• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:
    1. You really should register so you can chat with us!
    2. Twelve thousand people can't be wrong.
    3. Buffy-Boards loves you.
    4. See 1 through 3.
    Come on, register already!

Your first English words

Lily

Chantarelle-Lily-Anne
my first words were no, more and want. Pretty much summed it all up :D I think child-me had a Faith mentality.

first French words were Salut, j'ai m'appelle Katie, et tu? and Comment ca va?
but lord knows i can't spell in French anymore, as you can see :D

Karol

With a soul
Sineya
I just don´t remember >.< I´m a non-native English speaker, but I don´t remember!
Probably I had something like 6 years-old... something like that.

Fisrt Spanish world was SO late, it was the "to be" from Spanish.. around 9 years-old.

First German was REALLY late, it was "wunderbar" lol Around 15years-old.

First French word.. well, I think it was "abajour" xD Anyway, learning french, it was "je m´appelle Carol" xD And it was about 18 years-old!

Ah! And now I have my first swedish word xDDD It´s "säger"! o/

Washburne
Washburne
And here I was thinking "säger" was your third word. ;) Oh, well.

woogirl

Potential
I think mine was "sorry". I remember when I was 7-8 years old and we're learning the song "Head and shoulders, knees and toes". :D After a few years I realised that the name of shampoo (Head&Shoulders) isn't that hard as I thought.
I remember also this song with alphabet, but as I know in English-speaking countries they learn the same one.
Ohh! And I remember this joy when the English-teacher has said "Sit down" or "Stand up". I don't know why, but for 8 years old children it was HILARIOUS.

First German word? I've never liked that language, but it was, I guess, "Scheiße". I know, impressive. :D My German-teacher was always angry and has said something like "do you know that is almost a CURSE?!".
I know that Hungarion "yes" is "igen". My friend was crazy about Hungary, have no idea why.

Ms.Trick

Scooby
"Hit me baby one more time". Thank ya Britney Spears :D (around 6 years old)

Then my mum bought me a Disney magazine to learn English and I learned better words like "butterfly" and "flower" and "bird" :p (around 8 years old)

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I'm pretty sure it's "Hello".. I started learning English when I was six, and we usually start with greetings and alphabet first.

InsaneMystic

Ex-Scooby
I think my first couple of English words (with very curious ideas at how to pronounce them) came from the names and tagline descriptions of MOTU action figures, when I was six or seven. So, I'm probably one of few peeps who can rate stuff like "Lord of Destruction" among their first foreign words. *feels badass :cool: *

Funnily, when I first learned the word "human" that way, I thought it meant something like "boogeyman". :D

Appelsapientje

Potential
Well, I can't really remember my first English words, but I did learn a lot of my first English through games. Especially through Runescape ;P I do remember that I knew the English word 'jug' because of Runescape x')

Foxy

I am cookie dough!
Sineya
My first word in English was probably something Pokemon related so prolly at age 4
My first French word was: Salut
My first German word: autobahn
My first Estonian word: Tervist

Blaze

Let it Burn
Black Thorn
The first thing I learnt how to say was "I don't speak English" lol.

JCoatsworth

UP THE IRONS!
Black Thorn
Wow, this is an old thread.
I really don't remember what my first English word was. It might have been something from a cartoon show. Like Extreme Dinosaurs or something. The kind of stuff I grew up watching. There are plenty of English words in the titles. I grew up in the wake of Jurassic Park. It might have been "Jurassic", but it probably was something else, less special.

Foxy
Foxy
I thought I would bring it back again :)

sosa lola

Scooby
It was "Good morning, teacher" :D My first day in middle school and my first English lesson ever. I was so happy with myself. Heh.

Puppet

Actual size.
Black Thorn
Don't ask me to remember that, lol, that was a looong time ago. I learned English, almost fluently, before we ever had it in school (which was, about, 3rd grade) because of all the television, movies and music I was around in English. Funny fact, though, most of my English teachers despised teaching me, because they were teaching British English and I was fluent in American English. Ha!

Evil Seal

The Blake Bortles of whatever's going on right now
The only thing I can remember of 2nd grade is learning the word "bin" in English class. After that, I was really bad at English until my mother met an American with whom I lived for about 3 years who didn't speak French. At first I was so self-conscious about my English that I wouldn't talk to him at all. But then I got better (I started watching HIMYM in English with subtitles over and over) and I talked to him more and more to the point where I spoke better than my mom and everybody in my class :)
Now I LOVE learning new languages and practicing my English, especially on that site.

Top Bottom