- Oct 17, 2015
Really? No baking soda needed?A "you can't go wrong" cakes recipe.
For approx 12 cakes.
1) Weigh 3 large eggs (Should be around 200g)
2) Weigh out the same weight in flour, then sugar and then soft butter (or margarine/spread) and one bottle cap of vanilla essence/flavouring (use the cap of the little bottles of this).
3) Mix together in no order!!! When soft with no lumps put equal amounts into each cake case in the cake tray for 12 cakes.
4) Cook on gas mark 6 or 200c for 15 to 20 mins approximately or until golden and you can pop a cake tester/knife or fork into the cakes and the instrument comes out clean.
5) Then they are ready to come out and cooled down enough to stuff your face when they are still warm (which is great) or let them get cold to decorate however you want to.