• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Nothing personal?

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
While interacting with people through the Scooby Spotlight threads, I started thinking that it’s fun to share some pieces of information from our lives that'll help us understand each other better. Would you like to share with us something about your life? Let’s keep it on the lighthearted side if possible (favorite food, books, hobbies, jobs, etc.).

In my case, I’m thinking of a career change, but I have no idea where or how to start :confused:. Sometimes it is scary and sometimes it is exciting.

Last edited:
S
Stephan
Ugh, career change sounds dreadful. Hope all goes well.
V
Veronique
You can do it too!
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Easy as.. Want to be a mechanic? Then pick up a spanner, no, make that a hammer.
S
Studio54
Good luck!
Gingerbread
Gingerbread
I feel the scariness of the career change! I’ve been considering retraining, to eventually move into a totally different career. Just gotta keep focused on the fact that the stress of change will all be worth it!

thrasherpix

Scooby
One of my sources of income is with a small company that entertains at birthday parties for children. I generally enjoy this job and it's a nice additional source of income, but it's rather limited in scope.

The owner has been experimenting in small ways to get more business which have mostly worked, and I suggested that in this time when super women are becoming such a big thing in media that we add that theme to our more traditional options (primarily clowns and princesses at the moment), and I bet it could also be worked to increase business as more hire us for their sons, not just their daughters (I'd say at least 90% of our business is for a birthday girl). She liked the idea but said that would cost more than she'd want to spend, but she is going to think about it while looking for bargains. I've given her some ideas on how it could be done at minimal cost.

I think she's going to do it, and if she does, then it will feel like more than an extra job and something I've helped shape (though it won't change my pay in any way, nor make me a partner or anything like that).

On another matter...I have good cooking skills, but I've avoided doing BBQ for reasons I don't feel like explaining now. But I made BBQ ribs for the Fourth of July, and though I wasn't entirely happy with it, everyone else was and want me to make more ribs!

Anyanka Bunny Slayer

Hail Hydra 💀
Black Thorn
If I had a laptop, I'd probably be writing A LOT more...as it is, I have two phones and a typewriter my brother gave me last year. Writing is one of my strengths...I know that I could help people with it, and also earn a decent bit of cash. But having no laptop isn't an excuse for not writing more. Shakespeare didn't have one and he did okay. 😅

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
But it costs me a fortune, paying all your local companies not to sell a lap-top to you.
I currently live in South-America, I've been moving to different countries because of work, but I enjoy it.

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
I like baileys and chocolate baileys, oh and coffee ... and caramel latte's, iced macchiatos and flat white... can't drink black!
In fact I think I need a coffee right now! I get through about 5-10 cups a day as I've cut down now... people kept telling me 15 was too much and Spanky said my cups were big!!! LMAO

r2dh2
r2dh2
It seems that we're kindred spirits, I drink between 2 and 4 cups of coffee daily.
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Yet, no mention of the Bubble Truck co. ?

HerrMister

Townie
A few years ago, I gained a lot of weight due to stress, bad eating habits and lack of exercise (I was slim before that). My goal for the summer is to recover my "usual" weight and to wear again my old jeans.

nightshade
nightshade
Yep me too
r2dh2
r2dh2
Do need us to hold you accountable ;)?
V
Veronique
You can do it!
ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
I bought new 'old' jeans. It was a lot easier.

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
After my shower today, I put on a tee I've worn dozens of times; it's gotten noticeably shorter. I think I've gained weight but I'm afraid to go on the scale and find out. I've been at the same (too big) number for over a decade now, if it was supposed to change it was because it was going down :(

ILLYRIAN
ILLYRIAN
Tip for weighing on the scale, take your glasses off or put someone else's on, you'll always see the same weight.

Veronique

Townie
Before watching BtVS, I watched Cruel Intentions and I know what you did last summer, and for the longest time I disliked SMG (I hated her character in Cruel Intentions and I wasn't fond at all of her character in I know what you did the last summer). I avoided watching BtVS like the plague, until one day a friend was watching it and... OMG, I became fan! But I had missed a lot of the show, so it took me years before I could watch the entire series. I think that it's funny how we might identify an actor with a character, and how that might affect your perception of the actor herself/himself. Also, I was very young and impressionable.

genghiskhan

God doesn't want you
Black Thorn
I have a bit of an issue with my weight. I'm overweight but not really due to just eating a bit too much unhealthy foods and not doing enough exercise (though they are part of it). I get migraines when I'm hungry so as soon as I am, I binge - and seen as sugary foods curb the hunger best, I usually eat those. I've got a lot better with eating and exercise now, I eat healthier meals and snacks consist of fruit and vegetables (for the most part), I also walk for 2 hours a day and cycle for 1 and a half hours 4 times a week.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
It was mainly the American's who "cured" folk of anorexia and being overweight at the end of Nazi Germany's concentration camps after WW2. Try to follow how they taught folk how to eat better.
Also have a look at the weight factor of new entertainment stars, better quality food gives more energy so they don't need to eat as much.

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
I really want to get to a place where I can make money off my Youtube channel (and work for myself) and it frustrates the crap out of me that there are all these stupid ASMR and random Youtube channels where the content creators put in minimal effort but get thousands of subs, but I put in so much effort writing and editing my vids and might still never pull in the numbers I need to make decent money ... sigh. Shall keep trying for now!

nightshade

Headless chicken
Staff member
Black Thorn
I have to have exercise targets or I just don't do it! It's why I love the Fitbit so much as it gives to a 250 steps an hour target. Plus the whole day target which is at 10,000 now for me, but I've worked up to that.

I also walk for 2 hours a day and cycle for 1 and a half hours 4 times a week.
That's a lot of cycling is that outside? I get bored after 20 minutes on my exercise bike!

Top Bottom