• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffy Summers

Yataro
Staff member
Sineya
This week, we have new member @flow in the Scooby Spotlight! Here are few opening questions:

1. How (and why) did you found BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
2. What is it about Buffy that has you ‘coming back’?
3. If you could guest star in any Buffy or Angel episode, which episode would you choose?
4. What does a day in your life usually look like?
5. If you could swap lives with one person for a day who would it be?

Everyone please feel free to post your own questions throughout the week :)

Would you make a good spy?

If Spike came to you during Lovers Walk and asked for some advice, what would you tell him?

What's you favourite Spuffy episode?

nightshade

Hidden away in a cupboard under the stairs
Staff member
Black Thorn
Unicorns or dragons?

Pizza or pie?

Puppet
Puppet
I just saw a con video where someone asked Bri, Kim and Gil that first one. That wasn't you, right? :P
Awwwwww...I am so nervous right now !

1. How (and why) did you found BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
While I was first watching Buffy, I sometimes had a question, I could not discuss with anyone in real life, because no one else I knew had ever watched Buffy. So I started to google my questions and as sure as eggs is eggs, the answer that popped up always was given within a thread on Buffy-Boards. Then came a day, when there was no answer to my question at all, so I had to register and start a thread myself :) And that is how it all began....

My first thought about BB was, that it is amazing, how active this board is, considering, that twenty years have passed, since the show first aired. My second thought was, how amazing it is, that this board is so very friendly.

2. What is it about Buffy that has you ‘coming back’?
I don`t know, really. I think, the show is our life in a nutshell. Well except for the vampires of course ;).
You can find everything within the show. Drama and humor and romance, passion, emotions. People are struggeling and failing....but they still keep on trying. That is, what I love about the show.

3. If you could guest star in any Buffy or Angel episode, which episode would you choose?
Not OMWF, because I can`t sing at all :). Maybe Hush, because it is such an outstanding episode. Or maybe I could be the decoy Buffy in TGIQ. That would be fun. And if I could play Anya, it would always be Entropy.

4. What does a day in your life usually look like?
My five year old usually wakes me at about seven a clock. He and my husband have breakfast, while I have coffee (that is my beakfast) and then I drop him off at kindergarten (the little one, not my husband) and go to work. Luckily I can go by bike and it takes me only fifteen minutes. At about 3 pm I leave office and pick the little one up from kindergarten and then we usually spend the rest of the day on a playground, or at a friends place or just at home. At about half past seven or eight he goes off to bed and I grab my laptop, make myself comfortable on the couch and start visiting BB, watching YouTube videos about Buffy, reading fanfiction or watching an episode.

5. If you could swap lives with one person for a day who would it be?
I actually have no idea. I don`t think I want to swap my life with anyone. Maybe, if I have to, it would be someone with a superbrain, like Stepehn Hawking, so I could for just this one day understand the nature of things.

Would you make a good spy?
I would make the worst spy ever. I cannot tell a lie, without starting to giggle. I would go on my first undercover mission, introduce myself to the enemy by saying "Hello, my name is Mata Hari" and immediately have a laughing fit. That would give everything away and I would spend the next twenty years in prison.

If Spike came to you during Lovers Walk and asked for some advice, what would you tell him?
I`d tell him: Confide in Willow. Just ask her nicely and she will help you with that stupid spell for Drusilla. You can really trust her. And you can still go to the Magic Box for all those ingredients and do your magnificient speech about love not being brains but blood. And no biting the nice shop-lady !

What's you favourite Spuffy episode?
That is impossible to tell, because I love them all so much. I have a very soft spot for Smashed, though ;)

Unicorns or dragons?
Unicorns, of course !

Pizza, Pizza, Pizza ! They get delivered, nothing can beat that.

Pies are not very common in Germany, to be honest. I wouldn`t even know, where to get one, let alone, how to make one.

flow

Can you describe Spuffy in three words?

Do you have any pets?

