• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Cookie Dough & Others: A BB Cooking Book

vellavu

Scooby
Black Thorn
A "you can't go wrong" cakes recipe.

For approx 12 cakes.

1) Weigh 3 large eggs (Should be around 200g)
2) Weigh out the same weight in flour, then sugar and then soft butter (or margarine/spread) and one bottle cap of vanilla essence/flavouring (use the cap of the little bottles of this).
3) Mix together in no order!!! When soft with no lumps put equal amounts into each cake case in the cake tray for 12 cakes.
4) Cook on gas mark 6 or 200c for 15 to 20 mins approximately or until golden and you can pop a cake tester/knife or fork into the cakes and the instrument comes out clean.
5) Then they are ready to come out and cooled down enough to stuff your face when they are still warm (which is great) or let them get cold to decorate however you want to.
Really? No baking soda needed?

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
Really? No baking soda needed?
Not really no. I mean you can add in if you want to but I try to keep that out as much as possible because I find that recipe, the cake come up all fluffy anyway.

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Cheats Carbonara

Cook pasta - doesnt matter what type
Fry up sliced/diced bacon
Drain pasta and stir through egg while hot (egg white, with yolk on top if you want to be fancy, but I dont)
Add bacon
Stir (or add extras)
DONE

I add cheese, a squeeze of lime and a teaspoon of minced garlic, onion and homegrown herbs or kale goes well in it too. Salt/pepper to taste.
Easy peasy pasta - quicker than takeaway!

AshSlays

WOW, Sarcasm, that's original!
The cursed area of tons of sweet tea (Arkansas)
Black Thorn
Hey! This is a wonderful idea! I was going through my tea cabinet when I was reminded of some tea scones my family used to make. I found the recipe after a bit of digging and decided to share it with you guys! They work really good with English Breakfast tea.

Prep time: 25-ish minutes
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
Total time: 37-40 minutes or so
Yield: around 10 2 inch scones

Ingredients:
2 cups unbleached whole-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons sugar (we usually leave it out, but it can add a little bit of sweet if you want it to)
4 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 tablespoon salt
3 tablespoons of cold unsalted butter
2/3 cups milk
1 egg yolk beaten with 1 Tbsp milk (to glaze)

Instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 425F.
2. In a medium bowl, place the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter. Rub the mixture together with your fingers to break up the butter, until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add the milk slowly, mixing as you add, using enough of the milk to get your dough to come together with no lumps remaining. (Your dough should be quite sticky.)
4. Spoon the dough out until a well-floured surface. Generously dust the top of the dough and knead the dough 2-3 times to coat it with flour and smooth the surface. Press the dough into a round that is roughly 1 inch thick.
5. Using a well-floured cookie cutter, cut the dough into 2 inch circles. (Be sure to press the cookie cutter straight down and up. Twisting the cookie cutter will impact the amount of rise you get on your scones.)
6. Place the rounds onto a greased and floured baking sheet. Brush them gently with the egg yolk and milk mixture.
7. Bake the scones for 12-15 minutes, until golden and firm.
8. Remove the baked scones from the oven and let them cool for 30 minutes (if you can resist). If you like softer scones, cover them with a clean tea towel as they cool.

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
Chocolate Apocalypse Brownies

Get a box of fudge brownie mix...prepare according to the instructions, but add the following items to the batter:

One giant Hershey bar (broken into small pieces)

One Butterfinger bar (also broken up)

One Snickers bar (broken up)

A handful of M&Ms

Stir all of these ingredients into the batter and bake according to the instructions on the box.

Octavia
Octavia
Drool emoticon needed

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Chick peas and rice - simple as it sounds. Not suitable for vegans. Amounts of ingredients are to personal taste.

Heat canola oil in pan, chop garlic, add to pan with pepper and chicken stock power. Add tinned chick peas and stir until heated to required edibility. Cook rice, mix together and add a dollup of greek yogurt to serve. Garden herbs optional. Done nom.

HowiMetdaSlayer

Occasionally, I am callous and strange 🐶
Not really a recipe, but anyone ever sprinkle ovaltine (or other brand chocolate malt) on top of vanilla (or other) ice cream? 💙

Octavia

My arse is not pansy!
Sineya
Not really a recipe, but anyone ever sprinkle ovaltine (or other brand chocolate malt) on top of vanilla (or other) ice cream? 💙
Yuuum YES! But we use Milo down under. Sooo goood. What is your current cocoa recipe? I have been making hot chocolate with cocoa, 2 teapoons of raw sugar and a dash of vanilla essence. Sweet night noms.

I just made a migoreng type rice. Turned out way better than expected! I don't remember the amounts of things but I think I remember all the ingredients.

Rice cooked in microwave, canola oil in a pan add thinly sliced onion and carrot (bunnies get the carrot tops), garlic granules (only cos I ran out of fresh), hot paprika, chilli powder, chicken stock powder, oyster sauce, fish sauce and pepper. Served with a squeeze of lemon. Probably not authentic in any way but to quote masterchef "the flavours are there" lol.

I forgot the egg! Defo needs the egg. I planned the egg and then forgot. Now I am hungry again.

Last edited:
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
Usually just make it with prepackaged cocoa mix
Top Bottom