it doesn't feel like bashing (though it probably is, lol).

3. Replacement by sus - Complete
After years of struggling for a life of her own, the immortal Slayer is finally free from the demands of her friends and the Council. Will she be willing to go back in time and do it all over again, just for the chance to be with the vampire that was always meant to be her other half? An enemy from the future will give her the chance if she wants it.
More time travel! This is one of my few favorites that come without a strong ensemble cast but it's well-written and the Spuffy is one of the best I've seen in fanfic, so I forebear! It also has Angel, Willow, and Xander as the 'bad guys' that won't accept this older Buffy and her relationship with Spike. Again, haven't read it in a while, but I remember feeling that the characterization for those three wasn't that OOC, considering how they'd feel about this in S1/S2 canonically :p

2. Welcome to the Hellmouth! Part Deux by OffYourBird - Complete
It's been 20 years since the Hellmouth closed, and Buffy has realized that awakening the Potentials has had a vicious side effect. Or rather, several. Left with the choice to either lead or follow as the current present gets erased, Buffy risks everything to go back to the Hellmouth... and back to the one being she thought she'd never see again.
A response to a challenge back when the 20th anniversary went down (and one of two great answering stories to it) that I tend to re-read every now and then - pretty sure I've read it either 3 or 4 times already! Don't remember there being any real bashing, but Buffy is very determined to get Spike back while still fixing the mistakes of her past, so maybe I just don't see fully passed that :p

1. Change Partners and Dance by dreamweaver - Complete
What if when Buffy first arrived in Sunnydale, instead of a souled Angel meaning to help her, she was faced with a soulless Spike, looking to cause trouble and kill his third Slayer? -
Runner Up for Best Romance and Best Author at the Sunnydale Memorial Fanfiction Awards! Nominated for Best Long, Best Romance and Best Spike Characterization at both the Spuffy Awards and the Rogue Poet Awards, and for Best Sex, Best Plot, Best Alternate Reality and Best Spike Characterization at the Spark and Burn Awards!
One of my favorite of the older authors and most of their stories could have ended up in any of my Top Tens (and probably will in the future) but this one might be my very favorite of hers, overall. The slow burn of S1-innocent Buffy and very evil Spike is so well-written and so believable as they slowly find common ground and fall in love. It also doesn't come at the expense of any character bashing (though some Angel fans may argue depending on how they see him). I would recommend this every day :)

RachM
RachM
Re: SPN, Sam is actually my fave but I always thought Dean was supposed to be the protagonist/main, hence why I didn't list Sam as one of my choices.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
@RachM you do know that Jared is first on the call-list, right? Honestly, I just consider them both the mains, with it fluctuating through different seasons. For example, Jared is first on the call-list because S1 was all about Sam's journey but then, in S4, it was equally about them, but then in S10 is was all about Dean and the MOC and so on.

nightshade
nightshade
I thought that was just alphabetical!

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
@RachM you do know that Jared is first on the call-list, right? Honestly, I just consider them both the mains, with it fluctuating through different seasons. For example, Jared is first on the call-list because S1 was all about Sam's journey but then, in S4, it was equally about them, but then in S10 is was all about Dean and the MOC and so on.
Okay, calm down, I didn't know that! :p I just always felt, watching the show in the early seasons, that the focus and bias was very much on Dean's side and that he seemed more the protagonist than Sam.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Top Ten Characters Who Stole A Film:

• Marius: Queen of the Damned
  • Johnny Storm: Fantastic 4 (2005)
  • Dark Phoenix: X-Men 3
  • Riff Raff: Rocky Horror Picture Show
  • Otto: A Fish Called Wanda
  • Igor: Young Frankenstein
  • Selene: Underworld
  • Dracula: Van Helsing
  • Venkman: Ghostbusters
  • Dorian Gray: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Puppet
Puppet
For me, Ken steals all of Wanda, love Michael Palin!
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
a couple of these (xmen 3 & Underworld) are the main characters. So how are they 'stealing' the film?
also I would say that Viktor stole Underworld

