• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Episode Discussion Game of Thrones, Season 8

GraceK

Grr Arrg
Cersei is a survivor. Whenever it looks like she's played her last hand, she makes a comeback. Creepy Jesus thought he had her.

And Sansa knows her people is between a rock and a hard place.
Creepy Jesus was her own fault. He wouldn’t have had any power if she wasn’t so obsessed with punishing Margaery for making her son happy . She literally gave him an army and absolute power thinking he would do her bidding and he turned it around on her. Her only way out was mass Murder. Wow... she’s so awesome 🙄🙄🙄🙄

WillowFromBuffy

Hear Me Roar!
Creepy Jesus was her own fault. He wouldn’t have had any power if she wasn’t so obsessed with punishing Margaery for making her son happy . She literally gave him an army and absolute power thinking he would do her bidding and he turned it around on her. Her only way out was mass Murder. Wow... she’s so awesome 🙄🙄🙄🙄
Daenerys is the same, only with a benevolent smile on her face. There's something more honest about Cersei, she does what she does, because the alternative would be to let herself be ruled by schmucks.

GraceK

Grr Arrg
M
Daenerys is the same, only with a benevolent smile on her face. There's something more honest about Cersei, she does what she does, because the alternative would be to let herself be ruled by schmucks.
Really? When did Dany let someone be raped and tortured? When did Dany give girls up to be experimented on? When did Dany murder all her husbands bastard children? When did Dany commit mass Murder? ( Cersei did all these Things btw)

Dany has liberated slaves. She has crucified slave owners who crucified CHILDREN. She has a good heart, who wants to change the world. She put aside her quest for the throne and rescued Jon Snow and lost her child Viserion, saving Jon’s ass. She is always looking towards the greater good.

WillowFromBuffy

Hear Me Roar!

We'll see how things go once Dany learns that Jon is her nephew and the North starts resisting her attempts to rule them.

GraceK

Grr Arrg
Do not

We'll see how things go once Dany learns that Jon is her nephew and the North starts resisting her attempts to rule them.
Do not try to come at me at a game of thrones discussion because I have read the books and own all seasons and I know every detail of this universe. It doesn’t matter when Dany finds out. She loves him.

WillowFromBuffy

Hear Me Roar!
Sure, sure. Dany loves power and violence. She leads a band of barbarians. Her pets are apex predators. That little coalition of the willing is going to collapse upon itself.

GraceK

Grr Arrg
Sure, sure. Dany loves power and violence. She leads a band of barbarians. Her pets are apex predators. That little coalition of the willing is going to collapse upon itself.
Hahahahahajahahajaa sure.ok. Fine. An army of the dead is marching on Westeros...and your being racist ? What’s your next comment? It’s ok cause the nights watch has a really GREAT WALL??? That Should keep the WW out. 😂🙄😊

Edit:: except..ooops... it’s already collapsed

WillowFromBuffy

Hear Me Roar!
Hahahahahajahahajaa sure.ok. Fine. An army of the dead is marching on Westeros...and your being racist ? What’s your next comment? It’s ok cause the nights watch has a really GREAT WALL??? That Should keep the WW out. 😂🙄😊
I may be racist, but your Queen is an imperialist despot who forced Jon to bend the knee on behalf of a people that will not accept serfdom to a foreign pretender. Soon, she will learn that Jon is before her in the line of succession, and then all bets are off. It's coming apart. They'll be at each other's throats before the dragons run out of goats and start chomping on people.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Do not

Do not try to come at me at a game of thrones discussion because I have read the books and own all seasons and I know every detail of this universe. It doesn’t matter when Dany finds out. She loves him.
I love Dany to bits. Huge supporter. But I am nervous about how she will react when she finds out the truth about Jon. How do you think she'll take it?

Also didnt she think something was up when Jon rode that dragon? Like??

Btw why is it that in Got Fandom I must pick either Dany OR Sansa to like. Can I not like two women in a show??

