• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Scooby Spotlight: Living Dead Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athena

I'm not what you think I am
Staff member
Black Thorn
This week we have @Living Dead Boy in the hot seat! Here are a few questions to get things started:

1. How (and why) did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
2. What was it about Buffy that made you fall in love with the show?
3. Who is your favorite Whedonverse character?
4. What do you prefer to have for breakfast?
5. Do you prefer sweet or salty snacks?

Everyone please feel free to post your own questions throughout the week! :D

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
What's the first album you remember buying with your own cash?

What's the most expensive item of clothing you own?

What would be your perfect job (ahem... in terms of a career)?

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Do you like spending time with little kids?

Do you like spending time with the elderly?

Early bird or night owl?

What's your favorite animal to see at a zoo?

Can you cook and what's your favourite meal to cook?

What's the difference between a cliche and a trope?

Why do you think men fake their deaths more than women do?

brinkster130

Riley's BFF
Staff member
Sineya
What’s the best concert you’ve been to?

What was your favorite movie growing up?

What is your go to snack?

Living Dead Boy

Joss Is A Very Flawed Boss
Black Thorn
This week we have @Living Dead Boy in the hot seat! Here are a few questions to get things started:

1. How (and why) did you find BB? What were your first thoughts about it?
2. What was it about Buffy that made you fall in love with the show?
3. Who is your favorite Whedonverse character?
4. What do you prefer to have for breakfast?
5. Do you prefer sweet or salty snacks?
Okay, here we go. I forgot I even signed up for this! Haha!

1. It was a cold November afternoon (presumably) and I was reminiscing on my forum days and how much I missed talking about Buffy. I lurked here quite a few times before and figured this was the perfect place to do it, and here I am, almost 6 years til the day (23rd).

2. Buffy's sacrifice. I've mentioned here before that my introduction to the Verse was The Gift. I caught the last 15 minutes, and besides all the fun action that took place, I remember being really affected by Buffy's jump into the portal. It's the show's humanity that stuck with me throughout the years, and it has a bigger heart than most entertainment I've seen.

3. Oz. No, Faith. No, Oz! Well honestly both, but for different reasons. Oz because he was the first fictional character that I completely identified with. We're both laid back, we speak only when there's something to actually say, and we were both in bands at one point. Faith probably overall because her arc really made me want to understand what drives a person to madness, and how a person no matter what mistakes they've made, still had a chance to be redeemed. I love that message.

4. A loaded, cheesy omelette with a nice glass of OJ on the side. :p

5. Can't choose. Sometimes I like sweet, sometimes I like salty, sometimes I like both! :D

What's the first album you remember buying with your own cash?

What's the most expensive item of clothing you own?

What would be your perfect job (ahem... in terms of a career)?
1. I believe it was Britney Spears "...Baby One More Time." The start of a three year obsession period. Haha.

2. Um, I believe you're talking to the thrift store champion, the bargain king! I rarely splurge, but I wanna say it's my Ralph Lauren leather jacket.

3. Perfect career would be a singer/songwriter. Its in my blood, I can't see myself doing anything else.

Do you like spending time with little kids?

Do you like spending time with the elderly?

Early bird or night owl?

What's your favorite animal to see at a zoo?
1. I do like spending time with kids....mostly. Depends on who their parents are. :p

2. I love the elderly. I was raised by a grandmother and I always gravitated towards elderly friends in my old apartment complex. Never really related to anyone my age.

3. Night owl for sure. I can sleep until 5 in the afternoon if you let me.

4. I love pandas for some reason. They're just so precious to me. Haha. :)

Favourite song to sing in the shower? At karaoke?
1. That depends on my mood at the current moment. But "Show Me The Way" by Peter Frampton and "End Of The Road" by Boys 2 Men are mainstays at karaoke!

Can you cook and what's your favourite meal to cook?

What's the difference between a cliche and a trope?