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Top Ten Cliffhangers in SPN Season Finales
  1. Dean Goes to Hell (S3 - No Rest for the Wicked)
  2. Deanmon (S9 - Do You Believe in Miracles?)
  3. Character Death Galore (S12 - All Along the Watchtower)
  4. Baby Meets Truck (S1 - Devil's Trap)
  5. Castiel Becomes God (S6 - The Man Who Knew Too Much)
  6. Dean (and Cass) Stuck in Purgatory (S7 - Survival of the Fittest)
  7. Lucifer Cometh (S4 - Lucifer Rising)
  8. The Angels Are Falling (S8 - Sacrifice)
  9. Mary Winchester Returns (S11 - Alpha and Omega)
  10. Michael Steals Dean (S13 - Let the Good Times Roll)

fauxindigo
fauxindigo
Can you tell me what episode or season it is of SPN when there is this creepy brunette lady preaching and lying to a church congregation? And she turns out to be a demon or something?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Top Ten Actors Who've Portrayed Lucifer:

• Viggo Mortensen
  • Tom Ellis
  • Al Pacino
  • Mark Pellegrino
  • Tim Curry
  • Jack Nicholson
  • Max von Sydow
  • Gabriel Byrne
  • Dave Grohl
  • Tom Waits

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Top Ten Spuffy Fanfics - Season Two

Se2en by Puppet (yes, me :)) - WIP
Buffy is having strange dreams. Willow feels off. Xander knows his friends thinks he's useless. Angel feels out of place. Giles is...well, Giles. And that's only the beginning. Something is brewing in the Hellmouth... and be very careful not to get caught in the crossfire. S2 non-canon. Nominated for Best WIP.

9. Dreams and Desotos by Bloodshedbaby - Complete
An alternate end to Becoming where Spike and Buffy leave Sunnydale together and wind up in a small New England town where nobody knows their secret identities. But the past has a way of finding them when they least expect it.

8. Prodigal by coalitiongirl - Complete
After killing Angel, Buffy ran away and never returned. Now, over three years later, the next Slayer has been killed by Glory, and Buffy is needed again. But she returns to find that Sunnydale doesn’t want her- especially not the witch gone off the deep end and the newly resurrected Slayer whose boytoy is the only one who seems happy to see her…

7. The Butterfly Effect by cousinjean - Complete
Five months after the events of Chosen, a still-grieving Buffy must follow a time-traveling demon back to 1997 (circa Season 2) Sunnydale to prevent him from destroying the timeline--and try not to destroy it herself in the process.

6. Dancing in the Moonlight by Holly - Complete
A prophecy unfolds just as a new Slayer arrives in Sunnydale. A cocky, British, platinum blond Slayer with a devilish smile and a body to die for. And Buffy doesn’t know what surprises her more—the fact that he’s male, or the animal attraction that festers between them almost from the beginning.

5. Cursed by Sunalso - Complete
S2 AU. Following the vampire attack on Sunnydale High in School Hard, Buffy and Drusilla find themselves switching bodies every night between sunset and sunrise. Who do you become when you walk far more than a mile in your enemy's shoes?

4. The Worst of Humanity by jhiz - WIP
The Codex read that if the Slayer went to face the Master that she would die. Nothing ever said that the Master would be the cause. Death is the starting point for this tale of divergent destiny and godly gifts. Although the tale begins at the end of Season One, it scuttles sideways and provides a divergent Season Two.

3. Dreamscape by Holly - Complete
While her nights are occupied fighting evil, her dreams are haunted by a devastatingly sexy if not totally evil vampire. But how thin is the line between dreams and reality? More importantly: how thin does she want it to be?

2. Prologue to Life/I Know You by slaymesoftly - Complete (part of a series)
The Prologue was a stand alone that became the prologue for a longer fic to meet a challenge at the Bloodshedverse. This takes place immediately after the collapse of Sunnydale; the rest of the rather long story takes place mostly in Sunnydale and begins in Season II. There will be brief glances into a post-Chosen world in which Buffy never moves to Rome or dates the Immortal.

