• Thank you for visiting Buffy-Boards. You obviously have exceptional taste. We just want you to know that:

1. You really should register so you can chat with us!

2. Fourteen thousand people can't be wrong.

3. Buffy-Boards loves you.

4. See 1 through 3.

Come on, register already!

Discussion of 8.03 "The Long Way Home Part 3" - Released 05/02/07 (Dark Horse)

Hero

Scooby
Wow. I missed a lot of things that you guys are bringin to my attention. Like the trains in the spike/angel/buffy picture and that one of the Slayers was reading Fray.

I'm trying to figure out what all the pictures are. when Buffy is having her "high school flash back." So far I know there's: The Master, Joyce dead on the couch, buffy xander and willow graduating, i think another of joyce, one that's either angel or jonathin (imo), giles readin the book with buffy, faith, joss, and two of dawn.

i think the kiss from true love came from the one slayer that always has the blue cap on, rowena? in the picture where willow says, "Buffy needs to be kissed by someone who's in love with her," Rowena (?) seems to look a lot more distressed than everyone else.

Evilyn

Symphony of Destruction
EDIT

one more thing...in the image with Buffy, Spike and Angel, did anyone else notice the two trains? one leading from Angel's side, the other from Spike's. they looked as if they were about to collide. wonder if that means anything...or if it's just dream stuff like the cherubs...
I think it was just basically symbolism for sex. Trains going into tunnels, volcano erupting, the stakes about to stake the "female" looking flowers. So, just dream stuff, maybe.

Xander

You Can Call Me Ash
I can totally picture Willow saying "bone", just because Alyson said it as Michelle in American Pie, thus I can hear it.

Wiccaness

I'm a blood-sucking fiend, look at my outfit
oh wow #3 was something really funny...it was great...i love the look on buffy's and willow's face when willow is telling buffy about Kennedy.and Did any one else notice there eyes...Willow has green not blue eyes...theres a page were every ones eyes are blue

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
well, yeah, got that part...but the trains are going into the same tunnel...maybe i'm making more out of this than i'm supposed to, lol

palabravampiress
palabravampiress
That would be appropriate, wouldn't it, given the fact that the trains have both been - oh gosh. I can't even type that! It just sounds wrong. lol. Point is: these two guys do tend to share lovers.

Black Eye Guy

Taking over the World!
Black Thorn
well, yeah, got that part...but the trains are going into the same tunnel...maybe i'm making more out of this than i'm supposed to, lol
I just think it's a really dirty image, not that I think it's dirty but that the symbolism is meant to be, like the trains are going in both entrances at the same time the back and the front...

Loved no 3, A little dissapointed that Warren was the boyfriend. Also loved the Fe fi fo line, brillient!

And loved that Willows eyes went black again, I really liked that.

Lyri
Lyri
lol, yeah, i got that image to! lmao

CharmedSlayer85

Potential
YES there are Spoolers in this!

I think book 3 was my favorite cover so far.

I loved the little twist at the end, when Amy sucked Will into the portal & then we saw Warren. You would of thought Amy could of put his skin back on but yuck he did look freaky!! His line was a TOTAL classic Buff line, "You really got under my skin"!! When he didn't have any. I LOVED IT!! Totally Josh kind of hummer.

Did u guys see the Slayer in the background reading Fray????? It was when they were talking to Andrew. That was funny, leave it to Josh to throw something like that in it. LOL!!!! I almost missed it.

How about Andrew plying strip Poker with the Slayers!?!?!? I was like :cheering: I couldn't believe it. Maybe he won't die a virgin after all LOL!!!
Yeah but Andrew was playing Strip Poker but you could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't enjoying himself, which more then likely means he really is gay and since they're seemingly making the comic a lot more adult then the TV with Dawn using profanity, even if it is **** out and a lot of sex references and it being a "slow year" and Buffy being in a threesome with Spike and Angel. I'm also still wondering how Amy got to be so powerful now it appears she seems to be on Willow's level however she keeps mentioning how Willow is so powerful, but is Amy really such a light weight compared to Willow? Even when Willow temporarily went all black haired, which seems to be her strongest state Amy didn't seem to get affected, she was smiling and saying "Now you're starting to make this interesting. What else you got?"

Tranquillity

That'll put marzipan in your pie plate bingo
when Buffy woke up from the spell she said "cinnamon buns"

In Waiting in the Wings (Angel season 3):

LORNE: Can't fight Kyrumption, cinnamon buns. It's fate. It's the stars. Kyrumption is..
ANGEL: Stop saying that. And stop calling me pastries.

mmmm, interesting....

(or, maybe Joss whedon who wrote that episode of angel just has a thing for cinnamon buns)

nerd4hire

Certified Uncloneable
Ah yes, and we never did find out who belonged to the floating feet in ep 1.

