• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

#2 Wesley (ATS) v. #3 Spike (BTVS)

Who do you like better?

• Wesley (ATS)

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • Spike (BTVS)

Votes: 16 41.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GwenRaiden

AKA Apology Girl
Black Thorn
Wow. I went with Wes in the end, but I like both characters (on the different shows). Wesley might be a dark horse.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Its a bit of a toss up. To me Willow is the greatest Buffyverse character in history, Spike second and Wesley just a fraction behind. Thought this would be closer for sure.

Mr Trick

Scooby
Wait, what... I'm really stunned by the results honestly. I voted Wes but no way did I think he was going to win with that much of a lead!
I always thought he had a chance because of how many people (mostly Angel fans:D) seem to have a downer on Spike. And Wes is generally considered one of the best all round characters of either Buffy or Angel.

nightshade

Your grandfather is a cat
Staff member
Black Thorn
I am surprised by the votes, but Wesley is an amazing character.

GoSpuffy

Vampire Lover, I mean Slayer
Black Thorn
I'm not. Spike kind of polarizing and for everyone who likes him best there is someone who seems to absolutely hate him. I don't understand how anyone could not love him but meh

Mr Trick

Scooby
I'm not. Spike kind of polarizing and for everyone who likes him best there is someone who seems to absolutely hate him. I don't understand how anyone could not love him but meh
I'm only surprised than it wasn't closer. The result itself isn't surprising.

jpeterman

Townie
I really thought this one would be a bit closer, but oh well, I love both of these guys so I'm fine with it.

RomanticSoul

Frell Me
Damn I'm too late otherwise I would have voted for Wesley too. He's the lesser of two evils really but I would have loved to give him some more %.

Washburne

Protector of the key.
Black Thorn
And this is why I suck at gambling. Is gambling the right word? Well anyway... I voted for Wesley so I'm happy with the result.

edit: I guess it should be betting and not gambling.

PassionBecoming
PassionBecoming
I believe betting is a form of gambling...*scratches chin*

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
I'm surprised by the result, but I'm also not. Spike is like Marmite on here.... a lot of people love him, but a lot of people don't and regardless who he was against, he wouldn't have got that vote (that's not a dig at anyone, you like who you like, but you also dislike who you dislike - fair game)

But let's be honest, it's not like he lost out to Kennedy or anything. Wesley is a great character. Spike lost out to the better man, so even though I voted Spike, I'm more than happy that Wesley is victorious, he deserves it.

GoSpuffy
GoSpuffy
[No message]

sk

The Overlooked One
Sineya
I'm not so surprised by this.
It talks a lot about Spike but that's not because everyone loves him. It's because just has many doesn't like him.
(and for some reason are people on both sides surprisingly vocal about it when it comes to just Spike for some reason that I really can't understand)

Wesley doesn't get as many discussions... but when almost everyone loves a character it isn't that much to discuss.

/SK

Silverspike

Scooby
Much as I adore Wes If this poll had been placed on any other forums out there the result would have been different of that I'm sure. This board mainly seems to hate Spikes character with a fiery vengeance , so I was expecting this kind of result right from the start. :)

But go Wes! His journey from joke to tragic hero was amazing. :D

Last edited:
Actually this board has many visible and vocal Spike fans and active threads about him. I agree that he can be divisive but really, Wesley is a great character and has a great evolution.
There's no shame in Spike losing here. I'm actually surprised at the amount of 'we was robbed' comments that haven't appeared with any other character.

Athena

The original one-eyed chicklet
Staff member
Black Thorn
Spike's supporters are quite passionate I think, because the character divides so many people, you feel you have to fight for your voice a little more.

My position still stands though. Wesley is a fine winner. He deserved it. That's the whole point of a vote, everyone has one, if you haven't cast a vote you can't be too upset at the outcome but even if you did vote for Spike, it's not a lost vote. Yeah, it would have been great if he'd gone through, but it's the luck of the draw.

Top Bottom