• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Does Buffy ever found out?

famicommander

Townie
Which only further proves my point. It wasn't Angel's human skill that allowed him to fight like that, it was artifacts and spells, things that he didn't have in "I Will Remember You," and probably wouldn't have been able to obtain easily at that point in Los Angeles. Remember, all of his power in "After The Fall" came from things that he salvaged from the Wolfram & Hart offices and the assistance of a very powerful dragon. Once the magic was taken away, he was just plain old badly injured human
The magic he's using are all glamor spells to hide his injuries and heal them. They're not enhancing his strength or abilities in any fashion, especially by the time the story actually catches up to the present. And most importantly he's doing the actual fighting himself. And the reason he keeps needing the healing in the first place is because the city is in hell; the situation was arguably the most dire Angel had seen up to that point, powers or no.

Again, Dawn has at least 5 kills under her belt. Dawn. Not Xander or Wood or Riley. Spoiled teenage brat Dawn.

Xander himself dusts multiple vampires in season 1, and saves Buffy's life when Angel could not.

white avenger

white avenger
[
Dawn has at least 5 kills under her belt. Dawn. Not Xander or Wood or Riley. Spoiled teenage brat Dawn.

Xander himself dusts multiple vampires in season 1, and saves Buffy's life when Angel could not.
Under the right circumstances, just about anyone in the Buffyverse can dust a vampire with nothing more than a sliver of wood. Dusting one and actually fighting one, or most all of the other demons shown on the show is a different thing entirely. We never, ever, saw Dawn actually fight any of those vampires, The majority of Angel's kills, both vampire and demon, happen only after some serious hand to hand action. Dawn never did anything like that, and the most memorable such confrontation like that that Xander ever had, to me, at least, was with Harmony.

And Xander saves Buffy in Season 1 when Angel can't because he can give her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, which requires breath, not any sort of combat skills.

It was established in the episode in question that Angel did not, as a human, have the skill or power necessary to beat a demon, which was the chief reason that he opted to have that day erased. He was told that Buffy would die within a year trying to protect him (ironically, she died protecting Dawn the next Season anyhow, so there's no avoiding fate) There is no doubt that, given the time, human Angel could become just as good a demon fighter as Xander, Wood, or even Gunn, but the point that I was trying to make was that he was unwilling to accept that, given the consequences (Buffy's death) of him doing so.

Tank1978

Scooby
Would human Angel and buffy have ended up.like Buffy and Riley? Would have been similarities. Both Angel and Riley would have felt inadequate, both would miss their previous enhanced abilities and both would still want to be warriors despite this.

Black Thorn
Would human Angel and buffy have ended up.like Buffy and Riley? Would have been similarities. Both Angel and Riley would have felt inadequate, both would miss their previous enhanced abilities and both would still want to be warriors despite this.
He would have felt like he didn’t deserve it. He would probably still try to find redemption which is much harder without his powers and I think feeling the guilt from being a vampire is a big part of that. I think Buffy would see him as more vulnerable and like Riley, not want him to be involved as much with slaying.

Top Bottom