Who knows...could be.

alexa

rip it up
Hi guys :wave2:

Ok, just got my comic finally! And ok, is anyone else a little cranky that we don't know who kissed Buffy. I've been waiting for months to find out, and then no wait we're still not going to tell you. Grrr.
My original thoughts were Willow.. not sure why. I would prefer Xander, but I think he's into Renee... but I guess you can like/love more then one person. I'm not really warming to Renee as a love interest.. find it hard to relate to a character drawing I've seen very little of.
The Angel/Buffy/Spike image made me laugh! But owh! I want the actual boys to be in the comic... with like words.

Evilyn

Symphony of Destruction
Was that a Gamorrean Guard that was dead in that one scene before Buffy came to? It was either that or one of the demons marching towards Angel and the others in 'Not Fade Away'. Also, the dragon, in #2 she says she knows it and then #3 she says she misses her dragon. I don't have my book here with me to reference it, but I think it's in the same panel as the Gammorean Guard looking thingy. I'm curious as to what the signifigance is there.

What happened to good TV?

Ever the wordsmith
awesome comic. my fav yet.
i'm with the willow kissing buffy crowd. i think joss would do it. although xander is also a safe bet.
the three X's...could that mean 3 big bads? buffys 3 ex's being intrigal to some evil scheme? (angel riley spike) i dont know but i wanna find out.
the floating feet....cordelia? lol. i dont think so. maybe dracula?

A
alexa
owh nice theory about the 3s
W
Wiccaness
yeah real good theories

Tranquillity

That'll put marzipan in your pie plate bingo
the three X's...could that mean 3 big bads? buffys 3 ex's being intrigal to some evil scheme? (angel riley spike) i dont know but i wanna find out.
i like the three ex's idea. that's very clever! i think you are on to something as we've had lots of verbal clues suggesting Spike, the army involvement suggesting the Initative and Reilly and pehaps a little hint of Angel with the cinnamon buns.

alexa

rip it up
But even before the Triple X, there was the weird place that looked like the insides of someone or something... and there was that dead pig demon thing? Wtf. :p

What happened to good TV?

Ever the wordsmith
hmm....pigs.....mr gordo.....and the mascot for sunnydale high when flutie was principal......i figure most've the stuff we see will have some relevance (many like 20 comics in, but you know joss) although there could be some cheese man esque things that dont actually have any relevance.

Lyri

Buckle Up Tight
Sineya
i've been thinking about the three X's...what if they're not X's? what if they're Roman numerials?

although, i have nio idea what the number 30 could mean, but i just thought i'd mention it.

alexa

rip it up
hmm....pigs.....mr gordo.....and the mascot for sunnydale high when flutie was principal......i figure most've the stuff we see will have some relevance (many like 20 comics in, but you know joss) although there could be some cheese man esque things that dont actually have any relevance.
Oh wouldn't that have been cool if the cheeseman was in Buffy's dream? lol.
I think some people are still confused about the dragon, but the dragon in Buffy's dream was Amy.. because the dialogue carries on to her with the knife. Plus Buffy says 'I know you'. At least that was my assumption.
The pig and the X's I'm still clueless about.. aren't the X's and the pig something to do with Amy? Because that's what Buffy and Ethan were looking for. And by the way what the heck was Ethan doing helping Buffy? Why does he care? Maybe he felt the magicks... Have we seen a pig demon on Buffy before? It does look kind of familiar.. but I think that's from me watching the Labyrinth.
Sorry I'm jumping all over the place.
Still wondering about who kissed Buffy.. if it was another slayer I'm not really interested because I don't know them. So that leaves Willow and Xander.. unless someone else was there we don't see. But ok, if Willow isn't in love with Buffy how does she know someone else in the room is? Is she reading their minds? Did Xander confide in her that he is? But if he is he says 'ok?' like he's not sure who's in love with her.. unless this is a mislead. Urgh ok, I guess we're not meant to know, I can't analyze this anymore :p

Evilyn

Symphony of Destruction
The demon pig is what I referred to as the Gamorrean Guard earlier. I don't know if there are any other Star Wars geeks that got that. The Gamorrean Guards were at the entrance to Jabba's palace. Andrew would have gotten it, darn it!

Anywho, I wondered if maybe it was just a coinkidink that it was in there or if was just a bit of foreshadowing for Warren. I don't have Angel S5 on dvd, but I think at the end of 'Not Fade Away' one of the demons in the alley resembled that guy. It also could have just been a bit of Dark Horse humor since they do the Star Wars comics also. I'm probably reading into it too much. I dunno.

MrGordo

hamnoo?
I thought it was awesome, although I did get a little bit confused with the dream sequence, so much going on there. It was exciting to see Willow in action again! and Im liking the whole Xander/Renne thing she seems cool.
About the ending, I'm not sure Im happy about it, Joss is definetely gonna hve to clear things up in the next issue which is meant to close the arc (BTW its out tomorrow!! call your comic shops now and reserve a copy!) Oh yeah my fav bit was the 'memories' panel during the dream sequence (High school, Faith, Joyce, Angel, the last scene from Chosen, the vampyr book, and Glory was that Glory holding the mirror?? so cool) anyways can't wait for tomorrow, will be discussing the next issue as soon as I get my hands on it!

Top Bottom