• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Your First.. .. ..

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Yeah I know, I've asked before and I'll ask again but there are so many new folk on the boards now.
So,
Name the group of the first concert you went to,

Name the group who made the first long play record/ CD you bought.

With me it was Hawkwind in Birmingham UK

The first long play vinyl record I bought was WATT by Ten Years After4

Last edited:

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Name the group of the first concert you went to
My first concert was Justin Timberlake's Future/Sex Love Show in 2007 when I was 18.
I can't remember the first CD I owned (I didn't buy it, I would have gotten it from my parents) but it was probably either Aaron Carter's first album or Spice Girls. The first one I bought (many years later) I think that was Green Day's Dookie which is still one of my all-time favorite albums.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
My first concert was the Beachboys with a heavy metal group, Screamer, opening for them. There was a delay of about an hour while they tried to wake up the drummer for the Beachboys and sober him up. The second one I went to was iconic - Electric Light Orchestra with Meatloaf opening.

I don't remember the first vinyl I bought but the first CD was "The Best of Moody Blues". I listened to "Your Wildest Dreams", "The Voice" and "I Know She's Out There Somewhere" in endless rotation until Cujo, my Samoyed, decided he liked the CD - as a snack.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
I do like listening to The Moody Blues, a DVD I have is 'Amazing Caves" about the search for extremophiles.

Nix

Evil Nix 😈
Sineya
Name the group of the first concert you went to?
Bucks Fizz (LMFAO - NOT through choice!! My mum was a big fan)
First through choice was a Big Day Out festival in Brighton UK... There I went to see Korn.

Name the group who made the first long play record/ CD you bought?

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Korn, mmmm, Queen of the Damned. Good, good, good.

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Name the group of the first concert you went to.
It was either....
Motorhead - 'Overkill' tour I think
or
AC/DC - 'Highway to Hell' tour
Memory not good enough to remember which came first......some time in 1979 anyhoo.......I think :cool:

No idea about the first LP.....Possibly ABBA :oops: when I was very young & had a major crush on the Red-head ;)
As for the first CD.....Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms (This was one of the first albums released on CD in the UK so it was a lot of folks first one :D )

Ethan Reigns
Ethan Reigns
Brothers in Arms was the first CD to break one million in sales.

TriBel

Scooby
Name the group of the first concert you went to,
Can't remember - it was either George McCrae or Edwin Starr at a Soul All-Nighter.

Name the group who made the first long play record/ CD you bought
Probably The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars or Motown Chartbusters Vol 3.

I do know the first Single I bought was Hey Jude.

CD
Yup - Dire Straits.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Ziggy Stardust!! ❤

kalike123

Townie
Johnny Mathis.

First one without dear old mom was a local band. First big one was Cyndi Lauper/Eddie Money/Thompson Twins.

Halfway through one of his big hits, Eddie Money just stopped singing. Said he was sick of singing that song. The band stopped playing, one by one. They were unprepared for that. So were we.

I guess I can understand them getting sick of doing their jobs, but we ALL get sick of it. We don't all get to say, "You know, I've hung thousands of bags of antibiotics. I just don't feel like it again, so I think I'll skip that part of my job today." Spoiled celebrity behavior!

Luckily, I got to hear him sing it for free, 30 years later, when he was playing at Epcot.

I guess we are even now. :)

white avenger

white avenger
Paul Revere and the Raiders, back when they were still wearing the Colonial costumes, Their backup band was the Turtles. (Yeah, I'm THAT old!)

About all I remember of the experience was the heat, the crowd, and the music so loud that all you could hear was the vibration inside your skull.

The Bronze

Rogue Demon Hunter
Black Thorn
So I was a late starter with music and have also had an up and down relationship with buying rather than downloading or streaming. The first CD I remember actually going out to buy though was The Calling - Camino Palmero. Think it only had 2 decent songs on it 😄
Name the group of the first concert you went to
I'd been to the odd concert or show with parents or whatever but the first proper gig I went to was Good Charlotte at the Hammersmith Palais back in 2005. The Young and the Hopeless was my favourite album at the time and opened up a whole new genre for me. I remember finding out they were going to play in London and asking if anyone would want to come with me. Surprisingly enough we got a group of 8 together, all new to live music.

I remember not even having a clue what to wear or what to do. Had the whole experience in the end though. Sold a spare ticket outside, had drinks confiscated inside. We were at the balcony and a couple of us lost our voices singing, completed covered in sweat from dancing. Chatting to strangers and having a singalong on the way home on the bus.

This really ignited my love of live music which continues today. Quality here isn't great but someone took a camera in and that's very close to where we were standing.

Top Bottom