• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Vampire Ball

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
It used to be in November before, so maybe it's just moved back as tickets sold better earlier in the year

Kerri

Chosen One
Yup, but now we have Tom Lenk coming.
Will you be there?

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
Not this year, however I plan to go again next year, the move to December has made it hard for me to go. Although I have already met most of the ones going this year

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
The 10th Vampire Ball is 18th-20th October 2019 at the Hilton Metropole Birmingham.

I'm trying to resist the urge to buy my ticket now, October is a much better time of year for me

Last edited:

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
Ok gave in and bought a Gold Ticket!

First guests announced are:

J August Richards
Vincent Kartheiser

Although I've already met them, it has been a few years, and I'm sure Vincent will have changed a lot in over 10 years!

Athena

I'm not what you think I am
Staff member
Black Thorn
Ok gave in and bought a Gold Ticket!

First guests announced are:

J August Richards
Vincent Kartheiser

Although I've already met them, it has been a few years, and I'm sure Vincent will have changed a lot in over 10 years!
I can only find tickets for 2018 - do you have a link?

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
Jonathan Woodward and Keith Szarabajka will be there! So far it's all guys and all ones I've met but still looking to be a fun event!

Got a female: Charisma Carpenter is going!

Last edited:

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
So I thought I had bought a ticket for this, but knew the email hadn't come through, so as I was looking at my bank statement today looked for it on there, nope no money taken out. So I've now finally bought a ticket for this!

DagonSphere

Potential
I have never gone to a convention before, but seeing that Charisma and J are gonna be there this year has me seriously considering it, even though I'd also feel very shy to go to that sort of event. Can anyone tell me what I could expect if I went?

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
I've done a fair few of these!

Friday is registration and if you have a gold ticket meet and greet. Otherwise it's just party time.

Saturday is when everything really kicks off, it's usually split into talks for one half of the day and autos the other half, photos can be throughout the day.

You're in batches of usually 50 depending on your ticket number, so 1-50 might be doing autos with one group and group 200-250 might be doing autos with another.

Saturday night is the fancy dress parade and then party,

Sunday is essentially the same during the day, with another party at night.

You can buy a badger to get extra autographs, or you can get a 10x8 sized photo for usually £10 which includes an auto. You do get a free auto with your ticket but either need to bring something to be signed or use the included con booklet.

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
I want a few guests I haven't met, but these ones will definitely bring a party!

nightshade

Plotting and planning
Staff member
Black Thorn
Amy Acker is going to be there! She was one of the first ones I met and it's been a fair few years since I met her so that will be good.

Top Bottom