thrasherpix
Scooby
- Joined
- Mar 13, 2016
- Messages
- 5,326
- Age
- 43
I saw the vid and glad it wasn't as vitriolic as most who complain about Xander's character. I didn't agree with him but I didn't think he was being absurd (like making things up and making mountains out of molehills) about it. I'm just going to say I don't see eye to eye with him on that.
Also, the first time I watched Buffy I liked Willow more than Xander. However, on 2nd viewing (and remaining for subsequent rewatches) I found myself liking Xander a bit more and Willow a bit less (still love both) so they're neck to neck, I can't declare one a favorite over the other.
That said I've criticized Xander before, but I've criticized all the characters at one time or another. That doesn't mean I hate them. I actually like that they're flawed. And I do see Xander as overcoming his flaws as the show goes in despite his (and everyone's) regressions in season 6.
Also, the first time I watched Buffy I liked Willow more than Xander. However, on 2nd viewing (and remaining for subsequent rewatches) I found myself liking Xander a bit more and Willow a bit less (still love both) so they're neck to neck, I can't declare one a favorite over the other.
That said I've criticized Xander before, but I've criticized all the characters at one time or another. That doesn't mean I hate them. I actually like that they're flawed. And I do see Xander as overcoming his flaws as the show goes in despite his (and everyone's) regressions in season 6.