That's right, I'm watching you...
- Jan 1, 2010
- Stockholm, Swe
What really frustrated me about that is it would've been the perfect moment for Buffy to find out about the forgotten day. Spike *and* Angel were being haunted and then Angel returned to help stop Archaeus. There was even another scene involving a sewer but they had Buffy go with Spike instead of Angel. It could have easily been used to tie in Prom & IWRY but they were trying to turn Spuffy into a knockoff Bangel just like Cangel was a knockoff Bangel. Spuffy was originally an inverse of Bangel, similar to Dangel being an inverse of Bangel. It worked when Spike & Darla redid scenes that Buffy & Angel had with each other because it was done in a way that showed Spike & Darla were the antiAngel & antiBuffy instead of plagerizing them, it highlighted what was good about Bangel.And... they redid THAT whole thing again in the comics with Buffy and Spike; when Buffy went into, and saw, Spike's history.
Angel and Buffy was a love for the ages, a love that lasts for all time.I wanted to reopen this topic because we were interrupted last time. Since the topic would be closed - and said, if we want to - we can open a new one
So true. Is there not one thing that was just part of Cangel that wasn't part of Bangel.Joss Whedon himself said that on AtS he tried to use Cordelia to redo Buffy's story (shallow SoCal teen who gets super powers & depth) since BtVS the tv series was a year after Buffy became the Slayer so she already gained that. Cordelia's arc and Cangel are LITERALLY a reboot of Buffy & Bangel.
* Buffy was conceived, born, raised, & lived in LA for 16+ years. Cordelia moved to LA.
* Buffy's first BtVS episode is the start of her life in a new town. Cordelia's first AtS episode is the start of her life in a new town.
* Buffy has visions & prophetic dreams since she was at least 15, inherited from the death of the previous person who had them. Cordelia gets visions at about 19, inherited from the death of the previous person who had them.
* Buffy is friends with a male British Watcher (Giles), a nerdy girl who is good with computers (Willow), & a guy with no superpowers (Xander). Cordelia becomes friends with a male British Watcher (Wesley), a nerdy girl who is good with computers (Winifred), & a guy with no superpowers (Gunn).
* Buffy spends part of an episode in bed because everyone's hurts are amplified in her head. Cordelia spends part of an episode in bed because everyone's hurts are amplified in her head.
* There is an episode showing an alt world in which everything is horrible for the group because Buffy isn't there. There is an episode showing a (fake) alt world in which everything is horrible because Cordelia isn't there.
* Buffy is half demon. Cordelia is tricked into being half demon (the next year retconned into half PTB DNA to be durable for the Jasmine possession/pregnancy).
* Buffy ends s5 by ascending to a higher realm (Heaven) and comes back the next season months later. Cordelia ends s3 by ascending to a higher realm (wherever Jasmine was) and comes back the next season months later.
* The Scooby Gang have amnesia for an episode because Willow tried to erase Buffy's memories of being in that higher realm. The Fang Gang have amnesia for an episode because they tried to return Cordelia's memories when she returned from the higher realm.
* The first guy Buffy slept with post high school only pretended to like her to manipulate her into sex. The first guy Cordelia slept with post high school only pretended to like her to manipulate her into sex.
* Buffy goes through a portal in LA to a demon dimension where humans are made slaves and rescues 7 people including Anne who is really close to Gunn. Cordelia falls through a portal in LA to a demon dimension where humans are made slaves and the group rescue Winifred who is really close to Gunn.
* Buffy trains every week in martial arts, in s3 did Take Chi & sparring with Angel. Cordelia decides in s3 to have Angel train her every week in martial arts.
* Buffy & Angel are possessed by ghost lovers. Cordelia & Angel are possessed by ghost lovers.
* Buffy & Angel nap on his bed. Cordelia & Angel nap on his bed.
* Angel holds Buffy's hand as she lays suffering in bed. Angel holds Cordelia's hand as she lays suffering in bed.
* Buffy's boyfriend Riley leaves because he knows she is still in love with Angel. Cordelia's boyfriend Groo leaves because he thinks she is in love with Angel.
* Angel is jealous of guys who get to be in the sunlight & have sex with Buffy. Angel is jealous of guys who get to be in the sunlight & have sex with Cordelia.
* In BtVS s4 Angel wants to be at the dinner table beside Buffy. In AtS s4 Angel wants to be at the dinner table beside Cordelia.
* Angel is there for Buffy's surprise birthday party. Angel is there for Cordelia's surprise birthday party.
* The dialogue in Awakening which led to Angel losing his soul purposely plagerized the dialogue in Surprise which led to Angel losing his soul.
I did not mean the relationship itself, everyone has their own opinion and for me Cordelia and Angel will always win just because of the slow build up - but this is a another matter.
I meant when someone say: Angel didnt LOVE Cordelia "just" because he did NOT recognise Cordelia was not herself.
My counter question was: Buffy did NOT either - did she really love him, when she did not notice Angel was not himself? or are the facts laid out in such a way that they fit into someone own benefits of the ships?