What's your favourite book?

Why do you like your job (or not)?

Can you describe Spuffy in three words?
Love, trust, friendship. The sex is also amazing, but that sentence has more than three words in itself. I had to make a choice....

Do you have any pets?
I have a dwarf rabbit. We used to have two, but the male one died early this year and now there is only the female one left :oops:.

What's your favourite book?
There is one book, I have read about a dozen times or more often. I don`t know, if I would call it my favourite book - I don`t think I have a favourite one - but it is the one book I come back to time and again. It is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

Why do you like your job (or not)?
I like my job, when people appreciate, what I do for them. I hate my job, if people don`t. The latter happens more frequently...

flow

Do you have a favourite Spuffy sex scene?

Do you watch AtS? Do you enjoy it?

If Buffy couldn't be with Spike, who should she be with?

What is your opinion of Cordelia?

When will you start reading the comics? :D

Mrs Gordo

(She's not even a vampire.) No, I'm an attorney.
Black Thorn
How old were you when you first sat Buffy?

Where are you from?

What is the one place you would most love to travel too?

If Spike had a pet what kind of pet would it be and what would he name it?

Do you have a favourite Spuffy sex scene?
The balcony scene and the scene in Smashed. I really love them both equally.

Do you watch AtS? Do you enjoy it?
I have only watched season 5 so far. I already bought the DVDs for season 1-4, but there is so little time...
I enjoyed season 5 a lot. Angel is a very complex and intriguing character and he has a very subtle humor, that I like a lot. And of course there is also Spike in season 5......

If Buffy couldn't be with Spike, who should she be with?
That is a very difficult question. I couldn`t think about anyone at first. Maybe - just maybe - Lindsay could be the right guy for her, if he could be redeemed. He is human, but interesting and kind of cool. He would be the "normal", she always wanted, but not the boring "normal", she had with Riley.

What is your opinion of Cordelia?
She is not my favourite character but I like her a lot. She has guts, she is intelligent and witty and she always stands her ground.

When will you start reading the comics?
I am still fighting the desire to do so, but I have to admit, it is getting harder....

What’s the last movie you saw in theater?
It was Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them. It must have been about a year ago :) I don`t go to the movies a lot.

What’s your favorite tv show on air currently?
Do reality soaps count as tv-shows ?I don`t watch a lot of series on tv, but I sometimes watch a show about people who emigrate from Germany to a foreign country without knowledge of language, without a job, without an accomodation and with hardly any money at all. The show is called Goodbye Deutschland. Do you have something like that in the UK or in the US ?

flow

brinkster130
brinkster130
I don’t think we do in the US, but hat sounds cool!
P
Priceless
Love that balcony scene, not often Spike gets to initiate :-)

WillowFromBuffy

Extra flamy candles!
What is the best thing about being a parent?

What is the worst thing about being a parent?

Do you sing in public?

What do people not give you enough credit for?

What do people give you too much credit for?

Have you ever gambled?

What would the theme song to Flow the Show be?

How old were you when you first sat Buffy?
I watched Buffy for the first time early this year. Of all the members here, I might be the one who was oldest, when watching Buffy first ;) Can anyone here beat 48 ?

Where are you from?
I am from the north of Germany. We have federal states in Germany (just like in the US) and the one, where I was born and raised and still live is called Lower Saxony. It is a good place to live :)

What is the one place you would most love to travel too?
I travelled to Myanmar in March this year with two friends of mine and it was absolute fantastic. I would love to go there again.

If Spike had a pet what kind of pet would it be and what would he name it?
I could be his pet and he could call me pet ! Okay....I got carried away.....
He has kittens in the comics now and it seems perfect. So, yeah, it would be kittens and he would call them kittens or pets :).

What is the best thing about being a parent?
If you always wanted to have kids (which should be the only reason, to have them), than the good thing about being a parent is, that you live the life, you have wished for. It is not better or easier or happier or more meaningful. But is what you wanted your life to be. Unless, you find out, you made the wrong decison

What is the worst thing about being a parent?
Sleep deprivation.

