• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Covers and Solicitations: BtVS Season 12 #2

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Despite his image of withdrawn broodiness, Angel's body language is usually quite confident. He stands upright, he looks people in their eyes, he shows his hands, etc.

I agree with you actually, especially in his covers he is usually drawn more head-on, eyes directly at you. I don't think he looks like Spike in body language or in appearance as you do but I do think that he is drawn in a way that we haven't seen for Angel on the covers of the comics. But those are also his titles, he is the main protagonists and in this one, Buffy is running the show. Maybe that has something to do with the way he is drawn or maybe there is more to it. Maybe he's trying to figure out how to introduce Buffy to his split personality girlfriend ... totally possible :)

Or maybe he is btvs s1 Angel and BTVS s1 Angel is not nearly as confident as the Angel we have now.

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
Or maybe he is working up the courage to dump her.

Or maybe he's trying to figure out which personality he should dump. I'd go for Fred... Illyria is scary. Although us Texans can get pretty scary when we are dumped. Just go listen to a Dixie Chick song... you'll know what I mean.

Ethan Reigns

Scooby
Sineya
Maybe killing Willow was going to be like "Life Serial" where Buffy had that "Groundhog Day" recurrence. Anywhere there is a change in the timeline, the events of the future are only taken as possible outcomes, not THE outcome. I don't believe that Willow was going to be permanently dead even if Buffy killed Willow in this particular timeline.

W

WillowFromBuffy

Or maybe he's trying to figure out which personality he should dump. I'd go for Fred... Illyria is scary. Although us Texans can get pretty scary when we are dumped. Just go listen to a Dixie Chick song... you'll know what I mean.
ae81a1058a85bf2e65efa385e239d6e6--fanart-angel.jpg

You realise this is it? After the final season ends, there is unlikely to be any more major events in the Buffyverse. Do you want a silly whim of the writers to stand as the culmination of 12 seasons?

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
ae81a1058a85bf2e65efa385e239d6e6--fanart-angel.jpg

You realise this is it? After the final season ends, there is unlikely to be any more major events in the Buffyverse. Do you want a silly whim of the writers to stand as the culmination of 12 seasons?

Why would you do this to me???
giphy.gif

:p

Of course not. I have just become quite desensitized to all of the ways they can disappoint me in the comics. They have no time address the story with Buffy and Angel in the way I would like them to. So I am trying to be realistic. I hope they give me a like-able badass Buffy saving the world, I hope they give me some genuine and heartfelt moments between Buffy and Angel and that's it. That's all they have time for. There is too much ground to cover and only 128 pages to do it.

W

WillowFromBuffy

True. The shortness is a problem. However, if they brought them back together, they could always do a Buffy and Angel epilogue as one of the new stand alone series.

My biggest fear is that this season will be too action focused, and that it is just going to be Buffy, Fray and Illyria doing flip flops atop Godzilla sized demons plus some time travel mumbo jumbo. This is the end. Something big needs to happen. I want character and drama.

badsister

Angel's Avenger
I want character and drama.

um i wonder what would happen if Buffy found out about Angel having a rendezvous with the God King... but i have a feeling we won't get this kind of closure for any relationships there. at this point i don't even care who ends up with who. ( it's like supernatural gossip girl everyone slept with everyone). i want good action and good drama and some twist and maybe major character death(though it never lasts yeah?). and most of all something to make up for what was done to angel in angel s11 ughhhhh
Post automatically merged:

they need an unconventional smart interesting unexpected villain not a giant demon lord who really wants to rule the world!

Deniwizard

Rogue demon hunter.
Nah I think you might be reading too much into it. She seems to be glancing upwards and in front of her, as one would when entering new surroundings - they have just stepped out of a portal. I don't think it's meant to convey much more than a 'Buffy's on a badass mission into the future' kind of vibe. Besides, Angel's further back behind her rather than in side-by-side; she wouldn't be looking up if her attention was focused on him.

