• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Nothing personal?

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
I've binged NCIS today after visiting the local vampire for 6 vials!

r2dh2
r2dh2
I'm confused by the vampire visit, but NCIS is a good choice. Although I stopped watching it after the departure of Cote de Pablo, it didn't feel the same.

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
I rarely watch new TV. I prefer to rewatch my faves. It is my comfort blankey basically. Ocassionally I add shows to my comfort blankey but that's basically one a year. Does anyone else have this?

Taake
Taake
Definitely
HowiMetdaSlayer
HowiMetdaSlayer
some really good newer shows out there!
r2dh2
r2dh2
I do the same! I don't own a t.v. and watching shows in my computer is a hassle, but it pays off, I only focus on my "oldies but goodies" and sometimes I'd add something new (only if it's supposed to be really really good).
thrasherpix
thrasherpix
Pretty much...sometimes I even see a few eps that I like but it can still take me years to seriously check it out.
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
Anyanka Bunny Slayer
New tv sucks. Dvds rule. 😊

Nix

Evil Nix
Sineya
r2dh2 I'm confused by the vampire visit, but NCIS is a good choice. Although I stopped watching it after the departure of Cote de Pablo, it didn't feel the same.

I had to have a blood test today.... the phlebotomist (aka the vampire) had to take 6 vials of my blood for testing

SuperGirl80

Townie
I’ve been single for a couple of years. My previous partner ended our relationship and at first it was extremely difficult. However, now I feel very comfortable alone and sometimes I wonder if I’ll ever have another relationship, I feel reluctant to give up my freedom :confused:.

Lizzy95

Townie
I love Italian food, I'm currently taking a course for learning to cook everything from scratch, stating with making my own pasta! For now, the only thing that I know how to cook is thin-crust pizza and it's my new favorite dish for dinner. My goal is to be able to prepare tiramisu in a couple of weeks. I'm so excited!

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
I rarely watch new TV. I prefer to rewatch my faves. It is my comfort blankey basically. Ocassionally I add shows to my comfort blankey but that's basically one a year. Does anyone else have this?
As an add-on to this, if I do watch a new show, I will often wait until the entire series has aired and then binge it, so I'm not stuck watching week-to-week and can look up spoilers if need be.

Foxy
Foxy
I am nearly the same. I also wait for the show to be finished, but then I watch an episode once in a blue moon.

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
I adopted a kitten three weeks ago and he's adorable! Makes me feel happy and we're wrestling and arguing all the time. He's such a little lovely and cute menace. He's forcing me to get up from my desk to play with him (which is great). And recently he found his favorite place for napping: the drawer of my desk... sigh. I love my kitten :D.

Taake

I can kill you with my brain
Staff member
Black Thorn
I've wanted to learn latin since I was a child. I've been taking courses as an adult and even though people tell me its a waste of time and that I'll never master it (due to being an adult and getting into it late) I'm enjoying it. This summer I'm reading Harrius Potter et Philosophi Lapis. I figure if I'm still struggling with it when I'm 70, at least I'll be able to say that I tried!

I adopted a kitten three weeks ago and he's adorable! Makes me feel happy and we're wrestling and arguing all the time. He's such a little lovely and cute menace. He's forcing me to get up from my desk to play with him (which is great). And recently he found his favorite place for napping: the drawer of my desk... sigh. I love my kitten :D.
Kitteh! You can't just drop that info and not give us a name? :p

genghiskhan

God doesn't want you
Black Thorn
I've wanted to learn latin since I was a child. I've been taking courses as an adult and even though people tell me its a waste of time and that I'll never master it (due to being an adult and getting into it late) I'm enjoying it. This summer I'm reading Harrius Potter et Philosophi Lapis. I figure if I'm still struggling with it when I'm 70, at least I'll be able to say that I tried!
My grandad started learning latin when he was adult, he's pretty good at it now.

