• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

#2 Willow Rosenberg (BTVS) v. #9 Faith (BTVS)

Who do you like better?

• Willow (BTVS)

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • Faith (BTVS)

Votes: 22 52.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jpeterman

Townie
I had a feeling this one would be really close. I was hoping Willow would take it, but congrats to Faith, she's great too.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Yay. Faith is like Rocky, the true underdog taking out all the favourites. First Angel, then Fred and now Willow!

...I'm genuinely surprised by this.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
Faith has been a popular character, and no core four for the finals!

Mr Trick

Scooby
I told you all this was the pick of the round!:D Sad to see Willow go, but I called Faith to win the whole thing from early on, so guess I will stick to that prediction. I think we all know that there is only one person who can truly stop her now, right?:D

mackenzie99

Potential
Why are people calling this rigged? :( Faiths just as popular as willow from what I've seen on buffy boards...

Dolores

Professional sleeper
It's easy to see why people pick Faith given Willow's character in later seasons. It's difficult to like her much in seasons 6 and 7 - just my opinion. Plus - she stabbed a baby deer :(

Dolores

Professional sleeper
It's the Dead Man's Party that really does it for me. The only other time I really have any sympathy for Willow again after season 2 is when Oz leaves. I don't even feel that bad for her when Tara dies. Just Tara.

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
I think her tears at his leaving were merely of the crocodile variety. I think she wept for her ticket to coolness leaving moreso than actually Oz. But that's for another thread.

Mr Trick

Scooby
That's right how dare Willow grow more confidence and develop as a character, the nerve;)

DMP's an icelated incident, can't think of too many other examples after that where she acts unlikeable.

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
Picking Faith was easy for me. Faith was already at the buttom. She only had 2 ways to go, death (which she tried via Angel) or up. And once she stopped running and decided to take the downtime in prison (which is usually not the best environment for that) her story has been amazing. She did the adult thing which was facing responsibility and working hard to make herself a better person. And this continues on in the comics.

Willow's personality flaws become glaring by S3. Whenever she feels underappreciated she turns to magic to make herself feel better. When she lashes out at her friends in S4 when Oz leaves and complains her friends aren't there enough and again turns to magic. This trend eventually leads us to S6 where it all turns up to 11. At this point Willow is so power-mad that she resurrects the unwilling, kills deers, mind fraks Tara and a multitude of other things. And since we learn in S7 that magic is not an addiction (lol way to contradict S6 there writers) then Willow's S6 turn comes entirely from Willow's personality flaws. And that was actually the original storyline until AH got the writers to change it. Willow has nothing and no one to blame but herself and her unwillingness to see her own flaws, deal with them and make a change. If she can't better herself then get help. Shrinks exist for a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
ChaseRules
ChaseRules
You hit the nail on the head . Faith went through quite a journey but ended up on the right side after everything .
She earned what Buffy & co have given her :)
Top Bottom