• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Buffy Boards' Big Brother

Spanky

Scooby
Black Thorn
There will possibly be a temporary hiatus from the tutorials.
DUDE! today is soo not my day for reading comprehension.. I read that as you were putting the tutorials on hiatus. You made me break out me sad face. Lyri. Lyri. i say your name over again so as not to call someone ELSE you! or you someone else.

Eghads, I do really sound intoxicated dont I? Anyway. Yes I would do that. Sounds like fun. And I like to be on display.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
We don't want to have this running forever until we get a winner, because this is going to isolate people from the main boards, and to keep them there for long periods of time would be cruel and unusual punishment. We think that 3/4 people from each house would create a good atmoshphere in the 'house' and not be too difficult as far as the eviction process goes.

Crazy Flakes

Velma
That sounds absolutely awesome! I'm so in!

Still, I can't get the image of a Hitler-Meets-Stalin-like face on a huge screen in the front of a crowded room out of my head.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Defo sounds like fun! How do contestants get chosen? Any more details?

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
There will be threads going up in the houses if and when we think there is enough interest. 'Big Brother' will choose from those willing to take part.

Joyce Summers

Mom of a Chocoholic
Seriously. This Board has gotten crazier every month I've been here. I can't believe you've come up with such a Frankenstein-Experiment Idea. That said, I'm in. It sounds great! haha

luckystar

5 by 5
this is a really great idea im loving how much activity and thought all you guys put into this board, good job :)

Mozzymandias

I'm back baby.
Black Thorn
I love this idea, although I'm not particularly fond of the tv show, I reckon it would be a lot of fun on here and I'd love to participate.

Heck even reading the threads people who get chosen will be great fun.

Very creative idea. :D

Aleris

Cosmic String!
Sounds like fun - and I'd be up for it ... buuuuut timezones would be a problem.
People in close timezones to each other would be able to interact with each other more frequently than with people on dif. time zones than me. e.g. I'd be able to interact with Aussies/NZ's for hours, but it would be many hours before an American could join in on that and hours again before we'd be able to reply.
Which also makes 'tasks/comps" harder because you couldn't have them be real time (as much as forums allow, unless we brought in IRC) events.

In anycase - if this can be sorted out in some way or another ... I'd totally stop lurking for this. :D

Faith

Bite Me!
Staff member
Black Thorn
This is just a thread to gather potential interest - i.e. we won't be posting constant updates to questions.

I ran a Big Brother over at LOTR Boards so have experience in doing this. We will be looking at pretty much every aspect that going have an effect on the game, be time zones or posting restrictions.

We just wanted to get an idea if people were interested or not as there is no point in us planning if no one wanted to take part.

Airam

Zen baby.
Sineya
I've never actually watched Big Brother before, but it sounds like an interesting idea, and I'm sure you guys will plan it well so guess you can count me in too :)

Rebecca

Grr Argh...
I think this sounds like a great idea, not too sure I could participate though as I'm not sure how active I'll be in the coming weeks/months.

I'd love to watch ..and laugh ..and mock though! (only kidding..mostly hehe)

Ripper 08

Life Is Just A Game
this sounds a pretty cool idea

i spose i'd be up for the little bit of insanity this is sure to offer :p

one question any idea how long were looking at for this? weeks,month(s) what?

Relic

Darth Zeppo
:drink:This does sound cool, I wish I was on more often; I'd love to do this. especially if it involves, Buffy stuffy, you guys, and virtual Guinness :drink:

Kali

Dr. Ogyn - Dorm pride!!
This sounds like a damned good crack. Can't wait to see who gets chosen :D... could get VERY interesting

Kean
Kean
Craic!!!!

Kali

Dr. Ogyn - Dorm pride!!
This sounds like a damned good crack. Can't wait to see who gets chosen :D... could get VERY interesting

Keanoite agrees: Craic!!!!

Nope, I meant crack - like a cracking good time.... the English-Scottish way.

see Wikipedia....

“ The constant Gaelicisation of the good old English-Scottish dialect word crack as craic sets my teeth on edge. It seems, indeed, that many people think the word is an Irish one; hence we find advertisements proclaiming "music, songs, dancing and craic". The implication is that craic = boozing and high jinks, great fun as it used to be [...]

(I am just a 'eensy bit' Scottish, and about 95% English.) :D

Clem Rocks

Scooby
A forum i used to go on had loads of BB games, i never really got into them, i prefered their scavenger hunts. count me in if you ever do one of those

InsaneMystic

Ex-Scooby
BB's BB? Say, you all didn't happen to do a bunch of drugs, did ya? :lmao:

I wonder how you'd be pulling that one off.... anyway, I'd definitely prefer to be one of the watchers, not the watched.

zombie.apparatus

everything we had...
Oooo that sounds like it would be some awesome fun!
I have some ideas, probaly stating the obvious:

- Anyone interested to be put up for nomination, that way buffy board team members get to vote them all in and than vote people out, more interesting how much they change their minds after voting them in haha :)
- Profiles on all house mates going in

Would you guys host the whole big brother friday night games also? hahah

IM DEFINITELY UP FOR IT :D

Top Bottom