• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Spike or Angel - Who would be a better husband for Buffy?

Who would Buffy be better off marrying?

• Angel

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Spike

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • Riley

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 13 19.7%

• Total voters

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
Actually bothered to watch the video.

Well, it actually made me like Angel more since this 'reviewers' insights and opinions are laughably shallow and unconsidered. They clearly hate the title characters on both shows. That's frankly bizarre. Their evaluation of Spike is what I like to call 'pure Spikette' lol.

I'm incredibly sad that they're fans of Faith. Gives the rest of us Faith-fanatics that 'guilt by association' thing. Oh well.

Name the Stars

You can't see the stars, love. That's the ceiling.
Black Thorn
I love and hate both Spuffy and Bangel for different reasons. However, I don't think either would be a particularly good husband for Buffy. Marriage doesn't really seem like the right thing for any of these relationships. I think that they would all fail for some reason or another.
That said, if I had to pick someone for Buffy to marry it would probably be Angel, just because Spike doesn't seem like the type to be a husband, and settle down. I don't think that their relationship is like that. Angel seems more traditional in that respect, like he might want to get married, and become a husband. IDK though, I still stand by my first opinion.

Dora

Scooby
I had to put other down ,
If riley had loved her he would never have just left her ,
Angel loved her and left her so she could have a chance at a real life and not a freak show as he said, Spike nobody surely would think Spike , poor Buffy all those extra shifts at the double Meat Palace to keep him in Smokes , booze , gambling and having to watch replays of Passions all the time on a black and white tv that must be mental cruelty ! also Angel and Spike are not human......
Xander don't see it
Woods would she want Faiths cast off
Andrew, Gay
Dawn incest
Giles , bit creepy father figure
Oz maybe, only down is having to take him walkies 3 times a month
I suppose that leaves Faith or Willow or Both

Last edited:

DayDreamer27

Potential
"Spike honey, its your turn to do the dishes."

"...I got a soul for you!"

"Fine, fine, I'll do them." *grumble*

:p
*buffy throws dishes at Spike.*

*spike grabs her & shoves her into the sink, breaking more dishes.*

*they have sex & destroy the kitchen.*

Spike gies back to watching tv & Buffy cleans up dish glass.

Rinse & repeat 5 kids later, separation, Bradjelina custody battle. Divorce. Meet up to periodically have sex. Lol

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
If Buffy has a perfect husband candidate out there somewhere, we haven't seen him yet. Once she had empowered the 1800 slayers, she could settle down and have a family life but before that, it would just be too much of a battle to keep up with her duties and maintain some sort of married life. There are a lot of men (like Riley) who would not want a wife who was stronger than him, so a distinct portion of the men out there would be repelled. A prospective husband would be someone like Xander but by the time she realized that, he was already hooked up with Dawn (which I think was a good choice for the both of them). Oz would be too laid back and the attraction of an intelligent partner made Willow his choice.

He's out there, but she hasn't met him yet (and neither have we).

Ceadsearc03

Potential
Best husband? Angel, clearly. We see Angel can act happily domestic when it suits him. He can cook, he does laundry, he's a dab hand at decorating and DIY, he's a good Dad. He seems to have some of those life skills that Buffy would value in a hubby. The vampire thing is the one factor getting in the way.

Neither Riley or Spike seemed capable of being Buffy's equal, so they wouldn't end up being be good husbands.
Was going to write a thing but I’ll just agree with this.

And honestly, I can’t see a world in which Buffy could be with Angel (as in, if the curses and stuff went away) and chose not to. (I’m ignoring the comics because I haven’t read them and I feel they’re more of one potential AU than reality.)

thetopher
thetopher
Ignore the comics if you can, 'cause they can ruin some characters. :(

Nix

Evil Nix 😈 Unicorn of Death!
Sineya
Other...
Dean Winchester 🥰 🥰🤪

biconanya

Townie
Satsu from the comics? Imagine if Buffy came out as a lesbian? Maybe that's the reason she has such bad taste in men (no offense to Angel of Spike but full offense towards Riley).

I know Buffy did not reciprocate the same feelings but. A girl can dream...

Top Bottom