Why do you think men fake their deaths more than women do?
1. I'm slowly learning how to cook even though I suck at it. I'm still at college level, so if you ever want to try the best ramen noodle concoction with chopped hot dogs, cheese, and a bit of hot sauce, then I'm your boy! :D

2. All stories have tropes, its the foundations that every story hinges on, so a trope is a storytelling pattern that we're familiar with. It only becomes a cliché when it's the same thing we've seen time and time again without adding anything new to the table.

3. ....because men are stupid? ;):p

What’s the best concert you’ve been to?

What was your favorite movie growing up?

What is your go to snack?
1. The Red Hot Chili Peppers when they came to D.C back in 2012. They're my favorite band of all time, so naturally it was a night I'll never forget.

2. It's a tie between Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Nightmare Before Christmas.

3. Cheez Its!

Curious Pathos

"You're the one, Buffy."
What would you want to be your last meal before you died?

What is the item on your bucket list that you are most excited to complete?

What is your favourite vegetable?

What is your favourite word in the English language? Why?

How do you feel about the imbalance of power between the screenwriter and a director, when comes to their competing visions?

Do you have a favourite kind of rock or gemstone?

What is your favourite series of movies [ex. Starwars, Die Hard, Fast & the Furious, Indian Jones, Back to the Future, etc.]?

Do you like anime? If so, which one is your favourite?

What is your favourite kind of weather?

If Buffyverse was going to come to a close, how would you want it to end?

What is your favourite/lucky number?

If you could, is there a mystical creature or cryptid that you would make real?

Who is your role model in life?

What would your ideal amusement park be like?

Who is your favourite Disney character? Why?

Do you have a least favourite food? If so, what? Why?

What's your favourite board game?

What's your favourite video game?

Living Dead Boy

Black Thorn
What would you want to be your last meal before you died?

What is the item on your bucket list that you are most excited to complete?

What is your favourite vegetable?

What is your favourite word in the English language? Why?

How do you feel about the imbalance of power between the screenwriter and a director, when comes to their competing visions?

Do you have a favourite kind of rock or gemstone?

What is your favourite series of movies [ex. Starwars, Die Hard, Fast & the Furious, Indian Jones, Back to the Future, etc.]?

Do you like anime? If so, which one is your favourite?

What is your favourite kind of weather?

If Buffyverse was going to come to a close, how would you want it to end?

What is your favourite/lucky number?

If you could, is there a mystical creature or cryptid that you would make real?

Who is your role model in life?

What would your ideal amusement park be like?

Who is your favourite Disney character? Why?

Do you have a least favourite food? If so, what? Why?

What's your favourite board game?

What's your favourite video game?
1. Chicken Alfredo pasta. :p

2. I think I'd have to have a bucket list in the first place. Haha!

3. The vegetable that doesn't look like a vegetable at all. Forgot what it was called... :D

4. Wow. It's my favorite because there's not a day that goes by without me saying wow at least a million times.

5. I believe that since the two feed and compliment each other, it would the wisest decision to work together as a team to turn the best of their respective visions into a cohesive whole. But I'm not a Hollywood insider, so I'm almost certain money, pride and ego gets in the way. :rolleyes:

6. Sapphire. I find it really beautiful. And blue. So it's already the best gem of all time. :p

7. The Bourne Series and the Lord Of The Rings.

8. Yes, I love anime. I started with Dragonball Z, then I made my way to the Fatal Fury series, Bleach, Naruto, and Cowboy Bebop. My favorite anime series of all time would definitely be Samurai Champloo, without a doubt.

9. Spring and fall. Not too hot, but not too cold.

10. I honestly don't know. Something that would bring the series back down to earth, down to its basic core principles.

11. 7.

12. Unicorns! Who wouldn't want a unicorn? :p

13. I'm trying to dethrone my old role models once I realized that nobody's infallible, so honestly I'm just trying to be the best role model for myself.

14. A Buffyverse amusement park! I believe there's a drawn out map of a would be amusement park somewhere around the interwebs. I mean, if Harry Potter can have one, we can have one!