I just asked the artist about this because it looked like a tribute of sorts and this is what she said:

IG.png

So it's just a power walk x)

RachM

I'm busy. I'm brooding.
Does anyone know the inspiration for this cover? The poses that Buffy and Angel are in look so damn familiar, I know I've seen them on a movie poster or something but I can't for the life of me figure out which movie! Help! It's driving me nuts!

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
However, if they brought them back together, they could always do a Buffy and Angel epilogue as one of the new stand alone series.

In the darkest recess of my mind lives the tiniest spark of hope and I’m that same dark place, I have this vision of the last panels where Buffy takes Angel’s hand and ending it with a close up of that, hand in hand (like the Forever shot of their hands).

But mostly I just hope Angel doesn’t accidently cause an apocalypse.

badsister
badsister
He have a slight tendency to do that. So he pose at the cover can be read as: oh crap i've done it again. And buffy is like: wtf angel
Taake
Taake
Yes, please don't make Angel cause an apocalypse Joss and Co!

Taake

I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too.
Staff member
Black Thorn
I'm really excited to see grown up Giles but eh, what does this mean for the Giles comic? Have I missed something? Have they thrown in the towel on that one already?

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
But mostly I just hope Angel doesn’t accidently cause an apocalypse.

Accidentally?!?!? Pffft. That I can live with. I just hope he doesn't cause one on purpose.

I'm really excited to see grown up Giles but eh, what does this mean for the Giles comic? Have I missed something? Have they thrown in the towel on that one already?

We don't know what the deal is with adult Giles yet. Based on Season 11 #12, he should still be in kid form after his high school adventure. It's possible that was misleading in some way (either explained in-universe or an oops) and he's actually adulted again by the end of the mini (which has two issues left, coming out this month and next). It's also possible that he gets adulted again in the one-year gap between Season 11 and Season 12; that he's adulted during Season 12; or that it's just an artistic choice for the covers (seems unlikely now that there have been two covers with adult Giles, but you never know).

thetopher

Member of the Church Of Faith
Sineya
It's possible that was misleading in some way (either explained in-universe or an oops) and he's actually adulted again by the end of the mini (which has two issues left, coming out this month and next). It's also possible that he gets adulted again in the one-year gap between Season 11 and Season 12; that he's adulted during Season 12; or that it's just an artistic choice for the covers (seems unlikely now that there have been two covers with adult Giles, but you never know).

With the time-travel aspect it could be both teen Giles and adult Giles get to interact; such a furious polishing of glasses due to exasperation will have never been witnessed before!
Everyone else gets 'oh dear lord' in stereo.
Post automatically merged:

Do you really think Whedon would pass up one last chance to dump on Angel? You should know Whedon better by now.

I think he'll write Angel as finally endorsing Buffy and Spike like everyone else has.
He'll have Angel smile a dopey smile and say 'Gosh, their just so good together. Spike is way more suited to Buffy than I ever was. I'm glad that she's over me. Also my hair is stupid.'
Spike: 'bog off you plonker.'
Angel: *obsequiously* 'yes Spike.'

Grace
Grace
Oh, right, left out the past Giles option!

Mrs Gordo

Bangel extremist...
Black Thorn
I think he'll write Angel as finally endorsing Buffy and Spike like everyone else has.
He'll have Angel smile a dopey smile and say 'Gosh, their just so good together. Spike is way more suited to Buffy than I ever was.

That will be the last Buffy related thing I ever read. I’ll just turn and walk away - leave it a behind.

badsister
badsister
or spike and angel and buffy end up as happy family of three. if you know what i mean

Grace

Destructo-Girl
Black Thorn
I’m loving Spike’s hair! Wonder if that’s for #3 or #4....

TriBel
TriBel
Suspicion is it's 3 but that's just something I've read elsewhere - I dunno!

EarthLogic

Scooby
Black Thorn
I'm guessing it's base sketch with the colours to be overlayed later, but the Grayscale does look pretty cool just on its own.

Top Bottom