• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of 8.03 "The Long Way Home Part 3" - Released 05/02/07 (Dark Horse)

nerd4hire

Certified Uncloneable
On that going back story. As I recall it was Joss telling Georges Jeanty to go back to a previous season to check out a character who would be making a reappearance. I got the impression it was more to see what the character looked like. At the time Georges didn't know his Buffy. He does now. As I recall it was Season 5, but I could be wrong about that. A previous suggestion, rumor, whatever had suggested a big bad would be reappearing, and people connected the 2 stories. That's why a lot of people were thinking it might be Adam. That and Amy's boyfriend was supposed to have high tech knowledge. That's where the Season 4 thing comes from.

Karl

Townie
Finally read it. As people before me have commented #3 was even better than the last two. The artwork is awesome (I don't read a lot of comics but I think the art really is beautiful. Characters need little bit improvement but otherwise the atmosephere is just right and colours are very vivid) and we got lots of acton out of this one. I'm still sad that the man in the coat wasn't Spike, but I knew there'd be little chance they introduced him so early on in the comics (although that dream sequence with Angel, Buffy & Spike, nice LOL). I won't say I understood all the dream stuff and also, isn't it possible that Warren is Amy's boyfriend??? Like, where did Amy transport Willow? To the army base? It would also explain the general's disgusted reaction? Or is Amy's boyfriend someone else and Amy has brought back Warren "just for the fun of it"?

I dont know if it was me, but Willow's dialogue was a bit off.
Willow: "Yeah, what'd she do? Bone a thricewise?"
Somehow Willow using the word 'bone' feels weird. The word doesn't offend me or anything, it just doesn't fit. Also, why did Willow call Xander by his last name? I know she was joking, but still, why not just 'Xander'?
Also, the true kiss thing wasn't as interesting as I thought it'd be. I mean, Willow didn't kiss Buffy (I think, she said that somone in the room was in love with her, did that include Willow?). So that means it was either Xander or one of the slayers. I can understand Xander but don't really care if ti was some anonymous slayer or sth. Where can they go with this story?

The Chosen

Time is all around
Sineya
I'm extremely afraid to ask, but what do you mean by Spangel?

Ick. (If it's what I think it is.)

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
i think it'd be interesting if it was Willow. ok, so i haven't read this yet, it's on the way, but she said 'Someone in this room is in love with Buffy' why can't it be her? it would make sense. she got everyone to close their eyes, so no one's gonna know. it's be weird and unusual...and exactly something Joss would do.
i'm a little bummed that it wasn't Spike. i would even take Buffy's dream world version of Spike...hell, i would even take Angel over Ethan Rayne! lol, that i was NOT expecting.

and as the for Spangel thing...that'd be interesting to, but in a COMPLETELY different way!!

Karl

Townie
i think it'd be interesting if it was Willow. ok, so i haven't read this yet, it's on the way, but she said 'Someone in this room is in love with Buffy' why can't it be her? it would make sense. she got everyone to close their eyes, so no one's gonna know. it's be weird and unusual...and exactly something Joss would do.
i'm a little bummed that it wasn't Spike. i would even take Buffy's dream world version of Spike...hell, i would even take Angel over Ethan Rayne! lol, that i was NOT expecting.

and as the for Spangel thing...that'd be interesting to, but in a COMPLETELY different way!!
Great post. So Willow & Buffy, I don't know how to name the relationship, Wuffy or Billow? LOL Quite honestly, I'd like to see that happen but I'm pretty sure Buffy doesn't go for girls.
[br][/br]
Edit:
[br][/br]
I'm extremely afraid to ask, but what do you mean by Spangel?

Ick. (If it's what I think it is.)
It's (the dream sequence) basically Bangel, Spuffy & Spangel at the same time. Or were you asking what Spangel meant? (Spike & Angel together oviously)

Ashxking

one evil monkey
I will always be a Wander fan and I pray joss sees the error of his ways and makes this happen

Karl

Townie
If Joss says that Willow would use the term "bone", then Willow would.

Joss is boss, after all. ;)
Never said he wasn't.:) Willow has become too big of a badass, but I think that's okay too. Also, I thought that Willow wouldn't revert back to Dark Willow. I was hoping maybe she'd turn white like in 'Chosen'.

Mortal

Townie
* If it isn't Xander, Willow, or Dawn who kisses Buffy, the only other two we know by name who are in the room are Leigh, and Rowena.
Amy might still have been in the room too, not that she's a likely suspect. The comic makes it seem like Xander is the probable kisser because his eye is open when people not in love with Buf were supposed to keep them (or it in his case) shut, and there's an "OKAY?" thought or speech bubble right there in front of his head right before Buf wakes up, and he's right there next to her when she does... The other way I could read it is that he was spying and the "OKAY?" was an expression of surprise or shock at who the kisser really was... Anyway, I counted 8 women (slayers?) in the room in addition to Buffy, Amy (if still there), Willow and Dawn.

