• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

The Totally Random Thread (Part 9)

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐢
Literally heard about this as I was exiting the theater. His 13 year old daughter & few others died too. It's just sad! :(

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra πŸ’€
Black Thorn
Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash. I know nothing of basketball, but I had heard of him. Only 41 years old, far too young.
I cannot tell you how HUGE this news is. He was definitely one of the legendary players, and he was a Laker (before the Lakers started to suck). I'm not a major basketball fan, but I respected Kobe Bryant. He died with his 13 year old daughter and two other people. To say its tragic is an understatement. Killed in a helicopter crash. (You'd NEVER get me in a helicopter, even before this) Oh God, his poor wife! And his other daughters. 😰

I'm sure there's going to be tributes, memorials, speeches, and all kinds of things here in Los Angeles. It hasn't even begun to get out of hand, but it will.

HowiMetdaSlayer

I HATE, with the heat of a nova, when they try to force characters on TV shows into romantic relationships, cause writers/creators can't distinguish between platonic & romantic chemistry. Gah! 😩

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
I HATE, with the heat of a nova, when they try to force characters on TV shows into romantic relationships, cause writers/creators can't distinguish between platonic & romantic chemistry. Gah! 😩
What have you been watching? :D

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra πŸ’€
Black Thorn
I'm an emotional person, but I've never understood why people get so dramatic and overwrought about the death of a celebrity they never knew. I mean, I was devastated when Mitch Lucker was killed in a motorcycle crash...but I didn't take to the streets and hold up signs or anything. Then again, that's just me.

Kobe Bryant's death is shocking and unexpected, yes. But seeing people actually crying and hugging each other in the streets is a bit much. Things are getting mental, yet I kind of knew they would. And I'm SURE that our mayor will find a way to include himself in all the drama. Just you watch. Charisma Carpenter and other C-listers have already taken to Instagram and Twitter...trying to use Kobe's death as a way to direct attention to themselves.

Last edited:

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Stretching my ears (been over a year now) and getting ready to go to the next size, and what happens? I get a zit right on the edge of the hole...that timing, though.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra πŸ’€
Black Thorn
Can you believe this? I tripped, and banged my knee on the floor. Its swollen and hurts like hell. Went to the doctor this morning, and found out it's a meniscus tear. Really bad timing! (Also sprained my left thumb trying to break my fall) I work tomorrow, and nothing's going to keep me from it. This job pays really well, and I'm not going to let my current situation ruin it. Sucks, though. Especially since the employee break room is at the top of some wicked stairs. So, I'll grin and bear it. I want this job, and I'll just concentrate on not limping. Have to get an MRI done soon, just to see how bad this is. I just can't believe this shit happened right after I got the job. Right now, I'm sitting here with my knee propped up on a pillow, applying ice every few hours. 🀬

Last edited:
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
good luck!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra πŸ’€
Black Thorn
I'm eating spaghetti (covered in cheese) with french fries (covered in ranch dressing). It is SO GOOD. The fries are crinkle cut, and homemade. The spaghetti is also homemade, with sauteed onions and ground beef. 🐷 But now I'm out of cheese! I can't be in a house without cheese. SOMEBODY HELP MEEEEE...

I have a few packets of sweet and sour sauce from McDonald's...occasionally dipping fries in it. I wish I'd grabbed some barbecue sauce as well. πŸ–

Last edited:
Give Us A Kiss
Give Us A Kiss
How do you eat big piles of food without getting fat ? If I ate as much as you did I'd get fat very quickly...

Nix

Evil Nix 😈 πŸ¦„ Unicorn of Death!
Sineya
Ordered my French for Dummies book and dictionary LOL.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Sorry Nix I read that post all wrong, I read that post by Nix as, 'French Fries for Dummies,' oops. What made me think of that? I soon realised it was Anyanka Bunny Slayer going on about the fries from MacDonalds.

Nix do you know that the French Rugby League club Catalonia Dragons is about to hit the news big time due to their signing of the loud mouthed homophobic Christian Falau. He has stated on the internet that all non straight sexually orienteered people will go to hell.

• Wow
Reactions: Nix

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra πŸ’€
Black Thorn
Sorry Nix I read that post all wrong, I read that post by Nix as, 'French Fries for Dummies,' oops. What made me think of that? I soon realised it was Anyanka Bunny Slayer going on about the fries from MacDonalds.
No, I was talking about fries that I made at home. Crinkly cut and quite good. Though I will definitely get some McDonald's on Friday...my first paycheck from my new job! It won't be huge since I just started, but I'd forgotten that there's an upside to working a "normal" job: getting paid every week. Woo Hoo!!!! πŸŒΉπŸŒΈπŸ’πŸ¦‹πŸŒ·πŸ¦œπŸ¦†

HowiMetdaSlayer

I get paid every other week. Pretty much the usual retail hades kind of deal. On the other hand, it pays rather well & has excellent PTO. :)

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra πŸ’€
Black Thorn
There's a chance I might be "promoted" to the bakery. 😁 I happened to mention to the company's recruiter that I'd LOVE to work in the bakery, and she said, "Really? I can fast track your promotion there if you like." Huh??!! Wow. I guess my professional side is impressing the right people! I'd be in heaven around all the cakes, cookies, and pies. 😈 No, we're not allowed to sample anything....and I wouldn't put my job at risk by stuffing pastries in my mouth while anyone's looking. I'm still in shock that I can be promoted so soon! 😎

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
good luck!
Top Bottom