• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Your local news?

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya

No vax no pay, except when the doctors muck up ya paperwork... The future will be fun. Robots are more acceptable to blame than almighty doctors.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
The way I understood that newspaper article was that the doctors and nurses who didn't vaccinate children were the ones who told parents that the vaccinations procedure was not complete. (What The Flipping heck?)
If the senior hospital officials and Australian Medical Association wallies knew what they were doing they would realize that if only 1 in every 10 kids was vaccinated to say that the vaccine does not work is stupid.

And lets face it, when stupid wallies inform intelligent people (parents) that they are wrong the stupid people need other stupid people (newspaper journalists) to support their claims.

Will robots ruin the future of mankind? Only if those robots are programmed by Medical Professionals or Politicians.

AshSlays

WOW, Sarcasm, that's original!
The cursed area of tons of sweet tea (Arkansas)
Black Thorn
Fixing up the Ballpark
Dress drop off
Victim of October arson dies
Volunteer bookkeeper jailed, ordered to repay stolen money
Health officials: E-cigarettes pose health risk for teens

Those are the top five. Arkansas sure is... interesting. We're one of the lighter towns as well.

Nix

Evil Nix 😈
Sineya
A man has died following a crash involving a BMW and a 4x4 towing a trailer in Newchapel a small village near Lingfield.

Sad news today.

There is a car overturned in a ditch at the end of a road near us too with police tape around it!

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya

Poor dear knocked down for a bag of peas. Really don't have much sympathy for her. I know the area well, and those who own there are extremely rich, next suburb over from some extremely poor. I really doubt she was knocked unconscious, probably fainted at the sight of a starving person.

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Yeah, how dare she win the lottery?

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
W

WillowFromBuffy

Local Artwork Mocked on Comedy Panel Show
It's not as weird as it looks like. Carrots were a big deal where I grew up. I spent many hours on my knees pulling out these things and throwing them into bucket.

Octavia
Octavia
It's no surprise that you got on your knees for these.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya

This one is a bit sad :( I climbed this mountain last year as an unfit fatty with a bung ankle. There have been at least 3 major emergencies since then. I think this is the first death though. What a way to go. Great views.

I'd planned to do the mountain next door but the ladies at the office warned me off going solo. I thought they were just being lazy wimps.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Is there something in the West Australian air. I have a problem with my left leg below the knee, the doctor said my heart was the cause. I mentioned that to three other doctors and none of them could think what my doctor meant.
But the best is the town council, the said that burning is allowed from today (15th May). Given that we have had nearly 2ml of rain this year PLUS there is a lack of water, the dams have been topped up by sea water being de-salinized for years now so if a bushfire takes hold it could ruin the National voting day on Saturday. Poor political parties

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
The news made me gloriously happy today :) Page 10 and 11 of the West, pretty much an entire spread on what I've been ranting about the last 4 years... They dont call us "wait awhile" for nothing. Took the press that long to catch up, it'll take the general public a while longer. Stories included - Homelessness causing suicide, antidepressants tripling the chance of dementia, "Jesus" being deemed an offensive word with christians speaking out and Doctors being charged for sexual abuses. I feel satisfied now what I screamed so much about is being heard. They even mentioned the extreme nausea caused by antidepressant use and so I am much less upset about the people who tease me about being so affected by "tummy aches".

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
So much has changed about WA since the internet became a fact of life. It was said that WA used to close at each weekend, I laughed at that then found it was right. I saw five 'objects' in the early morning sky one Saturday morning, wanting to know what they were I rang the Western Australian Perth airport and got Melbourne airport as Perth airport was shut.
But to blame the newspapers as a bit behind the times is ludicrous at that implies they were once an intelligent entity, heck only ten years ago they stated that WW2 in Europe was over when everyone knows that Germany didn't surrender until 1993.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Ok. I am mostly only reading the west these days when I duck into the cafe. Todays front page - City kids being sent to boarding school - on the rise. I was doing that before it was cool. I wonder if they'll end up with issues too haha. Maybe I can start planning my retreat for them now. LOL.

Faith 2019

Woman verses Woman
The city I live in, the city council is debating of building a new homeless shelter. The problem of homelessness were I live in is mostly seasonal. Most of the homeless build up during the Fall and the Spring. During the summer they move to the north because it is too hot outside and during the winter they go to Florida. I feel sorry for a number of them, mostly mothers with a child. There is a church close to me were the homeless sleeps in the woods owned by the church. The police check the church parking lot around every hour to arrest them. The church does not want them arrested by they are powerless when it comes to the police.

Octavia
Octavia
Yeah it sucks. Similar to here.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
They beat me to it :( Maybe they'll let me join them ;)

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya

Now these ones are starting to upset me again. When I said it in 2015, I was a "raving looney with cognitive dissonance" but when a rich bloke says it, its true.

thrasherpix

Scooby

Now these ones are starting to upset me again. When I said it in 2015, I was a "raving looney with cognitive dissonance" but when a rich bloke says it, its true.
Don't know the details, of course, but it sounds like by saying you had "cognitive dissonance" that you believed you suffered mental illness but did not trust your treatment. That's no more cognitive dissonance than someone who knows they're sick but come to question their treatment or say their being "patient dumped."

If anything, I'd say it was them with cognitive dissonance if they think these drugs help by affecting the brain but can't be harmful despite that they effect the brain because they're prescribed in the wrong way (and malpractice happens from poor drug administration for physical ailments as well). That is, you had to believe everything or you were rejecting the very notion of mental health in the first place, or that you were a Scientologist who sees mental health care as evil, or other strawman (that is distorting what you said in their own minds as a lazy way to argue you, which is quite common but also unfortunate when you have a history of people trying to make you question your sanity in the first place).

There used to be a project I kept up with on monitoring the "censored news" (that is it would pop up and then disappear fast, likely because one of their corporate sponsors, who might also own said reporting agencies, decided it was bad for their business), and that included a lot about harmful medical practices (including psyche meds) that people take for granted as safe, when they really shouldn't. Though I don't dispute they help some people, if they can help, they can also harm for the very same reason (plus other reasons like addiction, how they interact with other meds and even certain foods and drink, by drink I mean like tea, and so on).

But when the motive is profit rather than helping then of course mistakes are going to happen. In addition to horror stories that only sometimes make the news (and often only briefly) I've come across personal stories too often than makes me wonder if it's far more common than I realize, which includes one put on psyche meds when he didn't want it that made him psychotic, a mother who went into a homicidal rage to which paramedics said sometimes that happened (but she wasn't warned of it before taking it), and a peaceful man who became dangerously paranoid from his anti-anxiety meds, that is the pills don't help, but hurt, because they affect the brain and were improperly prescribed. The lack of research on a lot of procedures, especially something as hard to gauge as mental health, makes it all too prone to mistakes and outright abuse.

'Course that doesn't make the "alternative" healers selling woo, the Scientologists, and others correct, either, and it's unfortunate that those people can be used to discredit people with valid concerns and traumatic experiences as yourself.

Ah well, bookmark it. Because it will likely disappear down the memory hole as well.

Top Bottom