Whistler

The Guide
I loved this little segment:
Xander: "Say it with me now: Fe Fi Fo...
Dawn: "...F%$#ING FUM.

that was just awesome

edit: also in the dream sequence when they're all flashing by, anyone else notice the one with Joyce sprawled on the couch dead. that was kinda sad to see. :(

Mortal

Townie
I keep thinking back to Amy's intentions: Why cast a love spell, of all the possible spells, on Buffy? Why egg Xander on to try and break it by kissing Buffy?

It almost seems like she wanted to screw with their heads more than to kill Buffy (though she did seemingly try the latter with her dagger). Maybe she thought no one present loved Buffy and wanted to prove that to her, or maybe she knew that someone did (Xander?) and wanted to expose it, or maybe she wanted them to fetch Angel or Spike for some reason, or maybe she just wanted to make out with Buffy herself (obviously she's a little obsessed with Buffy)... Or maybe there was no deeper point to the choice of spell on her part and it was just something to move the plot forward while adding some romantic intrigue...

Thoughts?

nerd4hire
nerd4hire
Other than what you suggest, I got nothing.

Xander

You Can Call Me Ash
Was thinking last night about how the comics can do lots of things they couldn't on TV, for several reasons and I thought it would be quite amusing if they tried to do that dream on TV. Oh the hilarity on set.

palabravampiress
palabravampiress
Dude - *that* dream would have been hilarious on TV!

Evilyn

Symphony of Destruction
I'm wondering how his body kept from decaying after all that time. Amy would have had to have found Warren right after Willow was done with him to keep him in that kind of shape for that amount of time. I mean if she has that kinda power, she could have at least given him some skin or something. *bleck*

W
Wiccaness
She probably used magic...since willow burned him into nothing ....but as for the no skin im with you Bleck

Blade69

Hunting any one???
Book 3. What did u think about it?

YES there are Spoolers in this!

I think book 3 was my favorite cover so far.

I loved the little twist at the end, when Amy sucked Will into the portal & then we saw Warren. You would of thought Amy could of put his skin back on but yuck he did look freaky!! His line was a TOTAL classic Buff line, "You really got under my skin"!! When he didn't have any. I LOVED IT!! Totally Josh kind of hummer.

Did u guys see the Slayer in the background reading Fray????? It was when they were talking to Andrew. That was funny, leave it to Josh to throw something like that in it. LOL!!!! I almost missed it.

How about Andrew plying strip Poker with the Slayers!?!?!? I was like :cheering: I couldn't believe it. Maybe he won't die a virgin after all LOL!!!

Black Eye Guy
Black Eye Guy
Merged your thread with this one as they were about the same thing! :)

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
gotta say, loved this issue. Warren's intro was good, even though i was a bit disappointed it was him. he looked gross, and i really wanna know how Amy managed to keep him alive for all that time. makes sense now though, why shw turned Willow into Warren in S7! lol
Ethan Rayne...hmm...am i the only one not totally convinced it's him? Buffy wonders how he can be part of her subconscious, as she spends zero time thinking about him, and he fobs her off with some excuse about being in her dream space, not her dream. the way he's dressed, not something we would normally see Ethan wearing. and the way he was speaking...he called her my love, pet, lamb, not something we ever heard him using.
ok, long story short, i think he's Spike, in some sorta disguise. but that's just me...hopeless Spuffy. BUT, it would explain why Spike's not in any of the little memory cube thingies, 'cause some part of her knows he's there. ok, i'm reaching, let's move on.
Hey, is that Cordelia in one of the little boxes? the one above Faith?
the Triple X thing has got me really confused. i have no idea what that's about.
LOVED that Dawn line...F%$#ing Fum, lmao!
THAT picture...hilarious!! still don't know what it means, other than Buffy's inability to make up her mind.
The person that loves Buffy...Xander and Willow were the closet ones to her when she woke up. When she asks later on who kissed her, Willow has a strange look on her face and chances the subject...Xander's looking at the floor. plus, he seems to be loved up with Renee...or getting there, anyway. i think it was Willow, but i'm probably alone on that.
i wish the Kennedy died thing wasn't just for a month. she'll probably pop up eventually.
the girl reading Fray was funny...wonder if she's looking for advice? or answers? lol

EDIT

one more thing...in the image with Buffy, Spike and Angel, did anyone else notice the two trains? one leading from Angel's side, the other from Spike's. they looked as if they were about to collide. wonder if that means anything...or if it's just dream stuff like the cherubs...

Tranquillity

That'll put marzipan in your pie plate bingo
I too think there is something suspicious about the fact that Ethan Rayne was Dream Guy. I also think its suspicious that Warren can be 'bought back' too. I think Black Magic is afoot and that Ethan and Amy are in cahoots.

goldenboy

Scooby
I dont know if it was me, but Willow's dialogue was a bit off.
Willow: "Yeah, what'd she do? Bone a thricewise?"

I'm with ya. All these lines are very Jossy, but some of them sound more like Xander lines than the actual utterers. I guess Willow was kind of in ironic/cool mode. I wanna hear some of that trademark halting Willow-speak. But it's all good.

The artwork seemed a little more ragged and rushed to me in this one, I dunno. Still really like Georges' stuff in general.

I love how dense this book is, in terms of the plotting, pacing. So much stuff happening so fast.

Top Bottom