15. Goofy! Because he's so....well, goofy! :D

16. Check back to question number 3. :p

17. I used to love The Game Of Life! Before the real game started to get on my nerves. Haha. Monopoly is also a classic.

18. Resident Evil 2! My favorite game franchise of all time, even though its classics are behind them, like 1-4, but I will still love it overall.

Ok, now time for the inportant stuff...
Italian or Mexican food?
Beer or wine?
Sweet or salty?
;)
1. UGH. Italian, but Mexican comes extremely close.

2. Beer. Wine only if I'm feeling fancy. ;)

3. I believe I answered that above, but a combination of both would be awesome sauce! :D

Puppet
Puppet
7 as favorite number, check! :)

Curious Pathos

"You're the one, Buffy."
What is your favourite scent of soap?

How do you feel about the monks' decision to turn the key human?

What is your least favourite episode of Buffy? Angel? Why?

Buffy and Drusilla have the same birthday [Janurary 19th]. Why do you think that is?

Do you like onesies? If so, what kind of onesie do you have? If not, why not?

Would you like the writers to introduce the concept of dhampir to the Buffyverse? If so, why? If not, why not?

What time of day is the best time for snow?

What do you like most about your avatar/profile picture?

Which animal has the best fur coat? Would you keep it as a pet?

Did Johnathan deserve to die in Season 7? If he should live, what would his role be in the narrative?

Would you rather be subjected to the world as it was in Nightmares or be stuck in the frat house in Fear, Itself? Why?

Did Riley make the right decision when he called in the military in Listening to Fear?

What is the wisest line ever spoken by a Buffyverse character?

What would your ideal birthday look like?

Do you prefer showers or baths? Why?

What do you think the Watcher's council does in their spare time?

How did the Shadowmen become the Watcher's council?

Who is the funniest Buffyverse character? What was their best funny moment?

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
Do you like musicals?

What's a cause you're passionate about?

I was in DC for the Jonas Blizzard a couple years ago. Any crazy memories from living there during it?

Living Dead Boy

Black Thorn
What is your favourite scent of soap?

How do you feel about the monks' decision to turn the key human?

What is your least favourite episode of Buffy? Angel? Why?

Buffy and Drusilla have the same birthday [Janurary 19th]. Why do you think that is?

Do you like onesies? If so, what kind of onesie do you have? If not, why not?

Would you like the writers to introduce the concept of dhampir to the Buffyverse? If so, why? If not, why not?

What time of day is the best time for snow?

What do you like most about your avatar/profile picture?

Which animal has the best fur coat? Would you keep it as a pet?

Did Johnathan deserve to die in Season 7? If he should live, what would his role be in the narrative?

Would you rather be subjected to the world as it was in Nightmares or be stuck in the frat house in Fear, Itself? Why?

Did Riley make the right decision when he called in the military in Listening to Fear?

What is the wisest line ever spoken by a Buffyverse character?

What would your ideal birthday look like?

Do you prefer showers or baths? Why?

What do you think the Watcher's council does in their spare time?

How did the Shadowmen become the Watcher's council?

