• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Kennedy vs Connor

PaulParmar1

Spuffy Forever
Sineya
Arguably the two most hated characters in the Buffyverse. If you had to choose to keep 1 and get rid of the other from the series completely. Who would you keep?
I'd keep Connor, he had an interesting story and I loved him.

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Connor. You could say that he and the way he was portrayed was essential to the plotline of S3 and 4.
But mostly in the end he was a victim, and that made him far more sympathetic.
Plus he turned out okay in the end so that mitigates some of the annoying for me.
Also a better actor with more to his character than Kennedy.

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
Lift Kennedy out of S7 or replace her with any other female LGBT character, and nothing would change plot wise.
You cannot remove even baby Connor, without changing every single major plotline from S3 onwards.

I also have moments, however rare, of liking Connor. This never happens with Kennedy ;)

Fool for Buffy
Fool for Buffy
Good point
thetopher
thetopher
Good point, plus your banner is AMAZING! :D

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Baby Connor and season 5 Connor are great. I never saw baby Kennedy, but I would bet she was a spoiled brat then too.
Most important answer to this question is what @Puppet said. Kennedy is easily replaceable, while there is hardly a last 3 seasons of Angel without Connor’s existence.

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
Connor may be handsomely androgenous, but I prefer Kennedy. Kennedy was a breath of fresh air. Connor just added more angst to an already obsessively indulgent show.
You cannot remove even baby Connor, without changing every single major plotline from S3 onwards.
You don't need to sweeten the deal for me.

Black Thorn
S5 Connor is adorable! And funny. That season also proved that Vincent Kartheiser CAN act, when he has a decent script. It wasn't his fault that the S4 Connor situation pretty much sucked.

Plus, Vincent was incredibly pretty! Really, what a cutie patootie!! ♡♡
"This one is lusting after me." lol

But...Kennedy? *projectile vomits*

PaulParmar1
PaulParmar1
Connor is mega hot
Sineya
Connor may have been an integral part of the plot of Ats but he is not really a likeable character. Yes, a lot of the show would have to be rewritten without him but the point is, it should have been rewritten.

Kennedy is the one who wants to fight the demons, unlike the rest of the potentials.
She is the one who distracts Willow with a kiss and in two seconds, the pall of Tara's death is lifted.
She is the one who stays with Willow even when she morphs into Warren.
She is the one who agrees to act as bait for the bringers.
She is the one who leads basic training.
She is the only potential I would want to bring to a fight if I had to fight.

In terms of most people, she is the one who started from a position of wealth and would have had more to lose than the rest but she was the most effective fighter.

WhyCantiStay

Please, Wesley...
I think Connor is more crucial to the world, especially Angel, so I'd have to choose him if forced to pick between him and Kennedy. I also always had a soft spot for Connor because his life was rough from the start. That said, I think both Connor and Kennedy have benefited from the comics; they weren't nearly as annoying as on screen, IMO. I wouldn't mind a Deepscan spinoff and Connor re-introduced into the main title(s).

I think Connor was supposed to be annoying. Plus, he did get his comeuppance on several glorious occasions. Like when Fred maliciously tased him, or when Faith showed him the power of the Slayer. Kennedy... we were supposed to like her.

WhyCantiStay

Please, Wesley...
I think Connor was supposed to be annoying. Plus, he did get his comeuppance on several glorious occasions. Like when Fred maliciously tased him, or when Faith showed him the power of the Slayer. Kennedy... we were supposed to like her.
Yeah, but at least Kennedy knows she's a brat? ... Nah, still hate her! LOL!

Black Thorn
As people may know, I LOVE Kennedy! I love how she's blunt and goes after what she wants and stands up for her opinions, but she's also sweet and kind, and brave and just really awesome. She's one of the only things I like about season 7, I find her a really unique character in the Buffyverse.

I’d keep Kennedy. Are u kidding....? She had like 10 minutes all in all screen time. Connor dominated like an enire season which became the worst Buffyverse season.
But then again I dont seem to mind Kennedy as much as everyone

Mrs Gordo

We fight termites wherever they may roam!
Black Thorn
Connor. Anything else is crazy talk. Angel having a son was as transformative for him as Buffy taking on a motherly responsibility over Dawn. It was pivotal to Angel’s story and development. Connor was brought in to be Angel’s love (parental obvi).

While Connor grates me sometimes, I don’t hate him. By s5 I like him and by S9 I really really like him.

Kennedy is not worth any discussion time. She is inconsequential.

Connor dominated like an enire season which became the worst Buffyverse season.
Connor wasn’t in S7 of BtVS was he? ;)

Connor. That's not even a contest. Kennedy who?

While Connor has his largely unlikable moments, I understand where he is coming from. That's something IMO a lot of people overlook, Connor's life previous to coming back to Earth. So at least Connor has a reason for his behavior. What's Kennedy's excuse? Being a bitca for the sake of being a bitca? Urgh, go away.

I'd keep Connor. He served a purpose in the story and if he'd been written a little less gullible and whiny then he might've been liked more. I think Cangel is the main reason people hate Connor.

Kennedy is just a bitch and should've either been put in her place or eaten by Gnarl.

GraceK
GraceK
Your my soulmate when it comes to thoughts on Kennedy :)
Top Bottom