• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Top Tens #6

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Top Ten Films from 2017 I Want to Watch
  1. Get Out - A young African-American visits his white girlfriend's parents for the weekend, where his simmering uneasiness about their reception of him eventually reaches a boiling point.
  2. Call Me by Your Name - In 1980s Italy, romance blossoms between a seventeen-year-old student and the older man hired as his father's research assistant.
  3. Lady Bird - In 2002, an artistically inclined seventeen-year-old girl comes of age in Sacramento, California.
  4. Ingrid Goes West - An unhinged social media stalker moves to LA and insinuates herself into the life of an Instagram star.
  5. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - A mother personally challenges the local authorities to solve her daughter's murder when they fail to catch the culprit.
  6. Coco - Aspiring musician Miguel, confronted with his family's ancestral ban on music, enters the Land of the Dead to find his great-great-grandfather, a legendary singer.
  7. The Babysitter - The events of one evening take an unexpected turn for the worst for a young boy trying to spy on his babysitter.
  8. The Disaster Artist - When Greg Sestero, an aspiring film actor, meets the weird and mysterious Tommy Wiseau in an acting class, they form a unique friendship and travel to Hollywood to make their dreams come true.
  9. What Happened to Monday - In a world where families are limited to one child due to overpopulation, a set of identical septuplets must avoid being put to a long sleep by the government and dangerous infighting while investigating the disappearance of one of their own.
  10. I, Tonya - Competitive ice skater Tonya Harding rises amongst the ranks at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships, but her future in the activity is thrown into doubt when her ex-husband intervenes.
Honorable Mentions:
The Greatest Showman - Celebrates the birth of show business and tells of a visionary who rose from nothing to create a spectacle that became a worldwide sensation.
Baby Driver - After being coerced into working for a crime boss, a young getaway driver finds himself taking part in a heist doomed to fail.
Revenge - Never take your mistress on an annual guys' getaway, especially one devoted to hunting - a violent lesson for three wealthy married men.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
♥ Lady Bird!
Baby Driver's a fun ride

Give Us A Kiss

Fuffy Apologist
Sineya
Top Ten Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream flavors:
1.Peanut Butter Cup.
2.Cinnamon Bun.
3.Phish Food.
4.Karamel Sutra.
5.Chubby Hubby.
6.Vanilla Toffee Crunch.
7.New York Super Fudge Chunk.
8.Chocolate Fudge Brownie.
9.Cookie Dough.
10.Dulce De Leche.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Top Ten Films from 2018/2019/2020 I Want to Watch
  1. Free Guy - A bank teller discovers that he's actually an NPC inside a brutal, open-world video game.
  2. Upgrade - Set in the near-future, technology controls nearly all aspects of life. But when the world of Grey, a self-labeled technophobe, is turned upside down, his only hope for revenge is an experimental computer chip implant.
  3. Black Widow - A film about Natasha Romanoff in her quests between the films Civil War and Infinity War.
  4. Jay and Silent Bob Reboot - Jay and Silent Bob return to Hollywood to stop a reboot of the 'Bluntman and Chronic' movie from getting made.
  5. Jojo Rabbit - A young boy in Hitler's army finds out his mother is hiding a Jewish girl in their home.
  6. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - Teen Miles Morales becomes Spider-Man of his reality, crossing his path with five counterparts from other dimensions to stop a threat for all realities.
  7. The Spy Who Dumped Me - Audrey and Morgan are best friends who unwittingly become entangled in an international conspiracy when one of the women discovers the boyfriend who dumped her was actually a spy.
  8. Gretel & Hansel - A long time ago in a distant fairy tale countryside, a young girl leads her little brother into a dark wood in desperate search of food and work, only to stumble upon a nexus of terrifying evil.
  9. Parasite - Greed and class discrimination threaten the newly formed symbiotic relationship between the wealthy Park family and the destitute Kim clan.
  10. Midsommar - A couple travels to Sweden to visit a rural hometown's fabled mid-summer festival. What begins as an idyllic retreat quickly devolves into an increasingly violent and bizarre competition at the hands of a pagan cult.
I guess I've been watching a lot of recent films in the past few years, cause I could not fill a single list for any of these three years. And now it's done and I can start actually watching the films on these lists :D

