• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Ultimate Spuffy episode

debbicles

Music is what makes life amazing
I have strayed from the path, but Paul and FFB redeem me...
Oh wait, am I actually channeling Angel here?
Well, heck - yeah, baby, I'm back.

Ok, I have an idea I'd like to share with my fellow Spufflings - all this chat about the best Spuffy episode. How about if we had a rewatch thread? Starting in S2? Of course we'd have to decide on the episodes themselves because not all of them are Spuffy.
Is that a daft idea? Do we all have too much on our plates to do it?
I have never seen Halloween, people!

SunnydaleGlitz
SunnydaleGlitz
I'd like that. Just finished with a killer phd deadline yesterday, and now back in my home country. It's been so busy/ stressful and BB has kept me going! Would love a Spuffy re-watch!
Fool for Buffy
Fool for Buffy
Just let me know when and I'll try, but I can't guarantee I'll have time
PaulParmar1
PaulParmar1
That would be cool!
TriBel
TriBel
Let me know when and I'll try to find time. Intermittent episodes?

debbicles

Music is what makes life amazing
FFB, we can take the rewatch at any pace you like. It's great to have fun with this but I know we all have busy lives.

Taake

Keeper of the Continuum Transfunctioner
Watcher
Black Thorn
Once More With Feeling, when he catches her and tells her that life's not a song or bliss, it's just living, and his voice kind of quivers a little... beautiful moment and it's kind of like both of them forget everyone else, or the world, for a moment there and just exist in their own little bubble. Reminds me of that start of the season when he realises she had to claw her way out of her own coffin.

Spanky
Spanky
I agree it's in OMWF but it's not that moment.

SunnydaleGlitz

Potential
Sineya
OK I have another underrated Spuffy episode to add: Family. Brief but great Spuffy moment where Spike thinks he'd enjoy seeing Buffy getting killed but *obviously* is compelled to help her because he can't help himself. And the banter with Harmony is kinda hilarious, when he tries to hide the Buffy statuette he keeps staring at. He's so very obviously in love. :p

EDIT: Not to mention, I just watched Fool for Love again, and oh my god. I'm changing to including this as one of my top 10 favourite Spuffy episodes. It is such a fabulous episode and richly explores all of Spike's backstory and makes his love for Buffy so much deeper and more layered. And the chemistry between them in this episode is out of this world.

Last edited:

Fool for Buffy

I'm just being a big nerd again
Sineya
EDIT: Not to mention, I just watched Fool for Love again, and oh my god. I'm changing to including this as one of my top 10 favourite Spuffy episodes. It is such a fabulous episode and richly explores all of Spike's backstory and makes his love for Buffy so much deeper and more layered. And the chemistry between them in this episode is out of this world.
I agree. I'd put it in top 5 even. And you're right about the chemistry; I'm always especially impressed with the cuts back and forth between the seventies and present, Buffy and Spike bantering with the exact moves from the fight he's describing. And the first time I saw this I got chills.

IMG_4978.GIF

Source: the buffster

SunnydaleGlitz
SunnydaleGlitz
Absolute chills, agree.

SunnydaleGlitz

Potential
Sineya
Oh yes! That was No Place Like Home (5.5), came right after Out of My Mind (5.4) when Spike has his revelatory dream.

Serenityrose

Townie
Fool for Love... That ending scene alone was perfection.

HM: Touched, Afterlife, Smashed, The Gift, Intervention

AstridDante

Potential
Fool For Love as others say chemistry was insane and Spike never looked better. Smashed for passion, Dead Things for complexity of their relationship, Showtime..the look of love in Buffy’s eyes when she rescues Spike, Touched the tenderness/romance of holding each other, Chosen flaming hands

Top Bottom