Taake
Taake
Oh that's cheering, thanks!

r2dh2

Never go for the kill when you can go for the pain
Kitteh! You can't just drop that info and not give us a name? :p
His name is bichito, he’s a Siamese (paws, tail and nose are black, the rest is beige) and he’s around 9 weeks old. And he’s soooo spoiled! If he’s sleeping and I make noise, he keeps complaining until it’s quiet again. I’m visiting my mom these days and even she tiptoes around him when he’s tired! 😂

He’s a huge adventurer and full of energy. My mom lives in a very quiet neighborhood and I’ve been taking him outside to our garden because he loves it, but I’m a bit worried that he’ll run away too fast and I’ll lose him (he actually knows very well the noise of the front door opening and goes running to it trying to get out :(😂... animals are so intelligent). I’m trying to teach him to walk in a leash, so I can take him outside for longer walks or going to a park nearby, it does scare me that he’ll get lost but I feel really bad when he sits by the window hearing birds and children play. We'll see how it goes, for now our time outside the house has been fun for him (and a constant worry for me 😂... he loves playing hide & seek and he's super friendly, anyone could easily take him, I'm gonna have to get him a chip soon).

S
Stephan
I had cats when I was a child!

Puppet

You rocks think you're so smart.
Black Thorn
r2dh2
r2dh2
Literally, it means little bug. But the name comes from another cat that I had when I was a child. His name was bichy (that's a made up name) and I wanted to remember my childhood pet, so I went for bichito, which is similar.
His name is bichito, he’s a Siamese (paws, tail and nose are black, the rest is beige) and he’s around 9 weeks old. And he’s soooo spoiled! If he’s sleeping and I make noise, he keeps complaining until it’s quiet again. I’m visiting my mom these days and even she tiptoes around him when he’s tired! 😂

He’s a huge adventurer and full of energy. My mom lives in a very quiet neighborhood and I’ve been taking him outside to our garden because he loves it, but I’m a bit worried that he’ll run away too fast and I’ll lose him (he actually knows very well the noise of the front door opening and goes running to it trying to get out :(😂... animals are so intelligent). I’m trying to teach him to walk in a leash, so I can take him outside for longer walks or going to a park nearby, it does scare me that he’ll get lost but I feel really bad when he sits by the window hearing birds and children play. We'll see how it goes, for now our time outside the house has been fun for him (and a constant worry for me 😂... he loves playing hide & seek and he's super friendly, anyone could easily take him, I'm gonna have to get him a chip soon).
Awww, I have two cats and I love them so much! Hope you can train yours :)!

EDIT:
Who else has pets? (Just an informal pool for fun)

spikenbuffy
spikenbuffy
I have a 5 year's old cat
M
MrsDupas
I have 2 cats and they're my life!!
r2dh2
r2dh2
One little kitten :D
Gingerbread
Gingerbread
I’m waiting (very impatiently) to pick up my puppy in a few weeks!
thrasherpix
thrasherpix
Did. It's too sad so I didn't want to answer, but I still understand how they can be such a HUGE part of one's life, and why some would say donate a kidney to one if they could.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
Black Thorn is the House of cats, just thought I'd say that.
That wasn't to personal was it?

r2dh2
r2dh2
I'm totally lost with the reference :/... what exactly does "Black Thorn is the House of cats" mean? Sorry, I'm not a native English speaker :/.

SuperGirl80

Townie
I consider myself awfully introverted and I hate it, I wish I could feel at ease around people instead of looking for ways to avoid social interaction.

Do you also think that you're introverted? If you are, do you dislike it or do you embrace it?

genghiskhan

God doesn't want you
Black Thorn
Do you also think that you're introverted? If you are, do you dislike it or do you embrace it?
I can't really tell if I'm introverted or it's my anxiety disorder lol.
I don't like not enjoying crowded spaces and going to events with a group of friends. I would rather be extroverted.

Nix
Nix
Yup

DeadlyDuo

Scooby
I’ve been single for a couple of years.
Same here. Societal culture seems to look down on single people, rom-coms are prone to this. There's a whole day dedicated to couples, though it could be claimed as "singles awareness day" as well as "Valentine's". There should be some slogans for singles awareness day such as:

I may be single but at least I don't have to share the duvet!

I'm SAS- Single and sexy.

My ex-husband used to snore- that's why he's my ex!

I don't read latin but I know that's Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Just remember.... don't speak latin in front of the books :p

I consider myself awfully introverted and I hate it, I wish I could feel at ease around people instead of looking for ways to avoid social interaction.
Same here. I'm better than I used to be though.

ILLYRIAN

Druish Pervonian Wizard
Black Thorn
r2dh2 if you go to Buffy Boards School of Slayers and Demon Hunters and read about the 'fun' between Sineya and Black Thorn you'll note that dogs are for Sineya and cats are for Black Thorn.
My reply #36 was just a passing comment to BuffyForever85 about Black Thorn having cats as its animal.

Top Bottom