Athene
Athene
Good luck with Midsommar

Ghost Boy

Scooby
Top Ten Films from 2018/2019/2020 I Want to Watch
  1. Free Guy - A bank teller discovers that he's actually an NPC inside a brutal, open-world video game.
  2. Upgrade - Set in the near-future, technology controls nearly all aspects of life. But when the world of Grey, a self-labeled technophobe, is turned upside down, his only hope for revenge is an experimental computer chip implant.
  3. Black Widow - A film about Natasha Romanoff in her quests between the films Civil War and Infinity War.
  4. Jay and Silent Bob Reboot - Jay and Silent Bob return to Hollywood to stop a reboot of the 'Bluntman and Chronic' movie from getting made.
  5. Jojo Rabbit - A young boy in Hitler's army finds out his mother is hiding a Jewish girl in their home.
  6. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - Teen Miles Morales becomes Spider-Man of his reality, crossing his path with five counterparts from other dimensions to stop a threat for all realities.
  7. The Spy Who Dumped Me - Audrey and Morgan are best friends who unwittingly become entangled in an international conspiracy when one of the women discovers the boyfriend who dumped her was actually a spy.
  8. Gretel & Hansel - A long time ago in a distant fairy tale countryside, a young girl leads her little brother into a dark wood in desperate search of food and work, only to stumble upon a nexus of terrifying evil.
  9. Parasite - Greed and class discrimination threaten the newly formed symbiotic relationship between the wealthy Park family and the destitute Kim clan.
  10. Midsommar - A couple travels to Sweden to visit a rural hometown's fabled mid-summer festival. What begins as an idyllic retreat quickly devolves into an increasingly violent and bizarre competition at the hands of a pagan cult.
I guess I've been watching a lot of recent films in the past few years, cause I could not fill a single list for any of these three years. And now it's done and I can start actually watching the films on these lists :D
Hey Puppet.

There was an interesting German historical film released in 2018 called Never Look Away, you might like it.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Satanic Panda
Black Thorn
Top Ten Funniest Supernatural Scenes:

1. "It's very complex. If the pizza man truly loves this babysitter, why does he keep slapping her rear? Perhaps she has done something wrong."
  2. "These tacos taste funny to you?"
  3. "What happened?" "I found a liquor store." "And?" "I drank it."
  4. "And at 4:30, there is the Homo-erotic subtext of Supernatural."
  5. “I’m not gonna die in a hospital where the nurses aren’t even hot.”
  6. "This isn't funny, Dean! The voice says I'm almost out of minutes!"
  7. "You know what? Blow me, Cas!"
  8. "Dude, I don't want to get hit in the nuts!"
  9. "I like to think it's my perky nipples."
  10. "You smell like sex."

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Top Ten Trickster/Gabriel Episodes on Supernatural
  1. Changing Channels
  2. Mystery Spot
  3. Unfinished Business
  4. Hammer of the Gods
  5. Tall Tales
  6. Meta Fiction
  7. Bring 'em Back Alive
  8. Exodus
  9. Beat the Devil
  10. Devil's Bargain

Athene
Athene
I think Mystery Spot is the best

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
@Athene I think Mystery Spot is the best

If we're just talking episodes, I totally agree, but the point was the best with the character of Gabriel in mind; he's barely in Mystery Spot, but his appearance in Changing Channels is crucial to the plot and opens up his character sooo much more. Hence putting it first :)

Athene
Athene
Fair enough both are good episodes anyway

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Top Ten Shows with Pilot Episodes Titled Pilot
  1. Revolution
  2. This Is Us
  3. The Americans
  4. Agents of Shield
  5. Pretty Little Liars
  6. Veronica Mars
  7. Married...with Children
  8. How I Met Your Mother
  9. Desperate Housewives
  10. My Name Is Earl
Honorable Mentions: American Horror Story. The Big Bang Theory. Dead Like Me. Ghost Whisperer. Moonlighting. New Girl.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Top Ten Film Directors who I would like to see all of their back catalogues

1. Alfred Hitchcock
2. Akira Kurosawa
3. Federico Fellini
4. Michael Powell
5. Ingmar Bergman
6. Billy Wilder
7. Jean Renoir
8. Claire Denis
9. Dario Argento
10. Kathryn Bigelow

Mentions, David Cronenberg, Woody Allen, Jane Campion, Stanley Kubrick.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
Altman didn't make the cut?

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
@Nix I'd love to see your version of this!

Top Ten The Vampire Diaries Characters
  1. Damon Salvatore
  2. Caroline Forbes
  3. Alaric Saltzman
  4. Katherine Pierce
  5. Tyler Lockwood
  6. Matt Donovan
  7. Stefan Salvatore
  8. Niklaus Mikaelson
  9. Elena Gilbert
  10. Bonnie Bennett

Reactions: Nix

Nix

🤪
Sineya
@Puppet

Top Ten The Vampire Diaries Characters
Klaus
Damon
Elijah
Alaric
Caroline
Cole
Lexi
Bonnie
Jeremy
Matt

Yer I have a big weakness for The Originals and don't really like Nina Dobrev so I find Elena and Katherine hard to connect with.

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
Top 10 shows I am looking forward to watching

1. Umbrella Academy s2
2. Motherland Fort Salem
3. The Haunting or Bly Manor
4. Avatar the Last Airbender (remake)
5. Killing Eve s3
6. Stranger Things s4
7. 3% s4
8. Handmaid's Tale s4