WillowFromBuffy

Hear Me Roar!
Btw why is it that in Got Fandom I must pick either Dany OR Sansa to like. Can I not like two women in a show??
You can love as many as you like, as long as none of them are Dany. She's messing with the reunited Stark sisters now. She won't be able to pull that totalitarian Messiah-business anymore.

Mylie

Scooby
I adore Sansa. She has had the best growth on this show. I don't blame her for being so suspicious of a Queen she has never met before. She's been used and tortured because she was so naive in the past. It's made her wary and calculating but she has survived this far and has achieved a lot.

I don't hate Dany at all but what she wants most is power. That makes her dangerous.

Spanky
Spanky
Well I think she's an idiot that when soon die. However that line "she's the smartest person" is just laughable.
GraceK
GraceK
I agree with Spanky

GraceK

Grr Arrg
I may be racist, but your Queen is an imperialist despot who forced Jon to bend the knee on behalf of a people that will not accept serfdom to a foreign pretender. Soon, she will learn that Jon is before her in the line of succession, and then all bets are off. It's coming apart. They'll be at each other's throats before the dragons run out of goats and start chomping on people.
Except if you remember what actually happened, she didn’t force him to bend the knee. In episode 6 of season 7, after she flew north of the wall and saved everyone and lost Viserion, she pledged to fight the NK beside him and Jon WILLINGLY bent the knee to her. That’s on him alone. She even said “ what will your people think?????” And he was all “ they will see you for who you are!!! All google eyed. So yeah. So eat that . And for someone who is rooting for Cersei, an actual Despot, you should be choking on your hypocrisy.

WillowFromBuffy

Hear Me Roar!
Except if you remember what actually happened, she didn’t force him to bend the knee. In episode 6 of season 7, after she flew north of the wall and saved everyone and lost Viserion, she pledged to fight the NK beside him and Jon WILLINGLY bent the knee to her. That’s on him alone. She even said “ what will your people think?????” And he was all “ they will see you for who you are!!! All google eyed. So yeah. So eat that . And for someone who is rooting for Cersei, an actual Despot, you should be choking on your hypocrisy.
Jon is useful for fighting and stuff, but he is not cut out for diplomacy. The only good work he can do with his tongue is the kind you do in dark caves. It is Sansa that will ensure an independent North.

Dany demands that Jon bends the knee. Even if she would have agreed to join Jon side by side after seeing the undead army, it would not change her ultimate goal. She's there to conquer. She brought two massive foreign armies to the continent. It's not like the Dothraki will take up farming once the war is over. The undead may be the immediate threat, but Sana is wise to think further ahead.

Spanky

Zexy Mercenary
Black Thorn
Jon is useful for fighting and stuff, but he is not cut out for diplomacy.
They are very much painting (and have been for the last few seasons) Jon as Robert Baratheon 2.0. Neither man wanted the crown, they won it based off of their battles, etc. Neither were very good at leading, but, arguably made good friends. You can see a lot of Baratheon reflected into Jon.

I still say that no one will rule when it ends. Just as the first Aegon and his sister wives created the seven kingdoms, I think this Aegon and his "sisters" will dismantle/destroy the seven kingdoms.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I don't hate Dany at all but what she wants most is power.
To me, Dany doesn't want power for power's sake (the way that Cersci wants power), rather she feels almost a divine right to the throne and she feels that she is the best for the job. I do believe she needs a BIG slice of humble pie. I think Jon is the person to show her a different path - hopefully. But I think she has noble intentions. The biggest turning point for Dany will be when she finds out that what she has perceived as her birthright is not her birthright at all. And how will she react then? I think that will be her big moment. I'm cautiously optimistic that she will rise above what she has felt was her right to the throne.

I don't think any of us are going to get what we want... at all. I think all of our favorites probably die and it's incredibly tragic because this is GoTs. But my ideal ending would be Jon rules King's landing (and surrounding kingdoms) with Dany as his queen and hand. The North is declared independent and Sansa is Queen of the North with a strong and long-standing alliance. Arya is her hand.

HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
yeah, good luck with that... 😉
Top Bottom