• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

#1 Malcolm Reynolds (FLY) v. #9 Faith (BTVS)

Who do you like better?

• Mal (FLY)

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Faith (BTVS)

Votes: 21 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
I dunno how these two characters made it this far, but I will have to go with Faith as she is more memorable for me.
I don't know about Mal either. But with Faith it's because I'm voting differently than some people. Granted I missed all the early rounds but IMO characters who were on both BtVS and AtS shouldn't have been seperated, specially those who had arcs on both shows. It's all part of their whole journey and I can't split them. So I've been voting in these last rounds on their whole journeys.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Close!

I thought Mal would win this and become the surprise sleeper contender. But never count Faith out. :)

Mr Trick

Scooby
Mal has done the Firefly team proud, but Faith just had a little too much zest, and street fighting skills;)

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I don't think Faith would have gotten this far if people hadn't cheated. I am sure more people viewed and voted on her entire character versus just that which was on Buffy. Nevertheless, she won.

Mr Trick

Scooby
I don't think Faith would have gotten this far if people hadn't cheated. I am sure more people viewed and voted on her entire character versus just that which was on Buffy. Nevertheless, she won.
For me it just seems to be consistent that more people on this forum love Faith than not. And I think its because of the alternative world view and opprsistion which she brings to Buffy and opposes on the scoobies. Plus her sex appeal which seems rub both male and female board members up the right way:p

ChaseRules
ChaseRules
The two Slayers . Light & Dark going going at it . And I mean hair color here .
thetopher
thetopher
*sigh* rubbing...

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
For shame, for shame... poor Mal. Put up a good fight. Though I have to admit that it feels a bit more fun to have the final round be Slayer Vs. Slayer!

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
This place has a very strong Faith following so I'm not surprised to see her in the final. I wonder if it's a quirk of this board or if she's as popular with general fans and viewers. I've been rooting for Buffy from the start so I hope she takes it.

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
I really thought Mal would take this.

But yeah, it is kinda cool to have two slayers in the final.

/SK

Bluebird

two by two, hands of blue
Black Thorn
Probably. Although I prefer her character growth in AtS, and she feels more like an Angel character, I'd still choose her over Buffy as she is on BtvS.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I like Faith better myself in Buffy since she seems more real on there :D

Washburne

Protector of the key.
Black Thorn
Since I'm a bigger fan of Faith on Ats than on Btvs I'm a little conflicted about this. I too think that some have seen her characters as a whole but that's expected and I don't think it only applies to her. She's just the one going the furthest.

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
I don't see what's wrong with voting for Faith for her whole journey. I mean she only was in 6 episodes in 5 Seasons of Angel. That is nothing. It's so little in fact that AtS!Faith shouldn't even count. Besides her AtS growth counts for BtVS!Faith since she made her last appearance on either show in Buffy S7. Not to mention that she continues to rock in the comics.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I don't see what's wrong with voting for Faith for her whole journey.
Nothings wrong with it, it's not just how the rules were set up. The goal was to see how the characters worked on the show they were on, not for the complete characters. Arguably the best moments of Faith were on Angel. Everything that happened on that series should not have been judged for Faith from BTVS. Likewise Spike/Angel/Cordy/Buffy/Willow/Oz, etc. Their time on the other shows do not count.

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
Nothings wrong with it, it's not just how the rules were set up. The goal was to see how the characters worked on the show they were on, not for the complete characters. Arguably the best moments of Faith were on Angel. Everything that happened on that series should not have been judged for Faith from BTVS. Likewise Spike/Angel/Cordy/Buffy/Willow/Oz, etc. Their time on the other shows do not count.
But you still can't discard Faith's AtS run when talking about BtVS Faith. Since that is part of S7!Faith. To say it doesn't count makes no sense, mainly because the difference between S4 BtVS Faith and S7 Faith is so vastly different. And then that growth would be without reason or explanation. But even if we discard AtS Faith there is still S8, 9 and 10. Even though Angel&Faith is it's own comic it's still part of Buffy S9-10. And that Faith is just freaking awesome.

Mr Trick

Scooby
But you still can't discard Faith's AtS run when talking about BtVS Faith. Since that is part of S7!Faith. To say it doesn't count makes no sense, mainly because the difference between S4 BtVS Faith and S7 Faith is so vastly different. And then that growth would be without reason or explanation. But even if we discard AtS Faith there is still S8, 9 and 10. Even though Angel&Faith is it's own comic it's still part of Buffy S9-10. And that Faith is just freaking awesome.
This is kind of my point of view also, even though I didn't understand a bloody word you just said:D

RomanticSoul
RomanticSoul
That is my power. No one understands me.

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
Do you Willow babble too Romantic Soul ?

Top Bottom