Do you sing in public?
Never. I am 100 % unmusical and I can not sing at all. I never even sing under the shower.

What do people not give you enough credit for?
How much time and effort and passion I put into my job.

What do people give you too much credit for?
My pancakes. They are good, but they are actually the only good thing, I can prepare in the kitchen. It seems a bit unfair, to get credit for them, because I am a complete failure at everything else that has to do with cooking.

Have you ever gambled?
I have been on a quiz show on tv. Does that count as gambling ? It was ages ago though....I was young and needed the money....

What would the theme song to Flow the Show be?
Ah -that would probably be a thirty seconds long show, so the theme song has to be short as well :D But maybe it would be I Did It My Way.

What's your favorite foods and desserts?
My favorite dessert is definitely Tirami Su. I don`t have a favorite food nowadays. I like almost every kind of food, except for Brussel sprouts. Those I hate. When I was a kid, my mother used to make something that is called Dampfnudeln. I couldn`t find an english word for it, but that was my favorite food as a child.

Any dream vacation destinations?
As for places I have never been, but would want to travel to ? I think I would love to travel to Southeastern Asia. Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Tibet and maybe also to China.

flow

Would you appear on a reality tv show?

Are you a proud European?

Can you describe Buffy in three words?

Do you have any religious beliefs?

Would you appear on a reality tv show?
Never ! Some people will record it and blackmail you for the rest of your life !

Are you a proud European?
Ah - that is a difficult question. Europe is more an idea or a concept than a place you would call home. I wouldn`t say, I am a proud European, but I believe in the idea of an European Union. Not necessary in the European Union we have right now, but in the idea of it.

Can you describe Buffy in three words?
Loving, forgiving, trying.

Do you have any religious beliefs?
Yes, I do. I am basically a Christian, but I am not in any way fundamentalistic. I can see, that there are a lot of plotholes. I just don`t care ;)

flow

Sineya
When I was a kid, my mother used to make something that is called Dampfnudeln. I couldn`t find an english word for it, but that was my favorite food as a child.
Are they not a kind of a sweet dumpling in vanilla sauce? If so I don't think there is a specific name for them in English.....?

Sineya
I think I have, or something very like them at least....I worked for a German based company for a while & they took us out for meals occasionally.
I'm not a dessert person really but they seemed quite nice :)

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Are you a fan of routines and schedules or do you prefer to go with the flow?

In your first watch, what Spuffy moment made you jump on the Spuffy ship train?

Are you more likely to watch Angel or read the comics?

Are you more excited or nervous about your child growing up?

Are you a fan of routines and schedules or do you prefer to go with the flow?
I definitely go with the flow and live in the moment as much as I can. It is not always possible, because my job often requires me, to keep appointments or meet dead lines, but I only do that, because I have to, for a living.

In your first watch, what Spuffy moment made you jump on the Spuffy ship train?
I jumped the ship, before I even had watched the show. I had randomly watched one or two episodes of S1 (with no Spuffy at all) on a flight in March (when I went to Myanmar) and after I came back to Germany I was looking the show up on Google and YouTube. YouTube doesn`t have full episodes, but they have those fan videos. I saw a couple of them with Spike and Buffy and I was addicted. The first seasons I watched were S5, S6 and S7 because I was only interested in Spuffy and nothing else.

Are you more likely to watch Angel or read the comics?
I am going to watch Angel. I`d actually love to start right now, but there is so littel time. I am still rewatching S2 and I spent a lot of my time here on Buffy-Boards and I have about 30 fanfics on my to-read-list.....

Are you more excited or nervous about your child growing up?
I never think about him growing up :) Can`t he stay a five-year-old for ever ?
To be serious, I am not really nervous. He is a great kid and he will be fine, I am sure !

flow

Status
Not open for further replies.