• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Discussion of 4.12 "A New Man" - Aired 1/25/00 (WB-US)

PassionBecoming

Minuscule Redheaded One
Sineya
I love this episode. The scenes with Giles & Spike are hilarious. It is very frustrating because you want everyone to recognize that it's Giles & they don't until Buffy does at the end. And I hate Ethan Rayne! (he has caused for some great eps & memorable moments though)
I love Spike and Giles in this ep!!! Especially Spike trying to drive his car. Heh.

Wild At Heart
Wild At Heart
[No message]

YummySushiPJs

Scooby
Love when he jumps out of the car in demon form to scare Maggie Walsh and then runs back to the car looking very pleased with himself!

Also love when people keep screaming and running away from him he says "Bloody humans!"

Mr Trick

Scooby
Great episode. I love the level of detail they go into with how the change effects Giles like when he breaks the phone:D

The Giles/Spike stuff is awesome. I love when those two rub each other up the wrong way. Also like that Spike later brings up that Giles owns him.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
I love when those two rub each other up the wrong way. Also like that Spike later brings up that Giles owns him.
Woah! That's some crazy slash fic right there my friend. :eek::p

I hear that Giles/Spike is a popular pairing, especially in S4...

Mr Trick
Mr Trick
Wow! I really do have to watch my mouth around here don't I! lol.

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Eww, Buffy and Riley making out *covers eyes*.

Thank god for the Willow's of the world :p

A surprise party, anything could happen...

Giles is eating cake, he's unhealthy like us :O

Riley, take off that turtle neck, it looks horrible...

Spike can talk with a cigarette in his mouth and his speech is still clear :D

Walsh=scarier than Spike ??? o_O

Walsh was definitely mythtaken :p

Buffy has slayed more than 17 hostiles :p

Riley, the whole Slayer thing is complicated...

Giles, Walsh knows she is a slayer...

But she needs to get her facts straight about the whole "male role model" thing :mad:

Giles, Riley's new boyfriend is in the Initiative.

Giles has become very out of loop :(

So, Ethan is behind this ??? :eek:

Ethan, this new outfit is actually nice...

"a tendency to get knocked in the head", how haven't you end up in a coma yet ??? o_O

Willow and Tara practicing witchcraft together, pretty sure they are a little more than friends at this point...

Willow, that might have been a little too much power...

What happened to Giles ??? :eek:

This scene reminds me a bit of what happened to Spider-man after getting bitten...

I don't like Briley, but I like seeing Buffy happy :)

Giles can't speak :(

Spike, help him...

Anya, helpful as usual...

Giles is getting worse :(

He chases Walsh around :D

There have Citroen cars in America ???

Riley, not everything is a military operation :rolleyes:

At least Giles is all back to normal :)

Riley, what's so special about the Nevada dessert ???

You date Riley, you date the initiative :p

Room 314 o_O

Next time: Briley sex scene...

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
He'd have been wonderful, so urbane and charming. But I love the few appearances we have of him, he adds to every episode he's in. And A New Man is one of the funniest.
I like how Ethan recognises that he should "just do the damage and get out of town" because its the "sticking around to gloat" which gets him every time.

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Ethan also has a cool experience in Buffy's Dream in season 8. It's a shame we had to wait that long to see him again though.

AnthonyCordova

Snakehead Leviticus
Sineya
This is such an underrated episode. I just recently rewatched it, and I wanted to remark that I actually had to stop, because I had an empathetic connection with Giles and felt embarrassed on his behalf, as if I had seen a side of him and his personal life that I shouldn't have. Giles is emotionally put on display and made vulnerable to the audience. It was a little too much for me this last episode. But it's a great episode, and one that is often overlooked in threads discussing the best episodes of S4, or on lists of best stand alone episodes.

Out for a walk

5 Words Or Less...
I am at this episode again and I just love it. Such a funny and clever episode. I just noticed that Spike is measuring a new crypt when "demon" Giles stumbles across him. Those little details are always so hilarious.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I am at this episode again and I just love it. Such a funny and clever episode. I just noticed that Spike is measuring a new crypt when "demon" Giles stumbles across him. Those little details are always so hilarious.
You also briefly hear Spike laugh when Giles gets back in the car after chasing Maggie Walsh, just before the scene cuts to a different scene.

Mr Trick

Scooby
This one is always a blast! Love the good practical makeup effects for Giles as the demon. Some great psychical acting from ASH too. Its a nice character beat that Buffy recognizes Giles just by his eyes:)

Trepkos

Townie
I just noticed that Spike is measuring a new crypt when "demon" Giles stumbles across him. Those little details are always so hilarious.
And what is he going to do with those measurements? Wallpaper the outside? Paint it a pretty colour?

Top Bottom