• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer getting new book series from Simon Pulse

ChaseRules

When it comes to dating I the Slayer.
Sineya
I like what you said . I agree with you on online forums too. I like having discussions where you don't have to limit your responses to a certain number of letters & where you don't get into battles . While I like to read about the original cast I know that in order to get people hooked on it you have to make it more modern & you cant do that with the old cast . Hopefully they do so well then people might start wanting to learn about the series .

I haven't read a Buffy book in a long time & I looking forward to them . I sure while most of it will be for the new readers there will be a few things in it that we remember from the series even if they shown in a different way .

matt124

Potential
I like what you said . I agree with you on online forums too. I like having discussions where you don't have to limit your responses to a certain number of letters & where you don't get into battles . While I like to read about the original cast I know that in order to get people hooked on it you have to make it more modern & you cant do that with the old cast . Hopefully they do so well then people might start wanting to learn about the series .

I haven't read a Buffy book in a long time & I looking forward to them . I sure while most of it will be for the new readers there will be a few things in it that we remember from the series even if they shown in a different way .
Exactly so. Couldn't agree more.

I look forward to these new books and am sure like you said they will have things in it that old fans can appreciate and enjoy.

I kinda hope they revive the Buffy novels in general. I actually liked having stories set during certain seasons. It was so much fun to read and often point about where they are placed, and also imagine if they were real episodes. Still was hoping they would do more set between seasons.

ChaseRules

Sineya
You hear a lot about hidden references in movies so that where I came up with them .

I also hoping they revive the Buffy novels as well . I liked stories set in certain seasons as well but I also would like one that were set in other places & times so you can see what was happening behind the scenes . Like having a story with the Mayor central stage maybe when he first took over & how he made it so people never thought about all the killing that happened there . What do other people think .

matt124

Potential
You hear a lot about hidden references in movies so that where I came up with them .

I also hoping they revive the Buffy novels as well . I liked stories set in certain seasons as well but I also would like one that were set in other places & times so you can see what was happening behind the scenes . Like having a story with the Mayor central stage maybe when he first took over & how he made it so people never thought about all the killing that happened there . What do other people think .
:)

Me too. I do like stories like that. I would like some backstory like that too. Maybe even The Master and Darla in sunnydale between the 1900s and the first episode. Also Luke too.

Anya so deserves her own book. Come on she had 1,000 years of stories. I am surprised she doesn't have dozens of stories in books, comics or even on the show.

Giles and Wesley back in the day. I would love to see the Watchers in training before meeting Buffy.

I do like your idea of the Mayor though.

We know so much about Angel and Spike in flashbacks and stories. I honestly get because they are regulars. But Giles, Wesley, Anya etc. have just as much backstories that could be explored in novels.

Last Watcher

Tweed Icon
Sineya
Think you would have to look at Fanfic for most of that....sadly it just wouldn't sell enough books to make it viable....

Weird thing is, for all her popularity I don't remember Anya figuring too heavily in any of the Buffy novels (been a long time since I read most of them so I could be wrong there?)

ChaseRules

Sineya
Maybe on a publishing site & people could bye then ?

I don't think Any was either . Could be wrong thought .

Blair

Vamp Blair
Sineya
Not going to lie, I'm excited for a new book. I own a few of them and love them. I'd love to see one set in the future like this.

ChaseRules

Sineya
And since it set in the future things will be different plus you wont have people yelling about non-canon things.

ChaseRules

Sineya
Thanks for the link :D And hope so but going to take it easy on that idea.

amberjane

Potential
digitalspy did a similar article... i was excited because i thought the book would tie into the buffyverse seamlessly, comics included. id prefer the original character be untouched in case the author fails to capture them the way theyre preserved. however, the digitalspy article (i didnt read the EW one) mentions its set years later where the one true slayer emerges again. it could be one true slayer among those willow activated, or it could be like fray, where there were no more slayers until this new one. unless this is set like fifty or so years in the future and somewhere other than the US, this isnt going to tie in nicely considering comic story lines(the world knows of vampires, government involvement, etc).

i know that the comic year isnt exactly eatablished, and obviously the reader has to assume time is still moving(notice details of hair growth in buffy season 10), so i wouldnt say theyre stuck in 2006-7. but this new book, in order to follow canon, would have to address that a). buffy and/or faith died, or buffy disappeared into that dimension thing implied by fray within the next few years(though buffy has more comic tales to tell as the series has yet to end) and b). the knowledge of the slayer/demonic world being public

WhyCantiStay

Please, Wesley...
Bringing this back because I CANNOT WAIT. I'm a huge reader, and I'm so excited to have a new cast of characters in the Buffyverse. The author said it'll jive with the comics continuity, so I'm in 100%. I'm assuming it'll come out in October or September.

Stanger406

Potential
I'm excited for this as well! I was just thinking about this last night, so that was strange to see it brought up again on here haha. Has there been any new news, or places to get a glace at cover art?

WhyCantiStay

Please, Wesley...
I'm excited for this as well! I was just thinking about this last night, so that was strange to see it brought up again on here haha. Has there been any new news, or places to get a glace at cover art?
I follow the author on twitter, and she recently said she's doing final edits on the book and the cover is done! So I'm assuming we'll see the cover somewhat soon, along with a release date.

ChaseRules

Sineya
Buffy is for all ages even thought it was targeted at teens. My mom started watching it with me when it first aired and she is also a big fan. She's now in her 60s and still re-watch them every year (Angel too!)
The fact that it is for all ages is in my mind a big reason why it so popular so many years after it went off the air.
Cant wait to get the book when it comes out .

Top Bottom