Who is the funniest Buffyverse character? What was their best funny moment?
  1. Probably something warm, like vanilla.
  2. I felt like it made for exciting drama, for sure. Although the writers probably could have made the key an actual object like....a key, or a brush, maybe, but then that probably wouldn't be that much fun, wouldn't it? :p
  3. Gah. Least favorite episode of Buffy would probably be Inca Mummy Girl. That was the episode that screamed Goosebumps the most. In a bad way. For Angel, it's a little gem of an episode called She. I don't think I have to explain why, right? Nice idea, but horrible execution.
  4. Because they were both destined to boink Spike?....:confused:
  5. I actually do. They're nice and comfy! I have a grey and white one from Kohls.
  6. I wouldn't mind the idea, as long as its executed well.
  7. Morning. There's nothing like waking up to a nice, peaceful snowy morning.
  8. Um, the fact that @GwenRaiden made it. :) And Oz's shirt: respect women. So simple, yet people make it so hard.
  9. I never wore a fur coat, so I wouldn't know. Plus, animal cruelty isn't cool.
  10. No, he shouldn't have died! In fact, as much as I don't mind Andrew, the roles should've been reversed. Andrew should've died, and Jonathan should've stayed til the end. Come on, he was there since the beginning! Plus I believe Storyteller would've been even more effective than it already was.
  11. Wow. Both are horrible, but I might give Fear Itself an edge over Nightmares. At least the Fear Demon was tiny! But then again I probably wouldn't know that...
  12. No, he did what he thought was right. Which was always wrong. So. :p
  13. Glory's entire "I'm crazy?" speech in "The Weight Of The World."
  14. A trip to a beautiful sunkissed island with a few close friends and family members.
  15. Baths. I take showers mostly, but a good bath can cure any long hard day at the office.
  16. Watch Masterpiece Theatre. ;)
  17. I believe that since The First Slayer fled their village, they established the Watchers Council as a means to keep their future slayers in line, so to speak.
  18. Probably Anya, and my first instinct is to go her scenes with Willow in Triangle. Such an underrated comedy episode, and Anya was golden in it!
Do you like musicals?

What's a cause you're passionate about?

I was in DC for the Jonas Blizzard a couple years ago. Any crazy memories from living there during it?
  1. I do like musicals. The first musical movie I ever seen was Moulin Rouge. Then came Chicago, Rent, and Burlesque, to name a few.
  2. I am a social justice warrior and proud of it. The fact that people see something wrong with pointing out and exposing inequalities in the system is honestly scary.
  3. I was out there in it, shoveling up the snow and helping my neighbors do the same. I did get hit in the face by a snarky kid while leaving my house, thus starting a battle that lasted almost 20 minutes. Me and my roommate against about a dozen kids that came out of nowhere. Fun times. :D
So do you like honey roasted cashews?
Chipotle or Taco Bell?

or
?
  1. I do love honey roasted cashews, to be honest. I love nuts...no pun intended.
  2. Four cheese!!!! More cheese is the only way to go. ;)

Fool for Buffy
Fool for Buffy
"No pun intended" don't u act like that wasn't a COMPLETELY INTENTIONAL DOUBLE ENTENDRE :)
Do you have a favourite subject for discussion on the board?

Would you appear on a reality tv show?

If Faith came to you just before she came to Sunnydale and asked for advice, what would you tell her?

Curious Pathos

"You're the one, Buffy."
Why did the Knights of Byzantium go after the Key [ Dawn] and not the vessel [Ben]?

Do you think being a Justice Demon is a valid profession?

How many Hellmouths do you think there are?

If Robin Wood was a girl, do you think she would work better as a character in Season 7? Why?

What is your favourite seafood dish?

How do you feel about novelty socks?

Who makes those Vengence Power Amulets? How?

Why do you think Buffy got together with Riley at the end of Doomed?

How many breeds of demons are harmless, like Clemm? What does the dangerous demon to nice demon ratio look like?

Does Riley have a best line, scene, or moment? If so, what was it?

Do you think Giles was justified in leaving Buffy during Season 6?

Did you buy that Willow falls for Kennedy in Season 7? If so, why do you think Willow falls for Kennedy? If not, why didn't it work?

What is Buffy's worse moment as a character?

How do you feel about Anya's character arc being condensed into the episode Selfless? What impact did it have on season 7, as a whole?

HoppyHippy

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
What would your dream home look like?

If you could travel time and space, where would you go, and would you try to alter events or just observe them?

Living Dead Boy

Black Thorn
Do you have a favourite subject for discussion on the board?

Would you appear on a reality tv show?

