• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Pricey Does Art

W

WillowFromBuffy

I couldn't even explain what I did, just messed around with the colour balance.
That is how I made my red Whirlwind banner. I couldn't get it to look like I wanted, so I pulled at all the sliders in frustration until it suddenly looked kinda cool :p

Priceless

Scooby
XS48BKn.jpg
3sPGIGT.jpg
zlguYyA.jpg
hMp48Nh.jpg

I can't stop :p

Grace
Grace
Love it!
Stoney
Stoney
Very pop art. :D

Stoney

Spiked!
What is it about gradients that was bothering you? I don't tend to use them much, so I might not be able to help, but I sometimes use them on background textures I create. There are a lot of really incredible tutorials in the art section over on BF. If what you are using is very like photoshop they might still help.

Priceless

Scooby
What is it about gradients that was bothering you? I don't tend to use them much, so I might not be able to help, but I sometimes use them on background textures I create. There are a lot of really incredible tutorials in the art section over on BF. If what you are using is very like photoshop they might still help.

Thanks Stoney, all help is gratefully received. I think I just need to practice and am never sure if I'm meant to add a layer, or mask a layer, or what the difference is. As for the gradients, I can't seem to make them work at all. But I'm not stressing about it, it's fun just experimenting :)

Stoney

Spiked!
I add layers like there is no tomorrow and end up with an obscene amount because I think it is easier if the different changes you make can be isolated. Can you add gradients as an effect to a specific layer like photoshop, or 'clip' a new gradient layer to another specific layer or are these gradients you are trying to apply to the whole piece? However you are looking to use it, if you go into the gradient you can normally alter the colours, the opacity, the order etc etc. The first tutorial on this link mentions gradients (and colouring is referred to elsewhere too). This is the link to the learn to fanart section (the tutorial above was out of the dead threads at the top).

Priceless

Scooby
Arrr, so I should be making tons of layers, ok, good to know :) The gradients are for each layer I think. Or should I be creating a new layer just for the gradient? And when I use a gradient, I can't seem to get back to the full gradient list the next time I want to use a gradient :eek::D Lol, I do not have a clue what I am doing! Thanks for the links, I think I should take notes

Stoney

Spiked!
Obviously I'm always assuming what your using will work the same way. But you can create a new 'gradient layer' which will then apply to any layer 'underneath' it. Or you can apply a gradient to a layer itself. Either through adding it as an effect (normally by double clicking on the layer), or by 'clipping' a gradient layer to the layer directly following it.

If you add elements/pics/textures etc all on their own layers then you have the greatest flexibility for altering each element. Layer masks are definitely your friend for sure because you an always undo something that you have 'removed'. Whereas if you use the eraser or cut part of it out and then decide later you want it back you would have to reload the original item again and restart. It is so difficult trying to describe these things, especially not knowing if the programme layouts match well or not. :D

W

WillowFromBuffy

Tara with season 3 Willow? It makes no sense! But I can forgive, because it is very beautiful.

I also really like the Bangel and Xander+Dawn icons.

Priceless
Priceless
Lol, didn't even think of the seasons!

Priceless

Scooby
You made a bangel avatar! I guess I need to get my head out of my butt and make a Spuffy one! ;)

It's not one of my favourites, I have to admit, but then again, neither is the Spuffy one lol, I much prefer the Cangel and Dander ones. I've actually found it quite hard to find a good/sharp picture of DB! I've also developed a bit of an addiction to lighting effects, they cover a multitude of sins :D

Last edited:

Stoney

Spiked!
Promotional shots and stills are normally great for getting high quality pics if you can't get your own screengrabs of specific moments/eps you want to use. A BF fanartist, Jenni Lou, offers shots from numerous shows on her site, fractured-simplicity, including BtVS and Angel ones. The later seasons of BtVS sadly have less, but there are still a heap to help you get what you need. I apologise now for the hours I've just lost you browsing. Enjoy! :D

Priceless
Priceless
You're a star, thank you :-)
TriBel
TriBel
Personally, I was going to call you a "time-sink" (I owe you so many responses!) but I'll go with @Priceless 's "Star"! :)
Top Bottom