• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Charlie's Angels trailer

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
This looks awesome!

LOL! LOL!! uh-huh

Taake

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Staff member
Black Thorn
Good thing I learned from the first Charlie’s Angels movie to just say no to these.

Ella Balinska was the only one who kind of saved the trailer. Elizabeth Banks seems...awful? Was she always awful or did Hunger Games break her? (Whenever I see her now she seems to be doing some weird variant of Effie Trinket)

thrasherpix

Scooby
I kinda want to give it a chance (the trailers are notoriously dishonest). I did like the movies, though I was young and what I appreciated about them was their sheer silliness. But this trailer making a big deal about their being women (which I hope is just the trailer) comes off as especially annoying given that the other movies were from decades before and I don't recall anyone complaining of the movie for having female leads...and then there's the more serious TV series from the friggin 1970s (where if they were going to make it an issue that they were women then THAT was the time, not today).

'Course the marketers (probably on cocaine) probably expect everyone to not remember and figure people assume Charlie's Angels were either all guys or were his sweet angels while Bosley fought the crime. :D

I've been meaning to see The Runaways for a long time now and this reminds me of it (because of the 1970s)...guess I will sooner rather than later. I really hope (but know better than to expect) for there to be a note just before or after the movie that says something like, "This group formed back when society REALLY WAS holding women down, at least compared to today, and they still smashed through the glass ceiling by not giving up and having a plan. What have you done in comparison other than to whine about problems that are, at best, greatly exaggerated?"

Octavia
Octavia
I liked the Runaways. It looks like KStew was way better in that than she will be in this.

Spanky

I'm came here to chew bubblegum and go off topic.
Black Thorn
thrasherpix
thrasherpix
I know, and that's the point. It's NOT new or radical or hip because "women power." Though if it were placed as a reboot in the 1970s, then that might be interesting while following their "girl power" formula...

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
It was a good TV series. It was an entertaining movie the first time. No reason it can't be a good movie this time. It seems like a female James Bond story with three leads and these are always entertaining. But I will wait for it to come out on cable / streaming service. Movies have to be world-beating to make me go to a cinema.

nightshade

I am a phoenix
Staff member
Black Thorn
Didn't they do Charlie's Angels like 10 years ago?
I gave that a miss then and I'll no doubt not see this version either.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Elizabeth Banks seems...awful? Was she always awful or did Hunger Games break her? (Whenever I see her now she seems to be doing some weird variant of Effie Trinket)
I thought the same thing!! Its offputting. I used to find her quite adorable and funny.

Didn't they do Charlie's Angels like 10 years ago?
More like 20 years ago and we are old AF now. I didnt think the last one was really outdated yet, but I guess it is...

I watched the trailer wanting to like this, wanting to give it a go. But the trailer made me not want to see it. I guess its got some of the funny silly bits the last movie had, but not aimed at 90's girl power generation as the last movie was. I hate fashion and dress ups and always have. I genuinely like KStew as an actor when she has a role that fits. This role doesnt seem a real good fit (like Bella didnt fit). She is smokin though. And yes as a horse rider, I can confirm we do slap ourselves on the butt with riding crops. I think I should start carrying one around the garden. It'll help remind me to pick up my lazy hip and stop limping!

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I was super impressed that Kirsten Stewart is the girl with the short hair, just one thing, who is she?

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
It's amazing how this manages to be unoriginal in so many different ways. It's very meta about it, almost a parody.

Also pass.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Excuse me for asking this but don't many Americans refer to some folk as trailer trash, and yet here we are that many American's are saying they are so wonderful 'cos they is in a trailer. What am I missing here?

Top Bottom