• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

alexa design

alexa

rip it up
Hmm I just can't find my inner fan artist lately. But I've been working on this on and off... quality of the caps weren't great. Here it is anyway

Angelic Slayer

Daydream Believer
Sineya
Love that "Choice" background! It's a style that you don't see a lot of here, and I like how everything is centric of one episode (makes for a very well-rounded piece, more often than not I find :) ). You've got almost a dreamy effect going on for the upper line of photos, and having the lower ones that crystal clear (and, what seems to be my signature comment these days-- SO well blended :D) really makes the title stand out that much more. And the background graphics/spash effect is very, VERY cool!

So really well done, love your other posts too, you definitely have a knack! Hope to see more from you soon! :thumbs:

A
alexa
thanks hun, that's really sweet

The Chosen

Time is all around
Sineya
Great job kanga! Or alexa, I guess. :p

The Choice one is very good. The greenish color goes well with the theme of the episode IMO.

A
alexa

alexa

rip it up
Here's some old school Bangel.

Angelic Slayer
Angelic Slayer
YAY BANGEL!!... And such a COOL design.... it's almost liek a movie poster kind of feel... I donno, I adore it though! Please post more soon! :D

Angel's vision

Silence! I Keel you!
Woweee! That is awsome! It is a pity I missed that eppy ( I'm assuming it is the one where Angelus tries to attack her in the graveyard before she collapses with flu?) Unless that was from s1, then I really did miss the whole thing lol!

A
alexa
thanks hun. Na it's from Reptile Boy.. he's still Angel :)

alexa

rip it up
Here's something from Restless that I made for a challenge, really enjoyed making this also. The dialog is from Wrecked.

X
XDruX
Dammit! LOVE THIS ONE!!! :)

alexa

rip it up
This is something else I just made for a challenge. Got that need to make fan art feeling.

Angelic Slayer

Daydream Believer
Sineya
Have to admit, I love ALL of these :D

The idea of putting textures/patterns with a pic is really cool, and you do a really good job of matching them up!

There's a really edgy feel to your work... don't really know how to describe it! But I definitely, DEFINITELY love! Tres bon! :thumbs:

A
alexa
yay someone commented! Heh, thanks :)

Willow Rosenberg

I might be just like you!
As promised, here's me, stopping by. :D

I love all the new pieces, from the snazzy poster to the Fredless piece. I always love that although your pieces are very different there is that element of 'you' in them too - like you can identify a piece of your work because it has a unique style that's all your own!

FAB work on all of them hon, and glad to see your muse has returned....mine also disappeared for a while too, so I know how that goes. ;)

A
alexa
Thanks. I didn't realize I was so destinctive! Glad my muse is still sticking around atm, never know when it's going to go for a while :p

Oz

edb's hubby
I really like the pieces you've done, they look great and I love the way you've done them. :)

A
alexa
thanks Funky, that's very funky of you :) I'm sure that's the first time you've heard that joke.

alexa

rip it up
This isn't the best it could be because I got tired of it ;) But it's alright.. made it for a challenge also. It somehow turned itself into a born again looking piece! No idea how :p

Willow Rosenberg
Willow Rosenberg
fab new piece.....I can see the 'born again' thing though, but it works so yay! 'lol' ! :D
Aww I love how you are making the compositions and placing the background. For a favourite I'd pick maybe old school Bangel ( and Willow and Tara close by :p ). They are really eye-catching and different!

A
alexa
thanks, guess that's good coming from a spuffite :)
lol I try to differenciate my fan orientation and my art perceptions :) And the old school Bangel does look great! I really like the way you are using space.

A
alexa
I find space can be really important

alexa

rip it up
Here some Cordelia.. sort of a reflective/past/death thing for a challenge. Not sure it turned out that way, but pretty much came out how i wanted.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
I was going through some of your earlier work, on post No: 21 from 02-16-2007 there is three pics of Buffy at Hemery high, when she was called, that was when Angel (rat boy) was watching.
If the whole picture was wider and the two pics on the right could be of Faith in the same pose, as two pics of Buffy on the left. I reckon it would look quite good, plus it'd make people think about when Faith was called.

The image of Cordelia in the woods is reminiscent of the early Hammer films.

A
alexa
Thanks for the ideas :)

Willow Rosenberg

I might be just like you!
I really like the new Cordelia piece hon! :thumbsup: And I think it does have the feel you were after to it. ;)

A
alexa
thanks, now I look at it the next day and want to change it, oh well :p
Top Bottom