• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Question Zachary Kralik

71 Avalon

Townie
I always thought that it was a shame that they killed Zachary Kralik in "Helpless". I think he would have been a great recurring villain, even if just for one or two episodes per season. What would be more entertaining than a recurring villain who was a murdering psychopath *before* he became a vampire? And I think the writers would have had a lot of fun with him. Does anyone agree?

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Eh, the issue is, by Season 3, Vampires weren't much of a threat anymore. If Buffy was at full power, she would rip him apart, and the only way to have a vampire stalemate is either entering a private residence or sunlight barrier. And frankly, I liked that ending. Buffy definitely needed more recurring villians, but an insane vampire wasn't really going to do it. Don't get me wrong, he was one of the better character vampires, much better than the Gorch brothers.

T
thrasherpix
And that ranks as one of my favorite vampire kills, something that wouldn't have happened if she was at full Slayer strength
Hmmm - I think Helpless works really well the way it is, but I do think Kralik is a great villain. I'm not sure what he could have done in a recurring role, though I'm sure the writers could have thought up something interesting. But if he was going to be used more than once, then I don't think he should be in Helpless because she really does need to slay the vampire to prove she's more than just super strength in that one. So they would need to use a different threat in that episode and use him elsewhere.

Or possibly it might have been interesting to bring him in earlier than Helpless - have him do his monstrous worst across Sunnydale when she is at full slayer power and he gets away, and then bring him back for her to defeat when her powers have been taken. That might have upped the stakes and added an even more nightmarish quality to the episode if she was facing a vampire she had already faced and lost to. And then when she wins by outsmarting him - when she couldn't win physically before - it proves that her smarts and resourcefulness are just as important as her strength.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Oh, his death just got a lot better. Apparently, Holy Water doesn’t dilute, it consecrates any water it touches, which could mean, it didn’t merely burn him from the inside out. No, it was absorbed into his body and purified every molecule of water in him. He was exorcised by the matter in his body. That's agony matrix level pain.

darkspook

Potential
Oh, his death just got a lot better. Apparently, Holy Water doesn’t dilute, it consecrates any water it touches, which could mean, it didn’t merely burn him from the inside out. No, it was absorbed into his body and purified every molecule of water in him. He was exorcised by the matter in his body. That's agony matrix level pain.
We hadn't seen a death by holy water before on the show as best to my knowledge so that was pretty cool.

Top Bottom