If Faith came to you just before she came to Sunnydale and asked for advice, what would you tell her?
  1. Um...the meanings and the metaphors behind the show. I love a good philosophical discussion.
  2. If it promotes my music and my brand without tarnishing my image and making me into someone I'm not, sure, why Not?
  3. RUN AS FAR AWAY FROM SUNNYDALE AS POSSIBLE. But try Cleveland! :p
Why did the Knights of Byzantium go after the Key [ Dawn] and not the vessel [Ben]?

Do you think being a Justice Demon is a valid profession?

How many Hellmouths do you think there are?

If Robin Wood was a girl, do you think she would work better as a character in Season 7? Why?

What is your favourite seafood dish?

How do you feel about novelty socks?

Who makes those Vengence Power Amulets? How?

Why do you think Buffy got together with Riley at the end of Doomed?

How many breeds of demons are harmless, like Clemm? What does the dangerous demon to nice demon ratio look like?

Does Riley have a best line, scene, or moment? If so, what was it?

Do you think Giles was justified in leaving Buffy during Season 6?

Did you buy that Willow falls for Kennedy in Season 7? If so, why do you think Willow falls for Kennedy? If not, why didn't it work?

What is Buffy's worse moment as a character?

How do you feel about Anya's character arc being condensed into the episode Selfless? What impact did it have on season 7, as a whole?
  1. Wasn't the whole purpose of the Knights was to destroy the key? Key is way more important than the vessel. Or, do we suspect there may be some kind of connection?...
  2. I don't believe so, morally speaking. Two wrongs never made a right, but I guess demons live on their own terms.
  3. Approximately 3. Sunnydale, Cleveland, and Washington D.C. There's been a lot of evil circulating around these parts in recent years. Wonder why.
  4. It probably would've worked either way, but I'm glad we got Robin Wood. I didn't mind him nearly as much as some people.
  5. Shrimp alfredo. Yeah, I can put anything into pasta.
  6. I love novelty socks! I have two pairs, one with avocados on it, the other has, well, marijuana. :)
  7. I believe there's a Wolfram and Hart style headquarters in Arashmaharr according to the comics, so I'm sure they partnered up with Demon Jewels R Us to manufacture their amulets.
  8. Because she was desperate. Oops! :p
  9. I'd like to believe that overall, demons are just trapped by their circumstances, so it's probably an equal ratio of good Clemy demons and bad demons. Demons just get a bad rep.
  10. His "I am a lesbian" confession gave me chuckle. Haha.
  11. Overall, yes. If he felt that he needed to leave, then that was his right. A parent can't be around forever. Now, he could've waited a bit until Buffy was more together and back on her feet, but hey, he's an adult.
  12. I don't hate Kennedy like virtually everybody else, but I do think it was a matter of convenience.
  13. Dead Things is Buffy at her lowest, without a doubt. Yet it's that very episode that I find myself during my darkest moments through her. I relate immensely to her struggles.
  14. Selfless is one of my favorite episode of the entire series, yet I hate the fact that they never followed up with that. This was the only Anya centric episode and afterwards they completely forget about it. It's almost as if she didn't learn anything, and fell right back into "much needed sarcasm" girl.
Cats or dogs ?

If you have to color your hair, what color do you choose ?

Do you think we need money to be happy ?
  1. Dogs, without a doubt.
  2. Light brown, not too crazy.
  3. Money can never buy happiness, but in this world we're living in, it definitely helps.

What would your dream home look like?

If you could travel time and space, where would you go, and would you try to alter events or just observe them?
  1. A beach house. Literally. My ultimate dream is to live by the sea.
  2. I would go back in time to where we humans were hunter gatherer types, when life was pretty simple, comparatively speaking and just observe how they took care of their people and their tribe. We've got a lot to learn from our ancestors.
You missed 2) Chipotle or Taco Bell?
Oops, I'm sorry! And Chipotle, but not because of their new "cheese sauce". Which by the way, sucks. ;)

Antho
Antho
Yep I don't think we are happier without money :)
HoppyHippy
HoppyHippy
Great answer!
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
haven't been there in a while. Have you had the chorizo yet? Cuz it's awesome!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom