• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Ask Georges Jeanty

nerd4hire

Certified Uncloneable
I was just thinking of future Giles.

I guess he could have spun off an alternate time line before the series began. In that case he'd still need a mole.

Present Giles doesn't make sense for Twilight, because he appears to be in other countries than where Twilight is when he's going rogue with Faith, and what would be the point of even doing the partnering up with Faith thing from Twilight's perspective.

The idea of spinning alternate timelines makes sense from a story POV, because it would mean Willow doesn't have to go dark.

The future Giles theory is hard to discount.

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
I was just thinking of future Giles.

I guess he could have spun off an alternate time line before the series began. In that case he'd still need a mole.

Present Giles doesn't make sense for Twilight, because he appears to be in other countries than where Twilight is when he's going rogue with Faith, and what would be the point of even doing the partnering up with Faith thing from Twilight's perspective.
Whoever Twilight is (if he is indeed a Future!version of a character) will need an inside person. This future person is trying to change the past as they experienced it so one would assume that regardless of who Twilight is they would need someone to alter things to their satisfaction.

That does the raise the question though of if Twilight and his mole are succeeding will that mean that Twilight won't exist?

I think I just tied myself into knots with that.

nerd4hire

Certified Uncloneable
^^ I convinced myself and Lyri last night that the mole is Satsu. I'll try and remember why it made perfect sense at 2am. I'll be back with sense.
I can think of one. I can't remember Satsu in Tibet. Is she there? If not Satsu as mole would make sense, because Twilight can't find Buffy at that point. If the mole was with Buffy there, wouldn't he or she contact Twilight, as part of his or her mole job?

Kean

Professional Bangel
Sineya
I can think of one. I can't remember Satsu in Tibet. Is she there? If not Satsu as mole would make sense, because Twilight can't find Buffy at that point. If the mole was with Buffy there, wouldn't he or she contact Twilight, as part of his or her mole job?
Satsu is there but I get the impression that just as Buffy had been struggling to get in contact with her mole (Riley) Twilight has struggled to get in contact with his. Or maybe the mole has some sort of Cylon!SleeperDoll thing going on and doesn't even know they are the mole?

AndrewCrossett

Satsu Otaku
Sineya
Satsu is in Tibet... last seen saving Buffy from a sniper.

The fact that Satsu is (magically confirmed) in love with Buffy, plus certain little things Scott Allie has let drop, make me doubt that Satsu is the mole... at least not knowingly so.

And if Satsu is under Twilight's control or influence, why would they have had to send Vampy Cats to infiltrate her and get the knowledge of Slayer headquarters from her that way? (see issue #22).

My belief that Twilight is a future version of a main character rests on the fact that all of the main characters have been seen in other places simultaneously with Twilight... and Twilight seems to have some sporadic knowledge of future events. In the battle in Tibet, he said "that goddess almost killed them" half a page before it actually happened, and he seemed to know beforehand that the goddesses would turn on the Slayers, decimate both sides, and then move on. Allie has said that Twilight is "not precisely psychic" -- so I'm thinking his knowledge comes from remembering these events.

For a while I thought he might be Harth Fray, taking advantage of his Slayer memories (which would explain why he seems to remember some things but not others... like the fact Buffy fled to Tibet)... but Georges strongly suggests that Twilight will be someone we don't expect to be Buffy's enemy.

I pick Future Giles over Future Xander because Twilight's personality and mannerisms are more consistent with a Giles-turned-evil than a Xander-turned-evil, and because Giles might have the knowledge and contacts to build the kind of influence Twilight has.

The gaps in his memory (why didn't he remember the Slayers fled to Tibet? Why did he need the Vampy Cats to tell him where Slayer HQ was?) might indicate that his presence has corrupted this timeline and made his memories only sporadically reliable.

nerd4hire

Certified Uncloneable
The gaps in his memory (why didn't he remember the Slayers fled to Tibet? Why did he need the Vampy Cats to tell him where Slayer HQ was?) might indicate that his presence has corrupted this timeline and made his memories only sporadically reliable.
Exactly - alternate timelines - or would that be one timeline perverted. Mind twisty. But the whole seemingly disconnected Fray arc suddenly gets a purpose. You go, "Oh, I get it now." (I still want to know what was with that monkey)

You're selling me on future Giles, man.

Buffyverse Fan

* The 28th *
Sineya
I pick Future Giles over Future Xander because Twilight's personality and mannerisms are more consistent with a Giles-turned-evil than a Xander-turned-evil, and because Giles might have the knowledge and contacts to build the kind of influence Twilight has.
Xander's too short anyway.

Anya Jenkins-Harris

Vengeance is what I am.
I really, really want to know who Twilight is now. I have so many theories, sometimes, and at other times nothing makes sense. I have a feeling it's not someone who's been in any of the comics so far, I'm not sure why, but I don't know who it could be anymore. I'm no longer on the Spike bandwagon, and I don't think it'd be Giles. Xander seems likely, but I don't want it to be Xander. I think Twilight'll be male, but I'm not sure. Nothing makes sense to me anymore, I just wanna know who Twilight is. Damn this waiting, and Georges' refusal to tell us. :p

Buffyverse Fan

* The 28th *
Sineya
I really, really want to know who Twilight is now. (...) I just wanna know who Twilight is. Damn this waiting (...)
Fine! I'll tell you! It's Parker Abrams from S4. He couldn't get that Buffy lovin' out of his mind, and he figured his only shot at hooking up with her again was to make her vulnerable. So he decided to kill all of her friends and pummel her, hoping some Buffy-condolence-cuddling would soon follow.

A
Anya Jenkins-Harris
I will be shocked if that's the truth. ;D

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
These Q&A things has turned out to be brilliant.
Thanks again to everyone involved.

I won't be guessing who Twilight is since I don't have a clue...

/SK

Top Bottom