1. Wild and Wonderful by solstice - Complete (Spuffy-light)
Dawn is nine and three quarters. She is resilient, strange and sharp as a tack. She's a credit to her big sis. But she's just been kidnapped by one of the most notorious vamps of all time - Drusilla. Things look bad.
Enter Spike, her very unlikely hero.
Spike's relationship with Drusilla has been on the rocks since the Acathala debacle and the morsel in the crate is her double-edged gift to him: a chance to make things right, and a chance to be really bad. Kill the girl and make it hurt. But for some reason he. just. can't.
Instead, he tosses the niblet into the trunk of his Desoto and hits the road, leaving his one hundred year relationship in tatters, and grinding his reputation into the dust.
Buckle your seat belts nice and tight. We're in for a bumpy ride.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
A couple of these (xmen 3 & Underworld) are the main characters. So how are they 'stealing' the film?
also I would say that Viktor stole Underworld
It doesn't matter if they're a "main character" or not. 😅 Whether it's a minor character, a flying rabbit, or a dancing moose, if the part is acted well enough, anyone can steal a film.

You're welcome.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
*steals Bunny Slippers thunder*

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Top Ten Spuffy Fanfics - Season Three

Conquering Hell by SpindleKitten - WIP
Buffy didn't leave the hell dimension after rescuing Lily. She stayed until every last slave was free.

9. Beloved in Blood by Holly - Complete
Lover's Walk. Spike returns to Sunnydale to kill the Slayer. He’s just too drunk to do it properly and ends up getting himself into the deep without even realizing it. Perhaps worst of all, he has no memory of his actions the next day.

8. Captivated by NautiBitz - Complete
Before 'Lover's Walk' is over, Spike and Buffy get drunk, pass out, and wake up in a curious predicament. Who's to blame? Trick, the Mayor, hairy demons, Jack Daniels? Who cares? They're naked!

7. Anne by Erics Valkyrie - Complete
Set at the start of the 3rd season. What if Dru had left Spike earlier and he ran into a certain waitress while searching in L.A.?

6. Living Conditions by sweetprincipale - Complete
Set in early S. 3 with a few changes: Buffy is still working in LA, she never had the run-in with Lily that made her decide to go back to Sunnydale, and Spike's come back to California already. Both of them are living completely separate, unrelated lives until fate and its sick sense of humor throw them together.

5. Out of the Ashes by Revello_1620 - Complete (but technically not, as it was ended with a sequel in mind that was never written)
What if it wasn't Angel who left S3? Feeling lost Buffy heads off to find who she is without Angel and her Sunnydale friends and Spike just happens to be on the same personal journey.

4. Down the Road I Go by megan_tam_fics - Complete
A Slayer. A vampire. A 1959 DeSoto. Spike kidnaps Buffy and heads back to Brazil in a misguided attempt to appease Drusilla. What starts out as revenge turns into an experience neither will forget. If they don't kill each other first.

3. I Know You, II by slaymesoftly - Complete
A sequel to another fic that took Post Chosen/NFA in a very different direction, almost all of which took place in an alternate Season II; this fic follows the Season II Buffy and Spike into the dimension to which the Powers sent them when they put “our” Spike and Buffy into the Season II world/dimension. (Confused yet? LOL) There will be appearances by the original Spike and Buffy, as well as Dawn and others, but the primary emphasis will be on the Spike and Buffy who were removed from their own world and their adventures in the one in which they have found themselves. Naturally, there will be a growing relationship between the two strangers when they find themselves thrown together.

2. Avocation by Enigmaticblue - Complete (with a complete sequel set in S4)
The gypsies cursed the wrong vampire, and by the time they rectify their mistake, Spike has been fundamentally altered. Now, the Slayer needs help stopping the apocalypse, and there's only one man for the job. Of course, he's not real interested in taking it.

1. Otherwise by Sigyn - Complete
The Slayer Buffy Summers drowned at the hellmouth two years ago. The vampire Spike was dusted in Prague. So what are they both doing here?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Top Ten Shagable Actors:
💋💋💋💋💋

• Marion Cotillard
  • Sebastian Stan
  • James McAvoy
  • India Eisley
  • Alexander Skarsgård
  • Michael Fassbinder
  • Ray Stevenson
  • Kevin McKidd
  • Scarlett Johansson
  • Kat Dennings

Last edited:

BaskingINBangel

"Peanut butter, preferably crunchy!"
Top Ten Favorite Buffyverse Characters

1. Buffy
2. Angel
3. Illyria
4. Fred
5. Wesley
6. Anya
7. Lorne
8. Darla
9. Lilah
10. Doyle

Honorable mentions who just barely missed my top ten list.....

Faith
Drusilla
Spike
Gunn

Top Bottom