• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

YouTube Buffy Recap/Reviews by ME!

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
Hey y'all, in a bit of shameless self-promotion I wanted to let you all know that I have finally started filming myself talking about Buffy and uploading them to YouTube.

I'll be doing an episode each week plus other Buffy related fun stuff like Buffy's wardrobe and the characters star signs.

Keep watching cause in a couple of weeks the quality will get much better cause my lighting kit will arrive! Woooo.

Caitlin Bloody Mary

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
I've subscribed too! And have to agree you are cute!

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
Great job! Your excitement is contagious, and you have a comfortable voice. I love how you bring up the context of the girl power/riot girl culture of the 90s. I am often quite saddened that Britney did not play the original Buffy-Bot, seeing the complicated relationship between Buffy and Britney and her pop star peers.

caitaintdead
caitaintdead
Thanks!!!

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
Thanks so much guys! By this time next week I'll have a much better setup so the quality of the videos should be on point very soon. Also, I just bought a wig that should arrive in a month so my Buffy outfits will be next bloody level!

Spanky
Spanky
Cool

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn

Spanky
Spanky
That shirt ain't hideous!!! I had a pink one by Diesel back in the day and it was on fleck!! Hideous my ass. And it's man o' war not jellyfish.
I like the concise runtime of your videos and the fact that you're not over the top with it. Your style feels natural. I look forward to you finally getting to School Hard.

On the Slayer style videos, down the line are you going to be doing a kind of style overview charting the characters' sense of style and what it could mean eg Willow goes from wearing some godawful outfits in her younger years to actually getting a sense of style as she matures?

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
I like the concise runtime of your videos and the fact that you're not over the top with it. Your style feels natural. I look forward to you finally getting to School Hard.

On the Slayer style videos, down the line are you going to be doing a kind of style overview charting the characters' sense of style and what it could mean eg Willow goes from wearing some godawful outfits in her younger years to actually getting a sense of style as she matures?
That's a fantastic idea! I will definitely do so! Want me to start with Willow?

DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
You can start with whoever you want to :-)

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
@DeadlyDuo keep your eyes peeled. In the meantime - first video up with my new equipment! I think it makes a marked difference personally.

Spanky
Spanky
The new equipment makes a marked difference. You should look into some kind a lapel mic.

caitaintdead

caiters gonna cait
Black Thorn
Oh my word. You referenced Debbie Does Dallas LOL
Haha I sure did. Was difficult finding PG clips for that one :p

Next up is a video about BtVS and Faster Pussycat, Kill Kill.

Mic is definitely the next item on my want list. Any recommendations for a cheap one?

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
It just depends on how "cheap" you want it.

You could go something like this or you could get a shotgun mic that affixes to the camcorder like this.

What I would do were I you is get the lapel mic and upgrade if you decide you need to at a later date. Odds are good that even if you do upgrade to a shotgun mic you can still find a use for the lapel mic.

caitaintdead
caitaintdead
That is a far more reasonable price than I expected! Will definitely grab one of the lapel mics. Thanks dude!!!

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
@caitaintdead You can get two little roach clips and some krazy glue and make a mic stand for it as well so you are not encumbered by wearing wires.

Top Bottom