• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Secret Santa

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
@Cordy_Chase a few little gifts for you

Cordelia’s eyes began to water as she lit the expensive candle Aura had sent as a holiday treat. It had a fresh, piney scent and she breathed it in, remembering years of happy Christmases in Aspen. Hot cocoa by the fireplace, thick snow on the slopes, tons of presents — each year's bigger and better than the last.

Now it was all gone. No tree, no decorations, no excitement about what surprises she'd be tearing open in the morning. No Christmas magic.

Her dear friend was dead. A guy she thought that she might actually...She pushed the thought away.

Doyle was gone, and now she had to worry that any second, her Christmas Eve would be even more ruined by the searing pain of a vision.

A total bust of a holiday.

She had made a long, nearly silent drive with her mom out to the minimum security prison where her dad was being held. They'd lasted through about 45 minutes of faux joy under the florescent lights before it was too much for them all. Cordelia wasn't surprised when her mom claimed a headache and headed home instead of coming back to her apartment to celebrate.

She was all alone.

Out of nowhere, Christmas music swelled through the room. She had to smile a little. She wasn't *completely* alone. She had her very own holiday spirit.

"Thanks, Dennis," she said. "But I'm not really in the mood, if you don't mind."

The radio clicked off. Soon her robe and slippers were floating through the air toward her. She slipped them on and slumped back into the couch, wondering if she should just go to bed and sleep this all away.

A noise like a dying cat sounded outside.

"God rest ye merry gentlemen, let nothing you dismay..."

She jumped to her feet, annoyed at having to interrupt her brooding for some pathetic caroler.

"Remember Christ our Savior was born on Christmas Day..."

She opened the door.

The lame caroler was Angel.

He cut off his singing immediately and held a paper bag out toward her.

"I know you said you'd be with your family," he said, eying her slippers, "but I thought I'd take a chance and just check." He looked back up at her, all twitchy and awkward.

Cordelia shook her head in disbelief and took the bag. "Come on in."

Angel followed as she walked across the apartment and set the bag down. She pulled out grocery store Christmas cookies, a red-wrapped gift, and some canned food. She held up one of the cans and raised an eyebrow at Angel.

"The Spam is a joke," he said. "There's a real ham out in the car with Wesley. If it's OK, I'll go wave them in."

Cordelia smiled her biggest smile, warmth spreading through her chest. "Angel, it's more than OK."

A vampire, a rogue demon hunter, a ghost, and vision girl? Seemed like just the recipe for a little Christmas magic.

Last edited:
Mrs Gordo
Mrs Gordo
Lovely story!

Cordy_Chase

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Sineya
I absolutely love that little ficlet and the images.
Thanx a bunch secret Santa.

Cordy_Chase

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.
Sineya
Indeed very interesting effect with the animated hearts.
Photolab, is that a website I wonder, I've never heard of it.

Taake

Prophet of the Lord
Staff member
Black Thorn
Sadly, this is an archived post from last year. Not sure we're doing it this year.

Top Bottom