• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

SMG in The Big Bang Theory

vznspike

Townie
I followed TBBT sine it started to air back 12 years ago, even though I didn't enjoy the later seasons as much as the first few I still found it quite entertaining and enjoyable.
After all these years I'm sad to see it coming to an end, but I have to give it to the show runners, having SMG guest star in the very last episode was a real cherry on top and a great way to say goodbye to a great show about a bunch of nerds, that much like all of us here, saw their hero and role model in Buffy, with countless references throughout the years that always made me smile.
With a show that had as many iconic guest stars, specially pop culture related I was quite touched by the fact that it was their hero the final appearance.
Thank you SMG for your cameo, talk about saving the best for last

Spanky
Spanky
What is TBBT?
nightshade
nightshade
Edited the title

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
@vznspike I followed TBBT from when it started too, it feels kind of weird to think it's all over. Given that it's practically seen me through my 20s, it feels like the end of an era. :(

My favourite joke on the show has to be the C Men joke ;)

At least Young Sheldon is still going :)

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
I haven't kept up with Big Bang, I only seen the first 6 seasons. I'm not a big fan of the show, but I enjoy it enough. I do love Sheldon and Amy. When I heard that SMG was in the finale, I was like, yes! So now I must see this episode!

Hunga Munga

Potential
I'll look forward to seeing that finale :) .

I'm no devoted fan of Big Bang but I do find it a very watchable clever show . Chuck Lorre has been making me laugh for over 25 years . Apart from Two and a Half Men , which I kinda disliked intensely ;) . In the early days , he had a unusual quirky style which I found quite charming .

' Grace Under Fire' and 'Cybill' were decent shows . I have a very soft spot for 'Dharma and Greg' , which Big Bang Theory has always reminded me of .. Anyone jonesing for a Big Bang fix could do worse than a bit of Dharma and Greg . I think season 1 is quality .

sosa lola

Scooby
I've really enjoyed watching the last episode as well as the last episode of Young Sheldon's second season.

Willow Tara

Grr Argh - aka WhedonverseFan
Sineya
I really like this show! I have never watched all episodes in the correct order, but I have seen many episodes and some even 3 or 4 time :p lol. And I love the gags and all! I loved how Leonard tried to get Penny to watch Buffy! And Sheldon mentions it, because it continues in comic books :D Also love the Firefly references and cameos of Eliza Dushku, Nathan Fillion and Summer Glau!!! Really awesome that SMG has a cameo now!
Buffy & Firefly:
Buffy refernce in TBBT:
Some of the Firefly refernces in TBBT:
Nathan Fillion:
Summer Glau:
Eliza Dushku:
SMG:

Stanger406

Potential
I followed the entire series. I didn't love the last seasons, but I still enjoyed them. I'll miss the show. SMG's appearance was such a highlight. When they first mentioned her in the episode, I was thinking "NO WAY, she'd actually be in the episode, it'll just be a joke." Then when she was actually there, I was so excited!!

Kratos

Potential
I used to love the show, but lost interest in it 2-3 years ago for some reason. It’s still occasionally funny for me but not enough to be a fan. Just watched the series finale to see how it ended and it was okay imo. SMG was one of the best parts.

AlphaFoxtrot

Scooby
Ah, yes. Where Sheldon claimed the Iron Throne, with his Queen Consort, Blossom. Am I thinking of the right show?

Mr Trick

Scooby
Only seen a couple of episodes. Have no strong views. Its a light easy watch and I can see why its popular but its not really for me. Extra points for SMG appearing in the final episode of course:)

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
I was a huge fan to begin with. I think people forget how great it was because it's been on forever and is constantly repeated. Definitely ran out of steam after a few seasons though. I watched the finale last night and enjoyed it. Shame Sarah didn't have a few more lines.

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
I always love being a minority :p

For me, I had a hard time getting into the show because the early seasons were pretty meh for the most part. But with the introduction of first Bernadette and then Amy, it was like it finally found its stride and it just kept getting better with each season. I love the latter half of the show so much :D

Anyway, cool about SMG, I'm planning a rewatch now that it's done, so it'll be a while until I get to that final episode, but it'll happen!

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
For me, I had a hard time getting into the show because the early seasons were pretty meh for the most part. But with the introduction of first Bernadette and then Amy, it was like it finally found its stride and it just kept getting better with each season. I love the latter half of the show so much :D
I completely agree. I think the first few seasons were very much a will they/won't they with Leonard and Penny and that gets old after a while. By introducing Bernadette and Amy, not only does it give Penny more to do other than just being the object of Leonard's affections (and the show finally got them together) but it also expands the story for the other characters. Howard and Bernadette got together then got married and had kids whilst Amy began Shamy which ultimately was the most popular ship on the show. Both Howard and Sheldon grew into better people as a result of Bernadette and Amy.

sosa lola

Scooby
I actually love the show. The early seasons were funnier than the later ones IMO, and I personally like Penny better in the earlier seasons before they dubbed her alcoholic and every joke is about her love for drinking. On the other hand, Howard is much, much, much better in the later seasons after he fell in love with Bernadette.

Taake
Taake
Completely agree on Penny, the drinking jokes got old really fast
Top Bottom