• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Unpopular Opinions

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
I like Spiderman 3 (2007), it was better than both of the Andrew Garfield movies.
Tobey Maguire is Spiderman and always will be. He embodied both Peter Parker and Spidey. The actor captures that unique combination of humor, vulnerability and strength that is the character.

I am old enough to have read the original comic book character from my friend's 60s and 70s comics. No one else has ever balanced the character as well as Tobey.

Priceless

Scooby
I watched the first episode of Sex Education and thought it was rubbish. Everyone else loves it. They are all wrong.

Give Us A Kiss
Give Us A Kiss
You're back !

I personally like it, but I can live with being wrong :)
The Bronze
The Bronze
I thought the same. Assumed it might just be my lack of patience.

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
The reason why the later seasons of Buffy are more divisive than the earlier seasons is because almost everyone can relate to the "high school is hell" metaphor. Not many people can relate to the "adulthood sucks" of the later seasons because life doesn't automatically turn to crap the moment you turn 20.

FaithLehane16
FaithLehane16
Both are hell.

katmobile

Scooby
The reason why the later seasons of Buffy are more divisive than the earlier seasons is because almost everyone can relate to the "high school is hell" metaphor. Not many people can relate to the "adulthood sucks" of the later seasons because life doesn't automatically turn to crap the moment you turn 20.
I would agree with an extent what I dispute is the not many assertion, I'd qualify it to not everyone, also some people appreciate the later seasons later in life when they face those problems. What some people experience is so horrible they bounce right off seeing the echo of it on screen even more sadly some experience it before they even reach adulthood.
One thing I'd like everyone to try and take away is not everyone experiences the series the same way and that's ok as long as they don't judge others.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
One thing I'd like everyone to try and take away is not everyone experiences the series the same way and that's ok as long as they don't judge others.
I think that's a bit of a tall order, you can't expect to control how people think and feel, which is what judgment is. I think a better way to phrase it is try to be as pleasant as you can when engaging in discourse and don't be a jerk to anyone just because their opinion differs to yours. Disagree, yes, but don't engage in ad hominem attacks.

Priceless

Scooby
I absolutely loved Kylie's Matesong! It made me love Aus even more and want to go. It amazes me that it makes some people cringe, I think it's brilliant!

katmobile

Scooby
I hate the Bangel snog in End of Days with a fiery passion - it's there solely to pander to the Bangel shippers and create a cliffhanger about Spike might go off the rails. I also hate 'sometimes I do think that far' at the end of the cookie dough speech which it mostly awesome.
Now....on here that's probably close to heresey.

I'm not talking about Trump ..... It tends to lead to me getting very depressed.

'Him not good....quite the opposite in fact, in fact he's a total bleep, One way looking at it, he's a total bleep, what a bleep, What a bleepy bleep bleep' - that will make no sense to anyone who hasn't seen Jerry Springer: The Opera

DeepBlueJoy

Lion Faced Kitteh
Straight white males shouldn't be blamed for everything wrong with the world in the name of "wokeness"
Agreed. I hate shorthand, kneejerk tarring of whole classes of people. Even when *some* of that class of people do bad things.No matter their race or other group. That way lies madness and hate and often murder. First people blame, then they justify horrible (Germany, Rwanda). Let us take people as individuals and humans. ALL people. The real enemy is narrow minded, tribal thinking. It is always wrong.

- signed,
A liberal, bisexual, black, religious woman, married to a straight, southern, atheist white man.

thrasherpix
thrasherpix
I barely know you, and don't know your husband at all, but based on this post alone you both give me a little more hope for the human race. I don't know if there is a "root of evil" (like many say about greed), but if there is I'd say it's tribalism

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
DeepBlueJoy,
what a wonderful thought, Trump declaring himself a life long dictator. Then he (America) can join Scott Morrison of Australia in being a communist state with China.
Thing is China has done more than America and Australia to promote solar power plants.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
It seemed as though Donald Trump was trying to start a nuclear war with North Korea, he failed.
Then he tried to get China, he failed.
So he turned his attentions to Iran, he couldn't even do that properly.
Now he is having another go at Israel v Palestine.
WHY?
Anyone asked what happened to the wall he promised Mexico would pay for?
That became a fence that America is paying for.

How unpopular is my opinion?

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Tom Cruise was amazing as Lestat in Interview with a Vampire and I wish they would've made a Vampire Lestat movie right after that one, one focused more on how he was turned and the pre-Louis days. That way you can keep Queen of the damned as well which isn't as bad as people sometimes say it is. The Tom Cruise look for Lestat would work so well for a deep dive into his background.
Sacrilege!!!! :p There's only one Lestat, and that's Stuart Townsend.

Anne has said that she had Rutger Hauer in mind when she created the character of Lestat. But, by the time of the film(s) he'd gotten too old. Pity. Rutger DEFINITELY would've made a great Lestat.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
seriously? 😵
agree on the young Hauer part, though
DeadlyDuo
DeadlyDuo
Rice also said she was wrong for ever doubting Cruise and thought he made a great Lestat after she'd seen his performance.
Top Bottom