• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Wow... Btvs: Giles goes back to school!

this looks interesting?
https://www.avclub.com/joss-whedon-takes-giles-back-to-school-in-this-btvs-gi-1819139424

Now Giles is a teenager, and it’s time for him to do what teens do: go to high school. Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Giles is a four-issue miniseries debuting on February 28 that enrolls Giles in an inner-city public school to investigate the mysterious disappearance of teachers, and Buffy creator Joss Whedon is teaming up with writer Erika Alexander, artist Jon Lam, and colorist Dan Jackson to explore this new phase in Giles’ life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grace

Evil Olive
Black Thorn
I'm excited for this! I hope it's good! I thought it would just be forgotten since we hadn't heard anything.

Fuffy Baith

2017 (and 2016) Cutest BB member
Sineya
This actually looks pretty cool. Giles back in school is awesome!

Sineya
There is a whole galaxy of possibilities for where they could take this story. It will be interesting to see where they choose. Will there be a supernatural club in the school that follows his Ripper days? Will he have to deal with racism, bullying, violence, political correctness, romance and maybe even technology? Let's see where the stories go.

buffy1990

"Every now and then, people surprise you."
I think I'll be reading this! Looks interesting!

That's actually awesome! I heard about this a year or so ago, but figured nothing would come of it.

I can't wait to read this, and I will be critiquing Joss very harshly.

This is great news! I'm really looking forward to reading this now. Four issues sounds perfect to have a good look at Giles' school life. I hope this is also a good sign that there's still life in the Buffyverse and we will get a S12

Grace

Evil Olive
Black Thorn
Has anyone read Erika Alexander's Concrete Park? This announcement made me curious about her other comics work.

P
Priceless
No I haven't seen any of her work before
Top Bottom